Air Conditioning fitted

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerrynag
Resident

Air Conditioning fitted

Postby gerrynag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Can anyone recommend an air conditioning firm in the Velez Malaga/Comares area ? Need to get some quotes, for fitting it in several rooms. 8)

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: Air Conditioning fitted

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:14 pm

I am unable to recommend the outfit opposite the tram turn/Supersol in TdMar. :thumbdown:
Chris

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Why is that :?:

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Unbelievably bad service, and outright rudeness by the proprietor.
Chris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 am

Klimacentro in TDMar fitted ours. The Spanish owner is brilliant. Really nice staff but the big English guy who works there can be a bit brash. His name is Mark.
The service and price we had was great. We tried a couple of English companies and we were getting the guiri rate. Highly recommend Klimacentro.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:42 am

Few of our neighbours have them aswell

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:01 am

Have heard good things about them too. Helpful advice about servicing.
Chris

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks guys for that, they look pretty good. I assume that you have to buy the units from them and that you can't get them to fit units that you purchase yourself, as I was thinking of buying the units from somewhere like Bricomart and getting the aircon people to fit them.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Advantage of getting them to both supply and fit is that if anything misbehaves, you're not in the situation of anyone wriggling out of the responsibility to fix. Best to have just one outfit to tackle.
If there's a really serious price difference (on the same units), they might narrow it for you, if you ask.
Personally, I would not go for a "fit only" option.
Chris

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:07 pm

Yes, good point.
Btw, anyone got any recommendations for Air-Con makes. Someone who was in the business has suggested Daiken. They are not cheap, but meant to be very good.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:35 pm

We have Hitachi. Not the cheapest but good units.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Frans Bartel @ malagaclima, opposite Supersol car park near the old police station. We bought Panasonic inverters, and up here in Murcia are very happy with our LG units. Agree that supply and fit is best, and don’t go for cheap models. You are after all buying for ten years plus life.
Don’t buy from anyone who does not have showrooms.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:26 pm

TorreDelAguila wrote:I am unable to recommend the outfit opposite the tram turn/Supersol in TdMar. :thumbdown:
peteroldracer wrote:Frans Bartel @ malagaclima, opposite Supersol car park near the old police station. We bought Panasonic inverters, and up here in Murcia are very happy with our LG units. Agree that supply and fit is best, and don’t go for cheap models. You are after all buying for ten years plus life.
Don’t buy from anyone who does not have showrooms.
Looks like there is a difference of opinion on Malagaclima :!:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 am

I was told that aircon fitters will not usually fit shop bought ones as we looked into that. We have Fujitsu which we are really pleased with. Installed last autumn and we used them all winter for heating and very efficient (they are A++ rated). Our electricity bills were lower than when we used electric radiators and our summer bills so far haven't been any more than last year.They have a 'quiet' mode which is also very good.
We used Mark Rawlins trading as Esola based in Caleta. We have recommended him to two other friends in the area who were pleased with him. We have 2 units for our small living room and bedroom, 800€ and 850€

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:06 am

I bought four cheap Firstline units from Carrefour and fitted them myself about 12 years ago.
No problems with them.
The hardest part of fitting them was knocking holes through my 60 cm thick walls. One of the units had to have the pipework going through the corner where two walls met, this required a 1100 cm deep hole knocking through.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 am

Wicksey wrote:I was told that aircon fitters will not usually fit shop bought ones as we looked into that. We have Fujitsu which we are really pleased with. Installed last autumn and we used them all winter for heating and very efficient (they are A++ rated). Our electricity bills were lower than when we used electric radiators and our summer bills so far haven't been any more than last year.They have a 'quiet' mode which is also very good.
We also have Fujitsu and like you we have been very pleased with the performance and running costs. We bought last year from Comercio Gonzalez in Camino de Málaga, Vélez-Málaga. The salesman in the shop contacted the installer they use for us and arranged a date for fitting, and they turned up promptly (a father and son team, no English spoken) and did a good job.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:53 am

Another vote For Fujitsu.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Gerryh
Did you get your sums a bit wrong??
11 metres seems a bit extreme ;)

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Just testing to see if anybody was observant.
One zero too many, should be 110 cm i.e 1.1 Metres.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 pm

gerryh wrote:I bought four cheap Firstline units from Carrefour and fitted them myself about 12 years ago.
No problems with them.

Gerry

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that they shouldn't now be fitted by anyone not qualified to do so. Not sure if it has to do with the fact they are gassed or something :?: It must have been something I came across when researching them last autumn.

We use the bedroom one on the 'fan' setting only and have found that works quite well at producing a movement of air in the room. I find the aircon too cold to have on at night as the room is tiny and you get this arctic breeze which is just too much. It is good at initially cooling down the room and we do use the living room one most of the day at the moment, so very pleased with them (and the heating in the winter is so good too, something we hadn't really even thought about when having them installed).