Digital signature/electronic certificate-

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Netty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Digital signature/electronic certificate-

Postby Netty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:36 pm

I would appreciate any advice about the procedure for obtaining a new signature.my PC recently had a nasty virus and had to be overhauled and I had not managed to extract a copy- how do I proceed? Should I get the certificate cancelled and then apply for a new one or is there a procedure for downloading again?
Anyone else dealt with this problem?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Digital signature/electronic certificate-

Postby El Cid » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:48 pm

There is a lot of info in the FAQ section at http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtop ... 42&t=27571

Have a look there and come back if that doesn't answer your question.

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi Netty,
When you get a new certificate ..BACK IT UP in at least three (3) places..Memory stick, another computer and on the Cloud.

What did "they" do to sort out your Virus.......reinstall Windows..?
If you've not done much since getting it back you could run a recovery program.........

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

I ran this the other day and recovered a load of Documents and other files from a reinstalled system.

Worth a try.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Netty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Netty » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:32 am

El Cid, can´t find an answer in the FAQS.
Enrique the PC was completely wiped and then changed from Vista to Windows 7, plus changed to 64 bit from 32.Also now it is fixed, I don´t want to mess about with it too much.
Previously i had tried to export a copy to a stick but could not do it, eventually shelved the task for another day when I would have more time, which unfortunately never came!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:35 am

You cannot download the certificate again. You will need to go through the procedure again from scratch as detailed in the FAQ. Your old certificate will be cancelled as part of this procedure. You will not need to renew your subscriptions if you had any.
Let's go Brandon!

Netty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Netty » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks Beachcomber
I wasn´t sure if I had to cancel first and then reapply, so if it automatically cancels the old one it will save me a lot of time. Needless to say the next one will be thoroughly backed up !!!!!

slapdash
Tourist

Postby slapdash » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 am

Hello,
I was wondering if there is a more updated post regarding obtaining an Electronic Certificate or Digital Certificate.
I have checked here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27571
I think perhaps the process may have changed over the years and I was trying to apply for a certificate yesterday and the current application now asks you for your name as well.

My question is simple:
Do you just give your surname or your complete name, eg forenames and surname, as per your NIE.

The link I am using to apply for the digital certificate is this: https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/en/certifi ... ona-fisica, then choose Obtaining a Software Certificate and then Previous considerations
It first asks for your NIF/NIE eg
Nº DEL DOCUMENTO DE IDENTIFICACIÓN
and then
PRIMER APELLIDO (tal y como aparece en su documento de identificación)
FIRST LAST NAME (as it appears on your identification document) as translated by google Translate.
Does PRIMER APELLIDO equate to just your SURNAME or do you follow the advice to match it to the name on my NIE document, which has my complete name of 3 forenames and a surname as one string.

I had no problem generating the application and have received back an email with with a 9 digit code eg
A continuación le facilitamos el CÓDIGO DE SOLICITUD del Certificado FNMT de Persona Física que nos ha solicitado: 999999999
which I now need to take with me to Spain to get verified next month and I can then get my certificate.

I just don't want to get to Spain next month to find our I have an error in my application because I used the wrong name format!

Thanks for any clarification

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:35 am

Yes, you just use your surname. If an application code has been issued then you did it correctly. I am not sure if there is a time limit between applying for the code and the confirmation of your identity. There is no mention of this in the instructions but there is a remote chance that it may be an issue.

Remember that the certificate must be installed initially on the device and browser on which the application was made.

slapdash
Tourist

Postby slapdash » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply it was very helpful

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi,
Some new Members may find the FAQ on the subject a bit daunting, the original was written by Chrissie, while relevant at the time ,Operating systems and Browsers have been updated.

Obtaining a Digital Signature (DS) as of Today............Windows 10 ver: 1903

Digital Signature Procedure

Read to check Browser status..........using Firefox for this

Needs Firefox version 68.1.0esr....... Not Current version 69.0.2 !!...They are working this.

https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/certificad ... ona-fisica

You can get the Spanish version from the above site

Or English version from..............

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/all/

They suggest saving your Bookmarks etc and uninstalling your current version 69 and installing version 68

Or you can do it the easy way...........leaving your current Firefox in place

Create a Folder named Firefox68...........we will be dealing with this Folder
Download Firefox 68 into this Folder
Click to install, do a Custom install and put the installation files in Firefox68 Folder
Create a Shortcut named Firefox68 .......to the Firefox.exe in the Folder Firefox68
Click on the Shortcut
A window will popup ...Create a Profile name it Firefox68
Highlight Firefox68 and click Start Firefox
When Browser is loaded goto Options and Disable Auto Updates

There are Plenty of Videos/Notes on the Web about the above Procedure for running two or more instances of the Firefox browser.

