AstralPool Heat B250-M been sitting for more than a year

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
IKnowNothing
Tourist

AstralPool Heat B250-M been sitting for more than a year

Postby IKnowNothing » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:15 am

Hi there,

bought a house 30 min north of Malaga, poorly maintained for the past 16 months. Pool 8x4m has been sitting empty for more than a year, and so has the pool heater. No documentation but it seems to be an AstralPool Heat B250-M. 230v so one-phase connection. Unsure if it has been winterized properly. Pool heater is 3-5 years old, I guess.

Need help starting the pool up and also checking if the pool heater still works. Have some plans to see if it can also be used to heat a spa in a not too distant future. Realize the spa option will require some additional Astralpool parts.

Any recommendations? I need a beginners on-site intro to pools in general, and the heater in particular, as well as help filling the pool up with water, checking filter systems etc etc. Boy am I a newbie :-)

Cheers!

vinuela vinny
Resident

Re: AstralPool Heat B250-M been sitting for more than a year

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:16 pm

Hope that this is allowed?

I would recommend Ken Walker - [email protected] - Pool Safety Spain, Calle Alozaina 14, Alhaurín el Grande, Málaga 29190 - whom we have found always very helpful with good advice. We hear that he has an excellent reputation and not only provides a comprehensive pool service, but also trains owners to manage their own pools

We have no connection whatsoever and indeed have never used him, other than visiting his shop very occasionally.......

Hope this helps.....

IKnowNothing
Tourist

Postby IKnowNothing » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi, vinuela vinny (cool nick, BTW), and thanks for the tip. Sounds as he might be just what I'm looking for. Sure hope you don't get in trouble with forum administrators for violating any rules or so, especially since the info was just what I asked for. Surely this must be OK? Anyway, Thanks! :-)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:55 pm

No problem with recommendations.

The rule says:-

You agree not to post messages that advertise commercial products or services or Internet Web sites. Specific personal recommendations in response to requests are acceptable if we consider them to be genuine, but only from well-established members.

Sid

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:59 pm

phew......

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:13 pm

I would get a professional in to get it up and running. After that you can do it yourself.

IKnowNothing
Tourist

Postby IKnowNothing » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:39 pm

Yes, that's what I'm planning to do. Thanks.