Travelling around Malaga

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Travelling around Malaga

Postby anyroads » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 am

We shall be in Malaga for two days mid month.

Is it fair comment, that the metro system is presently just west of Maria Zambrano station, and that any journeys in the other direction are taxi, bus, or indeed walking. Our initial journey on arriving is towards, Paseo de Sancha. I am not sure if there is any "train" in that direction. I believe there may be a bus in that direction from "Salitre" which appears to be a different bus / coach station from the main bus station ?. I guess a "bonobus" ticket may be the best option price wise, even if we just use it for that journey, and the return journey a few days later.

anyroads

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travelling around Malaga

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:01 am

From the bus station near the port you can get the 160 which has 4 stops between the station and the east end of El Palo. Last stop before La Arana is outside El Tintero restaurant. It's a nice walk and easily doable for most people to walk to Paseo de Sancha. The bus is 1.70 or a 1.10 if you have the card. No trains or trams east of Malaga. If you let me know exactly how far you want to go East of Malaga I can help you.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Thanks costakid...

Looking on the map, we are quite near "Hotel California"..

anyroads

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Easy walk to Malaguetta area and port. 10 minutes max. If your only there for 2 days there is enough in that area.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Doing a bit more investigating...

Seems there is a bus from "Sailtre ( Jacinto Verdaguer ) to Paseo de Sancha ( escuela turismo ), which seems to cover 90% of the journey, with a walk either side.

Thanks costakid.

anyroads