staying in Malaga city

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
solar7
Tourist

staying in Malaga city

Postby solar7 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 am

Hello folks
I am staying in Malaga city 16-25th October. I need to identify the area to suit me, can you suggest some please? I will be looking to rent self catering accomodation.
A reasonably quiet area, within 10-15 minutes walk to the beach and a beach that is not completely over run with tourists, I do not mind if its busy, and with a few facilities like cafe/bars. A beach that locals use with families maybe....

I am happy to be a 20 minute bus ride from the centre of the city, so I need to stay where there will be a bus within walking distance that run's regularly back into the city.

A few shops or supermarket within walking distance. What would you suggest?

Also what can people tell me about El Palo, Pedregalejoe and Pelusilla areas?

Just out of interest does anyone know of any holiday apartments or any type of accommodation that has a piano or an electric piano? Or a rehearsal or music studio that I can use by the hour for piano? I would be very interested
Thank you

Neil

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: staying in Malaga city

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:25 am

I think east of the city would suit you best. I suggest Rincon or La Cala Del Moral as they have a bus service every 20 minutes to the city for 1.70 euro.
El Palo is walking distance (45 minutes) but or also well connected with bus service. All these 3 locations are on the beach and have a good selection of restaurants.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:51 pm

I enjoyed Pedrogalejo, very quaint seaside resort. But we found it quite expensive down by the beach and at restaurants.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:25 pm

I really like la cala. Lovely unspoilt front and a nice walk around to rincon.. a short bus ride into malaga city. Whethers theres many rents available though is another issue

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:45 am

Pedrogalejo is more expensive than El Palo as a lot of international bars frequented by overseas language students.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Ah, thanks Costakid. Did see lots of oversees students. Also what appeared to be very well=heeled young people at weekends partying

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:55 am

Although Pedrogalejo and El Palo are joined they are actually like 2 different areas but both nice. Some parts of El Palo are a bit rough though.