Now TV, glitch in the system?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
GerryinCajiz
Resident

Now TV, glitch in the system?

Postby GerryinCajiz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Has anyone come across this problem that has just occurred? I am able to receive BBC iPlayer, ITVhub, 4 and 5, on the NowTV box,but not NowTV. It tells me that my area is out of the UK but BBC etc do not! Definitely confused.com!
Gerry

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: Now TV, glitch in the system?

Postby firsttango » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Yes, my friend in Caleta had it on Monday .....got everything on the NOWTV box except NOWTV and the Entertainment package he pays for.....no joy with all the normal procedures, his SMARTYDNS was all up to date and validated, so i got him to bang an email in support to SMARTY explaining the problem....they emailed him back within a few hours telling him they'd tweaked something their end and for him to reboot now box and try again.....it then worked and no probs since. So maybe if your not with Smarty and another DNS supplier they haven't been informed of the issue. If you're with Smarty then it should be O.K but raise a support ticket if not

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:13 am

firsttango wrote:Yes, my friend in Caleta had it on Monday .....got everything on the NOWTV box except NOWTV
Thanks for that, I am on a VPN router. Changed to a different server in London but I am getting the same result! More investigation is called for.
Gerry

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 pm

My service provider sent me a file to load, and everything is back to normal(for now).
Gerry