Cooperative living for older people

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cooperative living for older people

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Glad to see things are moving along nicely :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:41 am

Thank you Chrissie, wAnt to join us?!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:07 pm

I don't live in Spain, so probably not ;-) - great idea tho :-)

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:30 am

We are realise that we need to have a Facebook presence inSpaish and English, possibly French too. Any expertos out there who could advise us ..or at least stop us making fatal mistakes! We have set up a FB account but Nothing else so far.do you think it is worth it?

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Una Vida Buena will be having a get together on Saturday 29th September at 12. Noon at Cafe bar El Kiosco, Calle Costa Templada, Velilla/ Taramay. It will be a chance to meet up with our Spanish and international members informally and to catch up with the latest news on our association. Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like more information, but it would be great to know any new potential members

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:10 pm

There will be another visit to the complex we are hoping to buy on Friday 26 October at 3pm. Please contact us at [email protected]. There will be English Spanish German and Swiss members to talk to. We have the latest newsletter to send out also.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:14 pm

i wish you luck. Let us know how it goes

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:31 pm

We are having another get together/ training session on 1st December 2018 at 11.30 at Arrayanes Hotel Paseo Cotobro, Almuñecar. We will be talking about our plans and progress but we will be learning to how to communicate in an international group and involve members and other interested people . We will be talking about what we can contribute to the process, and begin to discuss decision making and participation. We will be having lunch afterwards All welcome, but please let us know if you want to join in on [email protected] so we get an idea of numbers!

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Thu May 09, 2019 5:29 pm

La Associacion Una Vida Buena, sede en Almuñécar invita a toda la gente interesada a una jornada sobre el tema de CoHousing o Covivienda. Tiene lugar en el día sábado 18 mayo 2019 en el Hotel Arrayanes, Paseo de Cotobro, Almuñécar a las 10.30.

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Thu May 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Al though the get together on 18 th May will be in Spanish, we hope to have a translator helping us out.

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:41 am

Interesting that 3 years on this post has had 26 k views. I would be curious to know why this is so popular ,, but also why general interest has not yet translated into more members. If anyone would like to comment, that would be great.
The Association is having its annual general assembly on Saturday 13 july at 11.30. At the Arrayanes Hotel, Cotobro, Almuñécar.
We hope to establish new working groups .
Our website at unavidabuenasite.wordpress.com can tell you more about our project. You can also complete a small survey there.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:17 pm

I think your location might put some off - Almuñecar isn't so handy for many..

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:11 pm

The 840 euros a year to become a member is out of our reach. Interesting idea though, I do have a look at your website from time to time. .

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:17 pm

Hola

I realise that you need committed people but without an actual home for all people it is difficult to justify more than 50 euros a year. I could afford to lose 50€ but 840€ is really a leap in the dark.

I attended a meeting which I described as shambolic; it started an hour after the stated time while what appeared to be a major argument took place. I felt the organisational abilities and the lack of a clear leader to run the show put me off.

A co-operative is still appealing to me and while I wish Buena Vida well - I would like to see it succeed.

Davexf

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:44 pm

Cooperative living appeals to me, too, Dave. The older I get, the more I worry about the future. I might be like my dad and stay fit and active when I'm 90..... or I might need some help.

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:53 pm

Thank you for your feedback everyone. It does help us to know what we are doing ok and what we are not. I would like to point out that the idea of a coop is that we all work together towards the same goal...it is not for one or two people to decide and do all the work, and the process, while slow, will reap rewards in the end. Because we are an international group we have differing ways of talking, working and managing meetings. The aim of the particular meeting attended by Dave was to show how consensus could be reached, which we did. People have strong opinions and certainly express them! Sure , it's not an easy process but any suggestions welcome....

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:07 am

Latest News on Una Vida Buena. This is an exciting time as we have now looked into the options available to us in Almupecar. We will be discussing this at our next meeting/ get together and lunch on 10th November. 10.30 am at Hotel Arrayanes, Paseo de Cotobro. Please let us know by email if you would like to come [email protected]. The meeting is now mainly in Spanish to reflect the membership but there will be content in English if needed.
We are interested in new members committed to the idea of cohousing for older people and welcome those who enjoy being part of the process to make it happen .