Samsung TV issue

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
telboy
Resident

Samsung TV issue

Postby telboy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:51 am

One issue I have found with my Samsung Smart TV (3 years old) I've set up remote control > menu > broadcasting > audio options > audio language

My set up is
Audio Language - Default Language
Primary Audio - English
Secondary Audio - English

Despite default channels being in English/French/German etc they are still appearing in Spanish, and so need to access > tools > on the remote control to change from Spanish to Default Language each time and still need to do this if I flick to another channel then back again.

Any advice

also - I've read in expat rags that it is necessary to re-tune your TV due to something to do with the new 5G coverage. Is this fact :?:

terry :thumbup:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Samsung TV issue

Postby markwilding » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:12 am

Hi,
I'm not exactly clear what you are asking but I get the impression that you believe that if you set your TV to English, you will receive English channels.
This is not possible in Spain. However, many members have reset the settings to have access to the UK apps, allowing you to watch the BBC and ITV channels as well as Sky through NOW TV and access to channel 4 & 5 catch up services.

As far as I'm aware 5G has nothing to do with TVs because 5G is for mobile devices and Smart TV have WiFi access. Even then, Only the very latest Mobile gadgets will have 5G capabilities.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:37 pm

Only a handful of channels (Disney, and Dmax i think), use the word English for their second language stream, so on those channels what you are doing should work.
But for all the others, which do not use the word English, but things like MUL, VO, Dos, QAA, you have to set them manually, since these options ar not in the audio language list.

Whn 5g does roll out, some channels in the higher bands, may have to move around to make room.
Just he same when the 4g services started, and the tv frequency range from channel 60 to 69 was cleared of TV channels to make room for these extra 4g signals...
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:52 pm

markwilding - The language for my TV is set to English that's the base language for the TV operation, I wasn't expecting to get British channels but just on those Spanish channels that show programmes/films originally recorded in English for the dialogue to come in in the original language, I'm talking about the TV's language capabilities and not receiving British TV.

DTT TVs will need to be re re-tuned as the current frequencies will be used by 5G super-fast mobiles, apparently switching over started on September 18th but during this transition period television channels will be broadcast simultaneously on the old and new frequencies for up to 4 and 6 months.

satandpcguy - Thanks that all makes sense and answers my query.
When you mentioned channel frequencies changed to make room for the launching of 4G probably explains why at about that time I lost Spanish channels LA1 and La2 and one or two others.

cheers guys :thumbup:

terry

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:14 pm

The default soundtrack is always Spanish.

Quite a few channels including TVE1 and 2 A3 and La sexta have the option. If you change it on an individual channel. that channel might remember the new settings but it is more likely that you will need to change the settings every time you want to watch something in English