Local bank closing ... how do I?!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Local bank closing ... how do I?!

Postby bobdun » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:22 pm

Was your local branch where your account was held? or just that you used it for payments. When cajamar closed our village bank all accounts that were held at that branch were simply transferred to nearby branch or branch of account holders choice. I used it but it wasn't my as account branch so didn't affect me

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:18 pm

bobdun: yes my account was held at my local branch ... as yet I have had no info re choice of what might happen to my account ... am hoping to find that out when I visit there this coming week

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Good luck but my guess is they will transfer the whole account as is to nearby branch.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:42 pm

btw ... someone suggested I go onto the bank website and see if there any avisos about this closure ... hadnt thought of that ... but no. ansolutely no info at all ...

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:51 pm

so um.. how did you get on ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Dominic Lopecas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dominic Lopecas » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:07 am

Don't worry about Unicaja Bank closures. BE SMART; Do what I did, get yourself a BBVA internet account, BBVA will not charge you any thing and you can have access at your money any day and time a BBVA cash machines and pay all your direct debits: IBI, water, car tax, insurance and so on

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:17 am

sorry for my lack of response to spanish_lad and others ... we had a sudden and unusual heat spike last week ... 39 each day and no breeze ... horrendous ... not used to that and it 'knocked me for six' ... now back to our more normal 33ish ... so ... it transpires that I had misunderstood the Spanish use of the verb 'permanecer' on the bank notice re closing 26 July ... it meant only for that day/all day ... not permanently ... however methinks 'the writing is on the wall' eg there used to be 2 members of staff there, now reduced to only one ... also opening hours reduced to 9-12 (with a 20 minute coffee break) and when I went to pay the IBI bill yesterday, I was told now I can only do that between Tuesday-Thursday ... so I am thinking that the bank will close sooner or later and I need 'to get my act together' and look intp internet banking/BBVA etc ... meanwhile thanks for all your comments and help ...

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Dominic Lopecas wrote:Don't worry about Unicaja Bank closures. BE SMART; Do what I did, get yourself a BBVA internet account, BBVA will not charge you any thing and you can have access at your money any day and time a BBVA cash machines and pay all your direct debits: IBI, water, car tax, insurance and so on
Where can we get BBVA card?
this may be good option for me...

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:54 pm

gavilan wrote:sorry for my lack of response to spanish_lad and others ... we had a sudden and unusual heat spike last week ... 39 each day and no breeze ... horrendous ... not used to that and it 'knocked me for six' ... now back to our more normal 33ish ... so ... it transpires that I had misunderstood the Spanish use of the verb 'permanecer' on the bank notice re closing 26 July ... it meant only for that day/all day ... not permanently ... however methinks 'the writing is on the wall' eg there used to be 2 members of staff there, now reduced to only one ... also opening hours reduced to 9-12 (with a 20 minute coffee break) and when I went to pay the IBI bill yesterday, I was told now I can only do that between Tuesday-Thursday ... so I am thinking that the bank will close sooner or later and I need 'to get my act together' and look intp internet banking/BBVA etc ... meanwhile thanks for all your comments and help ...
Just so you know its not tue, wed and thur, it is tue or thur.
There is one bank i know who will only take electric between 08.30 and 10.30.
The tue/thur rule applies to government bills but i not know if time restriction.
Just last week i went to pay water on wed, the lady said she could not accept,
i did not mind as i would just have to pay late payment, i had explained that i was
taking a flight the fallowing day.
As i was leaving i was called back and she accepted the payment.
She was very nice about and i suspect she was told it was ok as i was leaving.
I suspect what is happening here is your bank has a duty to make it possible for all
account holders(including you) to pay utility bills.
I am of the opinion the bank cannot close so just fallow their rules and you be ok.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:08 pm

gavilan wrote:sorry for my lack of response to spanish_lad and others ... we had a sudden and unusual heat spike last week ... 39 each day and no breeze ... horrendous ... not used to that and it 'knocked me for six' ... now back to our more normal 33ish ... so ... it transpires that I had misunderstood the Spanish use of the verb 'permanecer' on the bank notice re closing 26 July ... it meant only for that day/all day ... not permanently ... however methinks 'the writing is on the wall' eg there used to be 2 members of staff there, now reduced to only one ... also opening hours reduced to 9-12 (with a 20 minute coffee break) and when I went to pay the IBI bill yesterday, I was told now I can only do that between Tuesday-Thursday ... so I am thinking that the bank will close sooner or later and I need 'to get my act together' and look intp internet banking/BBVA etc ... meanwhile thanks for all your comments and help ...
No problem, i was just curious :lol: yes its been up to 43 here at the airport, and upto 55 inside the cars. Sitting on leather seats in shorts is not fun.

I would recomend getting internet banking, I´m with cajasur - i can do 99% of things on their App, and if theres the odd thing that they havent updated yet, i log into the website, but still on my phone.

ALOT of things are only open till 1400 or 1500 in August - and ALOT of things dont open at all the 15th onwards because of Malaga Feria... The ITV centre is open half days, the mechanic and paint shop is closed from the 15th...

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:48 pm

There is more than 1 Unicaja in Velez. You can also pay at the Correos as well

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:50 am

in Alhaurin in the BBVA they have a second machine thats not a cash point, its especially for paying bills.. and you can pay in coins too - only the odd change but its a good idea. It takes a while to go through (i think 3 or 4 days) so you cant leave it till the last day to pay (who does that :hahano: )

isnt there anything like that around?

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm

thanks for your comment spanish lad ... my local bank (what is left of it) has only one ATM ... and that is old, cranky and creaky ... not even a touch screen! and to Evelyn: yes I know there are Unicaja banks in Velez but they are always very busy ... same with correos ...

ps black comedy moment last week ... had been told I could only pay IBI bills on a Tuesday or Thursday ... so, went up on Tuesday around 11.30 ... only to be told I had to pay such bills before 11am ... I finally (3rd attempt) made it on Thursday BEFORE said witching hour!!!

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:55 am

you should read the posts, i said a few weeks ago it was tue/thur 08.30-1030...

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:51 am

sorry wollie

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:14 pm

no need be sorry, i am a sarcastic effer...