Electric Fire

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Electric Fire

Postby alicia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 am

Hi,

I wonder if someone would be able to help me with their, I am sure, superior knowledge. I have just bought an electric fire from the UK and am waiting for it to be shipped over shortly. However, I suddenly realised that I wasn't 100 per cent sure if the fire would work over here in Spain (I know, I know,.......first flaw in the plan!!!). Anyway, I tried to google the query but didn´t really get easy clarification. The fire is 2 kw. I am assuming it will work over here just fine using an adapter. I did funnily enough see exactly the same fire for sale here in Spain but there was a cost difference of 200 Euros more, but not in my favour. So you can understand why I am partial to purchasing from the UK. Any simplified clarification would be greatly appreciated.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Electric Fire

Postby gerryh » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 am

Yes it will work here OK. Both the UK and Spain are , supposedly, on the same standard for electricity supply.
You can use and adaptor for the 13Amp plug or better still change the 13Amp plug for a Spanish plug.
If you really want to use an adaptor make sure it is a good quality one. Many of the Chinese bazaar ones are of very poor quality and sometimes fall apart when you unplug them.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:30 am

Totally agree with this and 100% do not buy a Chinese adaptor. They are cr+p

alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alicia » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi Gerry and Costakid,

Thank you soo much for your kind advice. I feel much better now. Just have to wait for it to come. Yes, you are both right about the chinese bazaar adapters. I will get a few good quality ones.

Thank you again. :thumbup:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi alicia,
Even the branded quality ones have" Temporary Use only" embossed on the Adapter.
OK to check the fire is working on arrival then get a Electrician to put a quality Spanish type plug on for permanent use.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Perhaps another thing to think about is your power supply - we in the campo are on very low amperage/wattage or whatever it is - basically if you put too many high-powered items on at the same time it will trip out ... 2 kw fire, plus kettle, plus fridge/freezer ...ploooffff
Just saying
Mrs Gasman

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Nice one MRS G,

" 2 kw fire, plus kettle,"................... on a 3.3Kw supply you will not get to the fridge/freezer before the " ...ploooffff"........ :)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.