theta healing - help/advice badly needed!

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

theta healing - help/advice badly needed!

Postby gavilan » Sun May 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Has anyone any knowledge or personal experience of this 'theta healing' ? ... I ask because a close friend of mine had a first session of this 3 days ago ... his motive was that he wanted to be able to like himself more. ... he came back from that experience hyper ... he has always talked a lot but this time he was really high ... almost like he couldn't stop talking ... and he was talking so fast ... much faster than 'normal' ... it seemed like he found everyting so exciting. he had to tell me all the details, absolutely everything .. and this has gone on for 2.5 days ... slightly 'better' today (day 3 post session) ... but I am really tired from trying to listen and be supportive to him ... ?is his reaction to that so-called 'healing' to be expected or is he reacting abnormally?
I dont know whether to just continue listening or say he has really 'gone over the top' ... and that I cannot manage much more!!!

What I do feel strongly is that whatever this theta healing does, whoever is personally close to the client/patient needs to be told what to expect post session ...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: theta healing - help/advice badly needed!

Postby katy » Sun May 26, 2019 9:36 pm

I would think that anyone going on a course to like themselves more has underlying issues, or is this a joke?

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun May 26, 2019 10:28 pm

Can you contact the healer & ask them about post treatment behaviour ?

I googled 'theta healing' & there's quite a bit on there - I didn't read them all so I don't know if any of them will answer your question, but it seems that it is based on changing various wave patterns in the brain, so I suppose his behaviour could be as a result of his treatment.
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:42 am

katy wrote:I would think that anyone going on a course to like themselves more has underlying issues, or is this a joke?
Sounds like depression...low self esteem etc...however it sounds like whatever this treatment is has put him on a high and his behaviour sounds similar to a manic depressive, they talk fast when they are elated! Of course there is the opposite end to the highs and for the person going through it...not nice!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon May 27, 2019 11:51 am

Perhaps not the appropriate forum to ask then. Must be lots of mental health fora out there.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Mon May 27, 2019 3:12 pm

chrissiehope wrote: 'Can you contact the healer & ask them about post treatment behaviour ?' ... this sounds like a good suggestion ... my only concern was re client/therapist confidentiality ... but I will give it a go ... if I get no helpful guidance ... then will follow up katy's suggestion re mental health forum ...
and thanks to all for your responses/comments ...

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon May 27, 2019 10:16 pm

You wouldn't be asking about a client in particular, just general guidance as to potential aftereffects, so I don't see why the therapist wouldn't be able to help.
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)