All done and dusted

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

All done and dusted

Postby chrisuk » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:45 pm

2 more UK sleeps and Im on me way, another 2~3 on the road should do well and am I jumping for joy, gonna have to throw a party and boy can I party, I hope you all can do too, none of this "Im over the hills" nonsense at such a young age, or is it the sun

Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lion » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:13 pm

I have two more sleeps before I am on my way back to UK, will pass you on the way :lol:

Steve&Yvonne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Two sleeps

Postby Steve&Yvonne » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:26 pm

Thats life I guess.

Did you manage to sell Lion - last time I heard you were finding the market very sluggish and then - did you say you had a thunderstorm and powercut when you had a buyer.
Living in the south west and moving to Andalucia in six weeks time

Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lion » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:29 pm

Nope, haven't sold up, can't give our house away, it wasn't a buyer when we had a power cut, just a viewing.

Steve&Yvonne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Cant give it away

Postby Steve&Yvonne » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 pm

Why not? - Is it the place or the type of property. I would have thought with all the people going to/coming to Andalucia the market would be very good.

Where is the house - perhaps we should come and see it if it still there in the summer.
Living in the south west and moving to Andalucia in six weeks time

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:19 pm

Steve&Yvonne, it's probably neither the property or the location, I too was in a similar position to Lion for a long time and he/she has my every sympathy, the market generally is pants (despite what agents would wish you to believe).

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:21 pm

If the agents are anything like one of the agents we have our house for sale with ... they have put almost 12% on top of the asking price! They have bought quite a few folk up to view, but as I have told them, they have priced the house off the market. Surely they are better to reduce their commission and sell then hang on to a house on their books and spend time taking folk to a house they have made too expensive?

Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lion » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:59 pm

Sorry for bumping an old thread guys, but I tried this forum about a year ago and it was down and presumed it had shut down! - Anyway, we finally sold up in August 2006, it took over two years to sell, I understand the market out there is similar if not worse now though, with the euro at €1.19 to the £1 you are not going to be getting many brits buying either.

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Pleased you managed to sell eventually Lion. Hope everything's going well for you in the UK :)

The market is worse if anything now, we've been advised to put our house on the market below valuation and warned still not to expect a quick sale :? The estate agents, even long established ones, are closing down or downsizing with frightening speed here in eastern Almeria. Don't know what it's like on the CDS.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 am

certainly in fuengirola there are many empty agents offices including 2 that had my house for sale before i put it on the market and as i was the only owner having bought off plans they had no exuse for that type of marketing

brings a big smile to my face :D
jayne countys most famous song,google it

pkates
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pkates » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:25 am

oliveview01 wrote:If the agents are anything like one of the agents we have our house for sale with ... they have put almost 12% on top of the asking price! They have bought quite a few folk up to view, but as I have told them, they have priced the house off the market. Surely they are better to reduce their commission and sell then hang on to a house on their books and spend time taking folk to a house they have made too expensive?
I don't think it's the commission that's making it not sell - - just a depressed market as well spoken about on here.

If the agent gets a sale for you, but makes his 12%, will that be so bad for you?

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:42 am

Sorry a bit off topic but nice to see another night owl it was getting a tad lonely :lol:

pkates
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pkates » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:45 am

haha - - yeah, no sleep yet.

Raquel
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Raquel » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Lion...did you used to post on digital spy? I recognise the username....

anyway well done on selling up, are you enjoying life away from spain?

Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lion » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:04 am

Yep, same user name on Digital Spy.