Seur and Amazon

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Seur and Amazon

Postby olive » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:10 pm

You couldn't make it up.

I needed a wf100 spec cable . Failed to find anyone locally who could make me one. So searched Amazon. £10 from Uk or 21 euro from Amazon.es. Chose the latter and paid for expedited delivery ( not next day)

Ordered Wednesday and delivery guaranteed Friday for one euro extra.

Tracking from Amazon showed the cable despatched from Southend to Madrid on Wednesday

Last night Seur picked up the local end delivery. argh!

They changed the delivery address to the Dehesa near our postal town. A spurious address. 11 p.m. we changed the delivery address to our correct address ( a local petrol station) . Today Seur changed the delivery address back to the petrol station and I expected it to fail because in the past Seur have told us they only deliver to our rural area on Thursdays!

4 p.m. Email from Amazon. Delivery has failed due to package being damaged. , we will reimburse you
4.10 p.m. Email from Seur saying package delivered. Looking at their tracking it shows pavkage changed vehicles around midday

So I have my package with unaltered 100% correct address as per Amazon and might get a full refund and have had a nervous 24 hours .

I might give Seur the refund. ( not) I suspect this is all about achieving impossible delivery times to meet targets.

Stevemul
Resident

Re: Seur and Amazon

Postby Stevemul » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Please don't think it's any better in the UK with Hermes deliveries. I ordered some car number plates from Ireland for delivery to my home address in Merseyside.

Hermes received them Wednesday and the tracking said they were out for delivery Thursday. I left a note on the door asking to put the parcel in a storage box at the back. No delivery.

No delivery today either -same note on door. This evening, tracking says they tried to deliver but no one in. No note left or explanation. Tomorrow will be the third attempt before they send it back! I will not be in but the note will be on the door.

Impossible to phone Hermes. Answerphone goes round in circles.

At least you've got sunshine!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:55 pm

I found Amazon.es now have a delivery drop off point at my local PO. Very useful as many suppliers refuse to send even small items through the post to my PO Box address, but will send to a collection point which just happens to be the same PO. If they won't use my PO Box address or a collection point, then I generally have to give up.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:21 pm

We couldn't make it any easier. Unofficial official drop off point of petrol station. Only one for twenty km in any direction and it is on a main road.

I think the issue is Amazon raising expectations of a three day expedited delivery (not Prime next day). In reality something coming from anywhere in the world still take up to a week to deliver to none city locations in Andalucia. The distances are just huge.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:53 pm

Wicksey wrote:I found Amazon.es now have a delivery drop off point at my local PO. Very useful as many suppliers refuse to send even small items through the post to my PO Box address, but will send to a collection point which just happens to be the same PO. If they won't use my PO Box address or a collection point, then I generally have to give up.
Yes, as a Prime subscriber, almost everything is delivered to the Correos office. As soon as it arrives they call me and I collect it as and when I am in the village. This applies to all products marked as Prime. I rarely order anything that is not Prime as it is less convenient. Most of the Chinese sourced products arrive at Correos, even if they are not Prime and the same phone and collect applies.

Sid

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:29 am

How did you find out where your Amazon drop off point is please?

When I was last in the UK , I was very impressed with the locker set up at a local supermarket. Easy parking and open long hours .

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:37 am

I think the collection points were a choice when I got to the end of the order. I have a few saved addresses with Amazon but I think somewhere on the page where you choose the delivery address there is the 'recogida' option. It then showed the possibilities in my area. I can't really find it without ordering something. I'm sure I have seen the Amazon lockers somewhere here recently as well.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:04 pm

You can find it without actually placing the order - just stop before the final order confirmation page.

Sid