IPTV disappearing

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

IPTV disappearing

Postby fyfin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:45 pm

Looks like some of us have lost our IPTV here in Spain as a result of the raids in various countries. I'm sure it'll soon resurface.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

pensure1988
Resident

Re: IPTV disappearing

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Yes, i hear a lot of people complaining today in Spain. This could not have come at a worse time as today is the start of RWC in Japan. My friend missed the opening ceremony because these idiots. My Enterntainment as well as other will be severely curtailed ,if we unable watch International TV & Sport

David

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:31 pm

I'm not sure who you are describing as idiots.

Would that be the suppliers, the people closing them down or the users?

Sid

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi Sid

Sorry, my terminology was a bit harsh. Should have said inconsiderate people or supplietrs closing them sown.

David

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:33 pm

The Users are the idiots . Certainly not the "criminals" flogging these dodgy IPTV packages and pocketing the money and not the authorities which are having a purge and closing them down

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:38 pm

Not to mention the subscriptions they have already taken and obviously will not be refunding.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:52 pm

pensure1988 wrote:Hi Sid

Sorry, my terminology was a bit harsh. Should have said inconsiderate people or supplietrs closing them sown.

David
I think you have lost the plot on this. Closing down a clearly illegal system is hardly inconsiderate to the companies that own the rights to the original content and are losing revenue due to these illegal activities.

Why would suppliers close down the streams? They are the ones who really suffer as they are losing access to their illegal income.

In case someone brings up the “illegal” use of the l907 satellite, that only provides UK PSB channels where no revenue loss is at stake. 90% of users of the illegal streams are looking for Sky Sports channels where the lost subscription money is huge. Don’t for a minute think that this is a “Spanish” problem because Sky reception is difficult. There are a huge number of the streaming boxes used in the UK to avoid paying for Sky.

Sid

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:01 pm

Yes, of course they're all illegal. Let's face it, you're getting all the Sky Sports, BT Sports etc etc for a fraction of the real price so we know they'll be trying to close them down. For some here it's the way they watch the Freeview channels as well although there are other ways using vpn or smart dns and then iPlayer, ITV Hub etc. Now, I wonder if that is strictly legal as well.
I have a 1.9mtr dish so can use a Humax to watch and record with a dual lnb. I will admit though that for the last 6 months I have been watching channels via the internet IPTV and paid a year in advance (only £20 though)
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 am

its back on this morning. The closure effected 6 million people apparently. I guess this is why the likes of Sky are spending millions to counteract the scammers.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:03 am

It is not illegal to watch geo blocked content, It's against the terms and conditions of the company,

I've always been against paying for content which is free, especially when you take into account that the Fire stick has TV Player, a decent Freeview service anyway so it's not necessary to watch this content through the dedicated apps. The Sky and BT stuff along with other channels that broadcast in English can be found quite easily without having to pay for it and watched on most IPTV boxes, The exception Is NOW TV.

TV viewing habits in the UK have changed anyway and it's only the stubborn diehards, who want to be a slave to the TV schedules, that want to pay for these services.

You could legally subscribe to Sky and watch through NOW TV but that would cost well over 50 Euros per month. However, If you want F1 and cricket, you might think it's worth it. Or pay for Netflix and DAZN to be able to watch EPL and plenty of other sports through a Spanish service for under 20 euros.

Another option is if you have a family member or really good friend who will allow you to use one of their 5 Sky Go slots. This gives you everything except the BBC channels and doesn't require a VPN or the like as long as the service is being used in the UK regularly.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:09 am

Markwilding - that is interesting re Sky. My Granddaughter in UK has just taken out a Sky contract but I don't know exactly what she has or indeed how it works. I know some people over here used to use a multi room subscription which was quite cheap and as I have a dish I suppose that would be an option. I don't know if they have to have subscribed to Sky Go but I'll check that out now.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:56 pm

If you knew the sort of people who are cracking the code to enable you to use these TV channels, you wouldn't bother.
They are criminals of the same type who write ransomware, bots to send spam emails from websites, and hackers who will gladly use your details to make money for themselves.
If you don't like not getting UK TV in Spain, do what I did - do something else to amuse yourself, watch Spanish TV, or return to the UK.
Do not encourage these nasty criminals by giving them funding.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:14 pm

White Horse - I don't think there's any cracking codes involved. It's simply streaming which is fairly simple to do I believe. It can be done on YouTube for example.
There was a time not so long ago when they had a program to crack the code of Sky transmissions and so you still used your dish, but had to have an internet link. Sky fixed that loophole by changing the programming so many people lost money, as indeed they have this time.
No hacking involved, and I think it's a bit harsh to say go back to UK or watch Spanish TV. I'm guessing there are many people who think they are doing something quite legitimate as they pay quite a large monthly fee, my friends included who were shocked when I told them it was illegal.
For your information I seldom watch any TV but I love to get involved with technology and so was curious to check out IPTV, actually using an android box and an IPTV emulator app stb emu . The crooks didn't get rich on me as I paid £20 for an annual subscription.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Spending the past few weeks in the uk has caused some serious thought: the food cost is way lower (though alcohol is at least double), and the amazing and fully legal Freeview with loads of channels and catchup is a revelation to us having gone through all the jumping through hoops to get some British tele over the past 15 years.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:14 am

Petrolracer, so true! My wife has just come back from a visit, the first in 6 years and found exactly the same. Still prefer it here.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:45 am

It was very exiting being able to use a t.v remote to change channels in a sec while over in the uk a few years back. So we just got intel instead of having to use a mouse etc for iptv.. dont find the freeview/sky channels of any use so quite happy with the box standard ones.

You find meat cheaper peter? As thats the one thing we found way cheaper here than in the uk. Uk is good for bbogoff deals but its false economy in most cases

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:13 am

Asda tinned soups @45p/tin, meat that tastes of meat (we find spanish pork & chicken excellent but beef and lamb tasteless) all the meal-deal offers...Asda own-brand Weetabix copy at £1.15 for 24 vs Weetabix in Mercadona 2.65 Euros.....milk way cheaper (£1.09 for 4 pints/2,2litres), we get an excellent carvery locally for £6.99 on a Sunday....just the drink cost lets it down, though an M&S meal deal for £12 for a chicken to cook, 2 sides, dessert and a bottle of red?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:28 am

You lost me at "Asda tinned soups @45p/tin" think I'll stick with a cerveca and a nice fresh tapas in the sun with a chunk of fresh bread for €1.60
I So Bella tis you

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:37 am

Back on topic please.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:35 pm

I don't believe that my viewing habits would be much different were I living in the UK. Zapping and watching TV depending on the schedules is on the way out. Viewing figures bear this out.

All the gadgets advocated by members, and the way they are used, are for the UK market.