malagacarhire.com

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
wollie
Resident

malagacarhire.com

Postby wollie » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:53 am

I had an incident on Monday and i ask opinion here as it's difficult for me to be objective and i appreciate opinion/advise. I have contacted company and i am waiting reply from the Manager.
Because i forgot my car keys that i had left at my departure Airport i had to return and get same. The result being i arrived at car drop at around 07.15 for a flight that was due to leave at 08.00. I explained to the guy and asked if someone could drop me at the Airport with the car i had returned as the Airport about 0.5km away, he suggested i call a taxi, i did not see any point in this as i think the shuttle bus be as quick as waiting for a taxi to arrive and take me to the Airport. I had one such incident in the past about 5 years ago and the guy brought me to the Airport. I ended up waiting for the bus at least 15 mins.
When i got to security the Airport was quiet so straight through security, when i arrived at the gate they were just closing the door of the plane door and the people said a couple of mins late, she even called the plane to check.
The result of the whole episode is i had to buy a new flight to a different Airport and get 3 separate buses to my original departure, i arrived at my destination at around 18.00 and if i had got original flight it arrive at 10.00.
Just to add i have being using this company for years (50 times approx)

What's opinion here.
Many thanks.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: malagacarhire.com

Postby elusive » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:40 am

I guess they could have been nice and done you a favour. But at the end of the day they didnt have to as delay was caused by a mistake on your part. Crap customer service.imo

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:48 pm

They didn't have to help you but if they had an ounce of compassion they would have. I would never use them again if I was you. What is wrong with people these days? 5 minutes of the guys time to secure your business for life.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:30 pm

That's bad luck for you. Perhaps the manager will offer a reason why you couldn't be taken, maybe they were short of staff?

I know the place we use for airport parking seems to only have one member of staff on duty these days, and they shut the office when taking people to the airport. My OH left his manbag in our car which we realised when we got partly through security and it took forever for them to come and get him (rather than just bring his bag from the car they collected him, took him back to the parking area and then brought him back .... I thought he was never going to come back in time!) It would have been nice if they could have just dropped you off at the airport but you'll have to see what they say in their response.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 pm

There was loads of staff as i asked a few years ago and i was told then they had 5000 cars and they are busier now.
I should have made a bigger fuss and asked to see manager, the guy i was dealing with was indifferent.
Basically told me i should have being earlier as if i didn't know that already.
I told them in email i will make official complaint when next over.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:57 pm

I doubt that will get anywhere with a complaint. You were late and that was your fault, whatever the circumstances that caused it. You would be better off trying to get a response from the customer service department by just saying you were disappointed with the way they handled it and that you were expecting a more sympathetic response.

Or, you could write it off as a one off experience and next time make sure you have everything you need before you leave.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:21 pm

El Cid wrote:
Or, you could write it off as a one off experience and next time make sure you have everything you need before you leave.

Sid
Thats a bit harsh Cid. Have you never forgotten something. I personally would never use them again.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Most people would make a checklist of what they needed if they were going away on a trip.

If you forget your passport would you expect the consulate to deliver a new one for you by taxi?

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:10 pm

Well the two are completely different, one is a guy asking for a lift to the airport which is 2 minutes by car and the other would be completely unreasonable and impossible. Use a similar scenario please.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:48 pm

A few years ago, we got to the airport in Malaga for our journey home, when hubby realised he'd left his jacket in the apartment, which contained his passport ! The resort was a good half hour away - I rang reception and asked them to look in the apartment which they did & sent the jacket, with passport, by taxi to the airport. 45 mins and €50 later, we had just enough time to checkin....
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:33 pm

El Cid wrote: You would be better off trying to get a response from the customer service department by just saying you were disappointed with the way they handled it and that you were expecting a more sympathetic response.
Sid
I would agree with that as it wasn't part of their normal service but you were just hoping that they would be good enough to help you out and provide a little extra customer service. Things do get forgotten, as I said in my example above, and if the car parking company had refused to help us out then my OH would have had to get a taxi to take him to the parking yard to collect his bag from the car.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:13 pm

costakid wrote:I would never use them again if I was you.
they will say.. ok bye. they dont care. they have a queue of people out the door and onto the street and around the corner .. nearly every. single. day.
wollie wrote:I told them in email i will make official complaint when next over.
legally its too late. as you have already signed the paperwork etc the "job" is closed with a "satisfactory" result, you cant complain later.
El Cid wrote:I doubt that will get anywhere with a complaint. You were late and that was your fault, whatever the circumstances that caused it. You would be better off trying to get a response from the customer service department by just saying you were disappointed with the way they handled it and that you were expecting a more sympathetic response.

Sid
probably the best course of action.
chrissiehope wrote:A few years ago,
unfortunatly times have changed. imagine his passport had fallen out of his jacket. who is to blame? the consierge that brought the jacket out? the cleaner who found the jacket? the taxi driver? your hubby? Who pays for the plane tickets if you miss the first plane?

Unfortunatly Wollie, there is no "customer service" any more, not in big companies. Its all a blame game, and nobody is willing to take responsibility for anything.

Unfortunatly CID is probably right. notch it up and move on.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.