DGT

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
morlandg
Resident

DGT

Postby morlandg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Yesterday I received an aviso in my email from DGT. They invite me to click on a link to read the notification. However that just takes me to a DGT website page that is in spanish but says I need either a digital certificate or Clave to read the notification. Gives me 10 days in which to reply - or pay I guess. But I don't know what this is all about. My wife was driving the car the last few days but we were neither stopped by GC nor local police. How on earth do I find out what I am charged with and what the fine is? The tel no that is quoted in the aviso is 060. I have phoned this number but get only spanish responses. I think what they say is I need to have someone who speaks spanish and has a digital certificate and for them to read the notification for me. Can someone advise me what to do? TIA Graham

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: DGT

Postby Enrique » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi morlandg,

"Yesterday I received an aviso in my email from DGT"........how come they have your email address........ :?:

If you registered on DGT with Digital Signature then I can see them having it.

Its a bit remiss of you not having a Digital Signature...........its been recommended on A.com for years........ :(
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Theres a website that you can go to to check if you have fines. I cant say what it is off the top of my head but a quick seach on citizens advice spain will bring something up as its always mentioned on their site

Have you changed your uk licence to a spanish one or when you change your address on your licence or when changing the address on your car docs .i remember writing my email address on the forms at traffico.

If not are you sure its wasnt a dodgy email

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi,
Good call elusive ..............points in the right direction.............thanks

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/wp-co ... ES-YOU.pdf

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Register and use the CL@VE system. Excellent system and easy to use.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Cl@ve is far better than a digital certificate, very easy to get, no visits to offices to identify yourself and, most important it doesn't rely on you using a specific browser on your designated computer. I can generate a PIN on my iPhone in a few seconds.

There are now very few sites which require a DC but don't use cl@ve.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:31 pm

The third party sites like buscamultas.com compile their information from the local provincial bulletins and if this notification is as a result of a recent even it will not yet appear.

You can check DGT TESTRA without a digital certificate:

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/aplicaciones ... cado.shtml

Try various search terms including full names, NIE and vehicle registration number. Regardless of the identity of the driver the notification will be in the name of the person to whom the vehicle is registered.

You must have registered with DGT at some stage for them to have your email address. Are you sure you do not have a digital certificate.

No-one else, not even with a digital certificate, will be able to access the notification. The name and NIE number on both the digital certificate and the notification must correspond.

If you should happen to be insured with Linea Directa they will check for you. I don't know about other insurance companies.
Let's go Brandon!

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:34 am

Yes beachcomber I must have registered many years ago. My telephone number has now changed.Today I have tried to register for a clave - successfully. But they have sent a SMS to my old telephone number. How can I modify my registration details without the said clave?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:54 am

Hi morlandg,
With Digital Signature you can modify your details ...............

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/tramites-y-m ... nica-vial/

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:33 am

I think that will only enable you to modify details with DGT once you are in.

You can modify the telephone number for a Cl@ve Pin here:

http://clave.gob.es/clave_Home/registro ... datos.html

but only if you already have a digital certificate. I think you will need to get someone to contact the helpline for you or leave a message here:

https://ssweb.seap.minhap.es/ayuda/consulta/CLAVE

explaining your problem. You could possibly use Google translate and do it at your own pace rather than trying to cope with a non-English speaking call centre operator.
Let's go Brandon!

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:24 pm

DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!!

I decided to get an informe de vehículo for my car, so that I can offer it to anyone who is interested in buying it once I'm back in the UK in a couple of months from now. Simple?
I want to avoid going to Tráfico in Málaga if possible, so went to the DGT website, armed with OH's cl@ve (I don't have one because you can only have one cl@ve per mobile phone number, and we only have one mobile phone :evil: ) I found the correct form, completed it, and got to the payment part. I selected the €8,30 fee, and completed all the rest correctly, but no matter what I try, I get this:
"Firma incorrecta o incompleta. Asegúrese de que dispone de la última versión de java y de su navegador. Consulte la ayuda para más información."
I have updated Java (it was up to date anyway). I have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome, all up to date versions. I have cookies enabled.
So I gave up and went to print out the form to pay the fee at my bank tomorrow, but noticed that you then have to send the receipt to Tráfico. FFS - I'm trying to do this from the comfort of my PC. Why is it so freakin' difficult????
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 pm

This gets worse - thinking I'll just go to Tráfico and get an "informe" while I wait, I found that you need a prior appointment. OK, I can make that online (allegedly). And you can pay the €8.30 fee at their office, only by credit or debit card - but only those issued by certain banks, all of which on the list seem to be obscure caja rurales. None of the biggest banks in Spain (mine included) are on their list of accepted institutions. Another dead end. So now I'm going to have to print out the payment form, go to my bank to pay through my account, which they probably only allow between the 11th and 24th of the month, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 10:00 and 11:30 (different hours apply in the summer), and then go to Tráfico in Málaga (nowhere near a train station, and virtually impossible to park anywhere nearby).
WHY??????
:evil: :evil:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.