Registering with INSS (with S1 form)

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Jafwaf

Registering with INSS (with S1 form)

Postby Jafwaf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Hello. I have my residencia and have been to the INSS in Huercal Overa with my S1 to register for a health card. They told me that as my S1 is a medical/ disability form and not a retirement S1 I do not get a social security number nor a health card. Instead I am to take my S1 (stamped by INSS) every time I go to the doctors.

The citizens advice bureau have said they have never heard of this.

Has anyone else come across this?

Many thanks.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Registering with INSS (with S1 form)

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:01 am

Welcome to the forum, I haven’t but I am sure beachcomber will put you right once he reads your post.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:11 pm

I haven't either but just a note about the Spanish 'Citizens Advice Bureau'.

It has nothing to do with the UK CAB but is just another expat advisory service that has hijacked the name.

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Straight from the horse's mouth............S1 due to "insurance", no SS number issued. Obviously, this is general statement.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Me neither Cant see why it would be any different to a O.A.P one. Its not like its a temporay S1 like when they used to give them out to pre retirement people. They didnt get cards just used to show the paper.

Isnt a S.S number different? I got one of those at the SS office for working. Had nothing to do with healthcare at the INSS

Jafwaf

Postby Jafwaf » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:24 pm

Thanks everyone.

The gov.uk site is where I read that I would receive a Social Security number. They should update it as it’s wrong. I’ve emailed them.

I went to Velez Rubio INSS this morning. (Tiny 1 man office, closed for breakfast!). He said he has to speak to Almeria and will call me Mon or Tues.

Didn’t know Spanish CAB is not a proper official group, that’s a worry.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:37 pm

It depends on what you mean by "an official group". The CAB in the UK is a charity and is made up of many individual charities in many locations. It has some government funding but it is debateable that it is in any way "official".

CABs have been set up around the world modelled on the UK CAB and often they use the same (possibly modified) logo etc. Spain is one of those and it is just as "official" as all the others.

Sid