Jet2 - Best Time to Book for October

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Jet2 - Best Time to Book for October

Postby Dunflittin68 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:19 am

I am looking to book 2 flights to Birmingham in October with Jet2 (hubby refuses to fly with Ryanair again! :roll: ) and wondered when the best time to book, or do they have flight sales? I signed up for their sales emails a few weeks ago but have received nothing, is it too early to book or receive sales emails and how often are they sent out ?

TIA

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Jet2 - Best Time to Book for October

Postby Wicksey » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:05 pm

If it is when the schools are on holiday then I would have thought as early as possible. Not sure if the sales airlines have are for all flights or just a selection of more unpopular times/destinations.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:20 pm

No I don't want to go at school holiday times, in fact I am open to anytime that month or just before (end of September) but would assume moving into September would be more expensive.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:32 pm

If you download the Kayak App you can enter a search with a facility to notify you as flight prices move up and down

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:55 pm

They probably will not post these details until 2 months before the dates you require, I suggest you go to their website and check the calendar !!

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Just booked less than an hour ago, a flight with them for late next week. One palaver was that Mrs Bass likes a meal, case and seat (so the 25% discount is handy) whereas I only need to park my bott. I tried to have two tabs running simultaneously to get her discount but avoid unnecessary grub + case for me, but it was wise to that trick. I had to start again, using Chrome for her booking and Opera for mine, to ensure seats together and 25% off for her. Yes, I will bother that much for a saving.

I would say (as I did) that it's worth checking Easyjet along with Jet2. Jet2 has got into the habit of letting Ryanair take all the flak, then implementing pretty much the same policy a few days later. Apart from a better (but getting pricier) inflight meal, Jet2 is no big improvement over EZY flights in my recent experience. EZY have a graph up to and including Oct, so it's a doddle to see that only Fri 18th is to be avoided right now. Jet2's site has "low fare finder" right up to Dec, showing the price for each day in Oct.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:46 pm

Oh, and I was/possibly still am signed up to Jet2's emails. There might have been one occasion when I got a useful discount code, but it's more often their holidays than their flights with the emails I got.

You could (as I just forgot to do) type "Jet2 promo code" into a search engine. There are sites that flag up promo codes for you name it.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:56 pm

Stevemul wrote:If you download the Kayak App you can enter a search with a facility to notify you as flight prices move up and down
I have registered with Kayak but prices don't seem to change, at least they haven't over the last 2 weeks.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:57 pm

1bassleft wrote:Just booked less than an hour ago, a flight with them for late next week. One palaver was that Mrs Bass likes a meal, case and seat (so the 25% discount is handy) whereas I only need to park my bott. I tried to have two tabs running simultaneously to get her discount but avoid unnecessary grub + case for me, but it was wise to that trick. I had to start again, using Chrome for her booking and Opera for mine, to ensure seats together and 25% off for her. Yes, I will bother that much for a saving.

I would say (as I did) that it's worth checking Easyjet along with Jet2. Jet2 has got into the habit of letting Ryanair take all the flak, then implementing pretty much the same policy a few days later. Apart from a better (but getting pricier) inflight meal, Jet2 is no big improvement over EZY flights in my recent experience. EZY have a graph up to and including Oct, so it's a doddle to see that only Fri 18th is to be avoided right now. Jet2's site has "low fare finder" right up to Dec, showing the price for each day in Oct.
I do go into Jet2.com occasionally but of course the prices jump the more you log into them :roll: The only cheaper ones seem to be the late evening ones but we want to arrive in daylight !

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:00 pm

1bassleft wrote:Oh, and I was/possibly still am signed up to Jet2's emails. There might have been one occasion when I got a useful discount code, but it's more often their holidays than their flights with the emails I got.

You could (as I just forgot to do) type "Jet2 promo code" into a search engine. There are sites that flag up promo codes for you name it.
Useful idea, just tried it but the deals were mainly on discount off golf luggage or winter bookings. I think I will just have to keep checking the flight discount sites such as Skyscanner and Kayak etc.to check if the prices move over the next couple of months.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:08 pm

I have registered with Kayak but prices don't seem to change, at least they haven't over the last 2 weeks.[/quote]

Then prices havn’t changed! The prices are live.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Also, Jet2 and Ezy push their prices up if you look, check something else, then go back to the first flight. It's a common (and nasty) trick. Close the window and start over. You'll find that the €65 that went up to €74 often goes back to €65 again if you leave the site and start over (or use a different browser). They do climb up if you're close to the date, but otherwise it's an algorithm-driven (and a poorly written one) device to make more money.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Stevemul wrote:If you download the Kayak App you can enter a search with a facility to notify you as flight prices move up and down
Skyscanner have the same facility.
Regards

Bob