Gmail Desktop version on iPad

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
telboy
Resident

Gmail Desktop version on iPad

Postby telboy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:41 am

Does anyone know how to get the desktop version of Gmail for my iPad :?: iPad version of Gmail is quite limited with a default font size and the facility to format text in Bold, Italic and Underline.

The desktop version on my MacBook allows font changes of Small, Normal, Large & Huge as well as colouring type, formatting text and enabling the use of tabs and bullet points all of which I find very useful.

Please, no instructions via iPad settings, accessibility etc on how to enlarge text for readability on an iPad.

terry :thumbup:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Gmail Desktop version on iPad

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:30 pm

All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Enrique - Found that site and tried the suggestions but had problems trying to log out of Gmail as suggested, in trying to log out I was given two options One - would close the account indefinitely or two - for access to another account, which I don't have. The option to change to the 'desktop version' didn't appear at the bottom of the lefthand pane as I said, wasn't happy with the comments from other people on the link so I'll stick with what I have, don't want to cause more problems. Cheers anyway

terry

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Try this link for more information.I do not think the Desktop Version is supposed to work on an IPAD.

https://www.imore.com/gmail-iphone-ipad

David