New Health Decree

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Paulinmalaga
Resident

New Health Decree

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Do these new Health Rules and Regulations have any effect on legally resident ex-pats? Be interested to know how people interpret them, and does anyone know how it effects if at all the “Convenio Especial”?

https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... rev=search
I So Bella tis you

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: New Health Decree

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm

In theory, it should replace the Convenio and also, if the UK do a No Deal Brexit and remove S1 pensioner cover it would also cover that.

There could, however, be a catch 22 situation with new Expats trying to register as residents. You have to be a resident to get the free cover, but at the moment you have to show private (or S1) healthcare to get residency. Having got permission to stay as a resident you won't need it!

Interesting times ahead and much confusion and misinformation on the way!

Sid

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Thanks Sid......yes much misinformation ahead but basically see it as you describe regarding the situation for "new" Expats. Wholly different for expats who are already legally resident here (possibly for 5 yrs or more? who knows at this stage) whatever their individual status is, whether it be retired, early retired etc.....will watch with interest as it unfolds over the coming weeks.
I So Bella tis you

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Makes no difference as under spanish law all legal residents are already entitled to free nhs healthcare but the INSS chose to discriminate.only covers illegal immigrants,cover thst the pp pulled a few years back

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:38 am

El Cid wrote:... if the UK do a No Deal Brexit and remove S1 pensioner cover it would also cover that.
Sid
My understanding is that the S1 Pensioner cover is a deal between the UK and Spain and nothing to do with the EU?
Hence Brexit should not affect the deal.
I believe the UK pays Spain €4700 a year for each S1 pensioner to Spain.
Would Spain really want to loose all that money?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:54 am

If it is not an EU deal, how come the S1 form starts off by listing all the EU regulations that apply to it?

When I asked the DoH in 2015 the figure was £274.11 per month.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:32 am

Seems that things are moving on. It appears those on the convieno especial will get free healthcare as the C.E is been scrapped. They are now waiting for the inss to implement the new decree for those with private healthcare. Articles on CAB spain.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:18 am

There are already reports that some on the Convenio in Andalucia have had their direct debit for cancelled and the last payment refunded.

They, just for once, seem to be on the ball. What happens to the requirement for healthcare within the registration procedure has not yet become clear.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:32 am

Yeah im surprised in a good way for once. I quite like this pedro bloke!!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:34 am

Are they valid reports? I would be worried that there could be a blip in cover whilst the new system is up and running. Perhaps they should check it out. It seems a little early.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:17 am

It was from a member on another forum. https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-7 ... nt-915821/

Sid

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:08 pm

It's also on the Citizens Advice Spain website. Andalucia is the first province where it is to be actioned.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it