Now you are ready to proceed with the Application
NIE
Surname
Email Address

Print off the Notificacions FNMT Page from the email that has the Unique ID Number

Look up where your nearest Local Office is located......beware that the List may/is not be up to date so have a second location to hand

I took copies of Passport, Green Form, NIE..........None of these were needed !
They only needed Passport and the Printed email page.......no copies made at the office
Sign a Form keeping a copy and come away. They will Email the next part of the Application Procedure.

Fire up your Firefox68 browser and Follow link that is in this email

I used same Email address for both our applications.

Install your shiny new Digital Signature/s and check its in "Your Certificates"

Check it works by going to ...........

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... icio.shtml

And check your Details that AEAT Holds on you.

NOW BACKUP your Certificate/s........Give a meaningful name and Password......

Make at least Three (3) Copies and locate on different systems/Media

You are now good to go for four years.

N.B.

The FAQ on Obtaining a Digital Signature..............

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27571

Many of the Links do not work. It Needs to be rewritten and brought up to date.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:34 pm

I have a current digital signature and can view it in my documents folder. When I try to access DGT it says there is an error
Se ha producido un error durante el proceso de autenticación.
I am using Chrome. I haven't used it for years to access a site and can't remember if I have to do anything special.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi Wicksey,
First check your Digital Signature is in Personal Certificates in your chosen Browser..... if it is , is it still Valid :?:

"I have a current digital signature and can view it in my documents folder."......that will only be a Backup Copy it has to be Imported into your Browser to work.

How to Import.............

https://knowledge.digicert.com/solution/SO7085.html

Or you can go to your Personal Certificate area of your Browser and Import it from your stored location, in your case the Documents Folder.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:19 pm

It expires Jan 2020.

I had installed the certificate from my documents files using the wizard. I then went into the Chrome settings and found the certificate under 'other people' in the manage certificates and imported it via the certificate import wizard but it still doesn't work. If I found it under the Chrome settings does that mean that it is already installed in my browser?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi,
Have you tried accessing other Government sites......... :?: Your Tax info for example

or this where a Digital Signature is required...

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... ZN01.shtml

Installing Chrome Browser..............importing Digital Certificate......works

N.B.In Chrome your Digital Certificate should be in your Personal Tab

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:35 pm

How do I move it from other people tab to personal? Maybe that's the problem?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi,
No problem..........go to Personal Tab and import it from your backup copy in Documents

Delete it out of other.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:01 pm

Try exporting it from 'Other people' and import it back into 'Personal'. Once you have it in 'Personal' delete it from 'Other people' but make sure you have a back up if you don't have one already. Alternatively, if you already have a back up import it directly into 'Personal' but however you do it make sure it is deleted from 'Other people'.

If none of that works try installing another browser, Pale Moon or Firefox, and start all over again.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:20 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi,
No problem..........go to Personal Tab and import it from your backup copy in Documents

Delete it out of other.

I went into the personal tab and through the import wizard stuff, but it never appeared in the tab. I asked it to go into the personal digital signature file.
Beachcomber wrote:Try exporting it from 'Other people' and import it back into 'Personal'. Once you have it in 'Personal' delete it from 'Other people' but make sure you have a back up if you don't have one already. Alternatively, if you already have a back up import it directly into 'Personal' but however you do it make sure it is deleted from 'Other people'.

If none of that works try installing another browser, Pale Moon or Firefox, and start all over again.
I tried exporting it from 'other people' but it said I already had the certificate. It looked like it was exporting it back to my documents folder and didn't give me the option to send it elsewhere.

I'm going to have another look tomorrow .... my head is exploding now :?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi,
"I tried exporting it from 'other people' but it said I already had the certificate. It looked like it was exporting it back to my documents folder and didn't give me the option to send it elsewhere."

When you Export Certificate the Wizard gives you options for location and you can change the Name of Saved certificate

Computing is not about giving up at the first hurdle............... :D

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:44 pm

I'm soldering on Enrique. Thanks as ever for your patience!

Right, am I doing this right:
In Chrome to export I go to settings/manage certificate/ other people tab (where my cert is held)/highlight mine/ click export
Then Wizard opens, shows file formats (DER X.509 is already checked), if I click 'next' there's an empty window with 'browse' - click on browse and Library-docs opens showing where I have my backup copy, with the option to 'save'. If I highlight mine it says 'already exists do you want to replace it?

To try to import in the personal tab I go into the empty personal tab and click import. Goes to Wizard and browse option - goes to Library-documents as before - highlight mine - 'place cert in following store' option I choose Personal - Finish and it says 'import is successful' but it's not in the personal tab.

(And no I cannot access any other site as you suggested earlier)