Samsung Smart TV UE32H4500AWXXC Bought Oct 2103

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
pensure1988
Resident

Samsung Smart TV UE32H4500AWXXC Bought Oct 2103

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 am

Can anyone help please.

I have (Direct Telecom) DT Media TV as well as Filmon on my Samsung Smart UE32H4500AWXXC Television. Non seems to be working at the moment. Someone suggested downloading Smart Flash but you have to register for a Videostrip Trial first for 7 days which presumably involves adding your debit/credit card details as well. Seems a bit dodgy to me.
Flash Player support for samsung TV's prior to 2016/2017 seem to be have been done away with. If I buy an IPTV Box,will I still need some sort of Flash Player on my Samsung Smart TV to view the programs loaded into this Box.

Any suggestions other hooking up my Laptop by HdMI CABLE to the TV will be welcome

Thank You

Nigel

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Samsung Smart TV UE32H4500AWXXC Bought Oct 2103

Postby costakid » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:47 am

We have lost filmon. I am using notfilmon which is ok at mo.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Your TV will work perfectly in conjunction with any of the options open to you, such as nowtv box, firestick/box, Android box etc.....but everything is dependant on your internet connection, speed, provider etc. I certainly would NOT try downloading anything to your TV apart from any Samsung updates, very unnecessary. I would read some of the threads relating to Nowtv etc on this site to get a feel of what is suitable for you. Also posting here how you get your current internet and speeds will give posters here a better idea of what to suggest

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi

I have ADSL broadband not fibre from Direct Telecom in the Canary Islands. My download speed is 6.25mbps at most times and upload speed is.48mbps.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi

Thank you everybody for your useful ideas. I have not yet decided which route I am going to take to restore the viewing on my TV Set.

Apparently all the major companies like Samsung, Google, etc...Have stopped supporting Flash Player because they are considering it is old technology on your smartTV please check if there is an available update if not then download an app on the TV called "Smart Flash" that should work, the problem with the Flash Player is effecting every device Smartphones, tablets, etc.
Some people say this APP does not work as you have to sign up for a free trial of something before they will allow to download this app.

Nigel

HarryJ
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby HarryJ » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:36 pm

My question for you is are you not able to get ADSL or Fibre in your area of Estepona? Are you currently watching TV through a browser on your smart tv?

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:25 am

I have only ADSL at the moment. Yes,I have been watching TV through the Browser on my Samsung.
But it does not work anymore.
Flash player not supported by Samsung since 2 Weeks ago.

Mike Lytt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike Lytt » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:27 am

There many options available to you, one of them being Change the App region on your tv to U.K
https://www.cactusvpn.com/tutorials/how ... -h-series/
Sign up to a Smart DNS supplier such as Smarty or Unlocator.....follow their simple instructions and either change DNS in the router or individual devices ie tv...then use the APPs available to watch your u.k tv. There are many many other ways dependant on budget, and how technical you are

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:38 am

Sideways query to this thread....following our move to Murcia we have found that the only position for seating in our lounge puts us further away from our tv than in our previous home. SWMBO is not happy having to keep changing specs, so pressure is on to upgrade the tv to a 55". Although we have an android box system (was a quick fix to get tv working) I would like to go for a Smart tv and DNS but am bewildered at the range of sets available, even restricting the choice to Samsung! Can anyone explain what the different options mean, apart from increasing pain on the wallet? Also, we both suffer with what seems like muddled sound on many films, as well as finding lots of dramas seeming to take place in almost total darkness, and changing the picture settings on our current LG does little to help - "Vivid" is just "vivid gloom"!
Any advice from A.commers experience welcome....
Lastly, is there a link to a site telling me how to tweak the settings on a Samsung to permit UK channels, with DNS of course?
A major outlay on our budget, so do not want to go down the wrong road....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Peter, first and foremost which ever Smart TV you get it will be dependant on it's source input, a 55" 4K top of the range Samsung-LG-Sony etc will deliver a dreadful viewing experience if showing a 480p Filmon stream, but will deliver a magnificent picture if outputting a 4K Netflix stream. In other words your internet connection and speeds are very important factors as to what you can expect from the TV.
Dependant on the TV there are online hacks available to change the Apps to the U.K. obviously different procedures for the different brands.
The sound on 55" is much better than smaller models however I personally would suggest a matching soundbar to enhance the soundtrack.
In summary your internet speed is key as to what you can expect from any smart tv. unless you want to risk the satellite route at this late stage

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:27 pm

One thing which is better than my previous ISP in Comares is the connection....most of the time it is 6-7Mbps download and 1.5 upload.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:35 pm

peteroldracer wrote:One thing which is better than my previous ISP in Comares is the connection....most of the time it is 6-7Mbps download and 1.5 upload.
With that in mind a 4K TV would be pointless as at a minimum it needs 20+ Mbps unless your area is going to get fibre optic in the near future or you are intending to move to an area that does in the next few years. Your 6-7Mbps however is more than adequate for the normal HD and SD outputs from various apps such as BBCiPlayer, ITV hub etc.
4k TV only if you want to be more futureproof and/or intend to buy a 4k disc player and start buying 4k films and programmes.

https://www.worten.es/productos/tv/tele ... tv-5791585

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Looks good advice firsttango, thanks. Fibre optic is promised to be "on the way", and is already up and running in San Pedro del Pinatar, a handful of kilometers up the road, so might just happen.
Researching sets LG gets the best marks for sound, but is an unknown in terms of being able to sort the country settings.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Well if fibre is on the way then maybe look at a 4k but see if you can get a time frame as to when it can be expected before you commit to TV

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:16 pm

I have a LG smart TV, a fairly old model now.
Bought in Spain, Carrefour to be exact, just set it up as if I was living in the UK with UK post code etc. Use Smarty DNS and can use BBC iPlayer, NowTV, demand 5 and various other iptv apps without having to use any online hacks.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:19 pm

[quote="firsttango"] see if you can get a time frame[/ Quote]
I gave up believing in promises by Spanish businesses along with the Easter Bunny, Father Xmas and anything to do with gods a long time ago. :lolno:

Mike Lytt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mike Lytt » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:31 pm

gerryh wrote:I have a LG smart TV, a fairly old model now.
Bought in Spain, Carrefour to be exact, just set it up as if I was living in the UK with UK post code etc. Use Smarty DNS and can use BBC iPlayer, NowTV, demand 5 and various other iptv apps without having to use any online hacks.
Cheers
Gerry
New LG TV's won't allow this apparently,

http://help.unotelly.com/support/articl ... s-firmware

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:40 pm

peteroldracer wrote:
firsttango wrote: see if you can get a time frame[/ Quote]
I gave up believing in promises by Spanish businesses along with the Easter Bunny, Father Xmas and anything to do with gods a long time ago. :lolno:
All I can tell you is that in my instance Movistar were spot on and were actually within the time frame they quoted me.....keep a look in your area for the movistar workers doing the cabling in the street.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:11 pm

No movistar up here...Grupo Horadada seems the main player.