Ryanair industrial action July

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Ryanair industrial action July

Postby katy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:37 pm

Well the heading is Industrial Action July. I don't know if BA have more industrial action or not, they don't at the moment. They do have blips yes but are quick to pay up. My Daughter was delayed when they had a computer problem, she was happy as only going to work. She applied online for 600 euro and it was in her bank account within days. According to the media this is not happening with Ryanair, nor did they pay up when the volcano ash grounded flights. If people want to get a cheap flight and take the risk that's fine but lets not pretend they are the worlds best. Thos people delayed 20 hours at malaga should have been found a hotel. BA does it.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:24 pm

And some of the recent cancellations were due to thunderstorms, and BA actually cancelled more of theirs at that time.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Alcala Barry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alcala Barry » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:25 pm

Costakid

Inagree with you, the price is relevant.
Also agree re BA, their disruption record is pretty poor.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Remind me how many passengers had their Ryanair flights cancelled last week...wasn't it more than 100,000. How many this week, how many holidays ruined. How many were rebooked on other flights especially at no extra cost. Answers on a postage stamp.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:24 pm

Do you have shares in BA. Over the years you have defended them a lot. BA are not the airline they were 20 years ago. They are up there own A==

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:44 pm

If you take time to read yet another Ryanair thread you will see I have criticised BA. What does up their own ass mean exactly? I could equally ask if all the defenders of Ryanair have shares in the company but I do try not to ask stupid questions. Any chance of answering my questions without any air rage?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:33 am

I will tell you what it means, BA are living in the past. They were great in the 70s 80s and into the 90s but now they are quite a poor airline. The staff treat the customers like dirt unless your in 1st or business. When you compare them to Qatar, Emirates and Singapore they are a long way behind.

And one thing for sure I am not stupid.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:59 am

More strikes planned for the 6th Aug . German Ryanair pilots association.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:50 am

and possibly Irish pilots on the 3rd of August.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:40 am

Anyone remember O Leary ranting in March that he would ground flights post Brexit. Perhaps he has decided to do it earlier.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am

I am just wondering if there is a reaction from the hotels, bars and restaurants against the strike in Spain Portugal etc.
These people need tourists turn around every couple of weeks....

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:50 pm

O'Leary can't be blamed for strikes. He would ban withdrawal of labour if he could

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Surely he is totally responsible for the appalling labour relations he has with his employees. They are striking because of the way he runs the company and that makes him totally responsible.

Sid

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:51 pm

I don’t think he has changed his attitude and management style since he started up.
Very little sympathy for anyone, they knew what they were signing up for.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Sid,
I have to say i do not agree with you on this one.
A few years ago there were all kind of deals being done with low-cost travel airlines and Ryanair basically got their way.
I do not agree or disagree as this is what happened.
I believe the principle in this problem is the lack of regulation in the first place so if the Ryanair model not needed 0'Leary will what he is good at adapting to whats there.
Aviation is a worldwide/European thing and to me if there was proper European rules in the first place these deals and employee contracts be correct from day 1.
Who is monitoring all of this??
The tourist thing will just adjust to market needs

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 pm

So you are blaming the EU for letting him get away with it. That’s just ridiculous. If he really wanted to give decent employment terms he is free to do so. But he does not want to so everyone has to put up with it. Other companies operating under the same rules manage to do it, why cannot he do it?

Customers can vote with their feet at no cost. The employees do not have that option without serious financial consequences.

The sooner the other shareholders get rid of him the better.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:51 am

El Cid wrote: Other companies operating under the same rules manage to do it, why cannot he do it?

Customers can vote with their feet at no cost. The employees do not have that option without serious financial consequences.

The sooner the other shareholders get rid of him the better.

Sid
Other companies operating under the same rules manage to do it, why cannot he do it? And how many other airlines have gone skint in recent years?

Customers can vote with their feet at no cost. The employees do not have that option without serious financial consequences. No one forces them to work for Ryanair. If its that good out there work for another airline. Try Monarch.

The sooner the other shareholders get rid of him the better. That will never happen while the company earns 100s of millions a year in profit and big bonuses for the shareholders.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:25 am

BA has had its fair share of industrial action with more to come. Also lots of strife on trains as well.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:28 am

Most of BA strikes have been called off at the last minute. When cabin crew went on strike last year only Heathrow was affected. It was minimal as some aircraft were charted in, others were combined.

I noticed on Twitter, think it was last week one day. passengers at Stanstead were tweeting that most Ryanair flights were cancelled and blaming the weather but the thunderstorms had been over for hours. Sunny blue skies and no other airline had cancellations.

Yes train services are appalling right now, due mainly to foreign owners milking the profits and Bolshi TUs but it doesn't make the Ryanair mess look better.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:59 am

I have never used this company and never will, *beep* customer service ethics, I am right alongside TorreDelAguila on this one !