TVMucho Player

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
wisden
Tourist

TVMucho Player

Postby wisden » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:20 pm

It seems there is a new option for watching UK TV in Spain, it is called TVMucho. Has anyone heard of it or used it?
If so, what is the minimum Internet speed?
Is it reliable?
Are there any issues that one should be aware of?

Mike Lytt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: TVMucho Player

Postby Mike Lytt » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Nothing that you can't get for Free elsewhere......and I'm sure that charging to watch many of these channels is illegal so how long it will last is any ones guess.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Might be tempted if you can actually load this onto iPad AND record!

Apple are usually quite good at blocking anything like this.

Please confirm full iPad compatibility, as its best nuclear from their site.

HarryJ
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby HarryJ » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:33 pm

ashtondav wrote:
What does that mean please?

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Sorry, spellchecker!

I meant to say it is "unclear" if you can use this AND record on an iPad because Apple usually ban such apps or programs.

wisden
Tourist

Postby wisden » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:59 am

Mike Lytt wrote:Nothing that you can't get for Free elsewhere......and I'm sure that charging to watch many of these channels is illegal so how long it will last is any ones guess.
I agree that there are some free options to watch some channels live. But, I haven’t seen anything that offers all the listed channels live and also catch-up. Can you give me an example?

Mike Lytt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike Lytt » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Depends on what device you are using, just a smart tv, a tv with android box/Nowtvbox/firestick etc, or laptop, ipad etc there is a plethora of ways and means......

mac69
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mac69 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:25 pm

ashtondav wrote:Might be tempted if you can actually load this onto iPad AND record!

Apple are usually quite good at blocking anything like this.

I think the recording will be onto their server , not onto the iPad . Best way to know for sure is to ask them .

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 pm

No App available for iOS

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:53 pm

In the immortal words of our Cilla.

Surprise, surprise.

mac69
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mac69 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:33 am

firsttango wrote:No App available for iOS
True there is none available yet , but they are working on it . Here is a reply I got from them .

On mobiles and tablets, it is better to use the app. However, we finished the development for android but we are still in the process for Mac.
If you have an IOS 10 version, you could actually test it already. Please let me know the version of IOS you have on your Ipad and if it is compatible I will send you the app to download.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:50 pm

That's good. Very good.

But usually Apple develops a technological block on their use the very next week.

Watch this space!

wisden
Tourist

Postby wisden » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:43 pm

I am more confused now, than when I originally asked the question!! Maybe it is a little early to go down this route?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:52 pm

It is quite a good system but nothing that can't be achieved using other equipment
Advantages
Good quality
Good EPG and interface
Catch up and recording
Disadvatages
Difficult to get onto the big screen meaning back to plugging your PC into the TV so you lose the convenience of the easy to navigate interface
You have to pay which very likely makes it illegal

If it's possible to use with IOS and Apple tv or Chromecast or Android to Chromecast, it might be worth it. If not, I would stick to a Now TV box or Firestick

wisden
Tourist

Postby wisden » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Markwilding. Thanks for the reply, it is just the kind of information I have been looking for.
It seems that for a big screen or TV you need to buy the TVMucho box that plugs into the TV, which is about £50.
At present I am using a DNS service, with a Samsung Smart TV and I can only watch BBC live, so I am looking for a new service.
Paying is an intersting discussion. It does not cost much a month +/-£4, and if it does everything you say, it may be worth it and see what happens.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:03 am

I was checking out my Firestick App store and noticed that TVMucho's app can now be downloaded on to it. I would still say that if you want a good free service and have a little tech savvy, there is no real benefit to paying 7.99euros per month or 48.99 for a one off annual payment for more or less the same as the TV player offers. I actually had a look at the total package allowing it be used on up to 2 screens for 62.99 or with the extra 32 channels for 98euro per year. or £10 more for 4 screens

However, the TVMucho's HD quality is better and what really makes it more superior is its EPG, which allows you to view programmes from the previous 7 days in a really simple way similar to services offered by Freeview back in the UK. TVplayer also has a EPG but it's nowhere near as good as TVMucho's

The latest firestick is really powerful and in my opinion outdoes all the other more expensive Android and tv boxes and if you wait for the right moment, they sometimes go for half price, £25 and now even better because it's possible to have a 7 day EPG with catch-up TV direct from the guide in a dedicated app without all the messing around with IPTV.

mac69
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mac69 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:44 am

Is tvmucho still in the firestick App Store ?

I read recently you now have to sideload it ?

I will find out soon just ordered a firestick .