Champions and Europa League finals

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Champions and Europa League finals

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 29, 2019 1:42 pm

I have read that you can live stream these finals for free on the BT Youtube channel (http://sport.bt.com/final). Although they are obviously not up and running yet as live streams, when we try to look at certain BT pages on our TV it says that it's not available 'in your country'. The router is set up with a DNS so we can watch all the terrestrial UK TV without any problems so why is it that we sometimes get that message? Until it actually starts we're not sure what will work. Unfortunately for my OH I am out tonight and I tend to be a bit more expert in finding my way around our set-up here :lolno:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Champions and Europa League finals

Postby markwilding » Fri May 31, 2019 11:32 am

I hope you both got to see the match on Wednesday. A couple of year ago I watch a final this way. I've tried since but neither my DNS nor my VPN is able to bypass the restrictions.

last year I subscribed to Bein Sports but the coverage has moved to Movistar.

I watched the first half of Europa cup final in a bar and the second using my Fire TV through a sideloaded App in decent HD quality and absolutely no buffering. This is also how I expect to watch the CL final too so unless you don't mind a trip down to your local bar, you will need to stream it using a laptop, Fire TV or Android box.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful. Maybe someone will post a way to get around the BT restrictions by Saturday evening.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 31, 2019 1:45 pm

I got home in time to faff around and eventually found that by using an old Browsec VPN extension on Chrome I did manage to get the BT Sport's coverage to work via the PC. The picture quality wasn't brilliant but it did work.

I still cannot understand how the DNS in the router works Ok for UK TV catch-up but won't let us watch the Youtube or BT Sports coverage. I was going to set up the SmartDNSProxy VPN on Chrome but their instructions on how to do it don't match what I have on my Chrome so it looks like we'll have to have a blurry final tomorrow night via Browsec. As my OH is a Spurs fan this is the one he really doesn't want to miss!

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri May 31, 2019 4:06 pm

I was in Liverpool the other day and was amazed to see that many of the big sports pubs are charging entrance fees for the game :wtf:
Up the road here in Southport, the annual food festival is on this weekend, and there's a big beer tent with live bands and then the match on a huge screen. As a life long Spurs fan from "down souf", it's not really the £25 admission fee though that puts me off :shh: I think I'll just watch at home on my own - you know, just in case we accidentally win :lol:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 31, 2019 4:41 pm

Miro wrote: As a life long Spurs fan from "down souf", it's not really the £25 admission fee though that puts me off :shh: I think I'll just watch at home on my own - you know, just in case we accidentally win :lol:
We can only hope!

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri May 31, 2019 5:38 pm

Wicksey wrote:I got home in time to faff around and eventually found that by using an old Browsec VPN extension on Chrome I did manage to get the BT Sport's coverage to work via the PC. The picture quality wasn't brilliant but it did work.

I still cannot understand how the DNS in the router works Ok for UK TV catch-up but won't let us watch the Youtube or BT Sports coverage. I was going to set up the SmartDNSProxy VPN on Chrome but their instructions on how to do it don't match what I have on my Chrome so it looks like we'll have to have a blurry final tomorrow night via Browsec. As my OH is a Spurs fan this is the one he really doesn't want to miss!
I suspect that BT/yputube isnt a service thats been configured to work with smartdnsproxy redirection. They usually respond quickly so drop them a query on their facebook page.

For their vpn download the windows or android app. Dead easy to set up.
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri May 31, 2019 5:54 pm

It's on Movistar+ TV in 4K UHD. I am not a football fan, but I will watch it as my recent change to Movistar gave me 4 free months of football - this will be the only time I will have used it - and that's only to see what sport in 4K is like!

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:02 am

I've done the Smart Windows app now which I think is working. I shall see what happens tonight!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:14 pm

Watching on YouTube using Browsec VPN with my I pad plugged in to the TV.

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Watching Spurs v Liverpool on BT Sports via Mobdro :thumbup:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:08 am

I have Modro on the Fire TV but for football it's never an option for football due to its poor quality. Live Net TV is better because it gives more streaming options so a little trial and error throws up HD quality streams. Once you get to know which channels to choose, it becomes much quicker.

The YouTube stream yesterday was also extremely good. Even though it was in Full HD quality, the fact that it was filmed using 4K cameras showed and might be an good alternative for next season because I believe they also offer matches in both the group and knock out phases.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Using the SmartDNS VPN he managed to watch on Youtube via the PC (I have a 22" HDTV as a monitor) with reasonable quality although it did buffer a couple of times ..... unfortunately not a good result for my OH!

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Could've watched on 5HD, the quality of the game itself was appalling. Very disappointing for a cup final. The only highlight was the tart invading the pitch!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Miro - It may have the highlight for you and other Spurs fans!