Long Term Car Parking at Malaga Airport

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
pensure1988
Resident

Long Term Car Parking at Malaga Airport

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:55 pm

I am looking for 5 days Parking at Malaga Airport during December 2019.

Can any Forum members recommend a Company with a good track record and an economical daily rate.

Thank You

David

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Long Term Car Parking at Malaga Airport

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:05 pm

I think that's what Spanish_Lad does.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi pensure1988,
I have in the past used the Airport P3 long term parking............at least you can compare their rates

http://www.aena.es/en/malaga-airport/parking-offer.html
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:04 pm

And if you use the aena parks sign up for the free client club to get a further discount.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I think that's what Spanish_Lad does.
He does. Spanish lad or the company he works for also take cars for ITV tests etc

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:03 am

You might like to be aware that AENA Club have a 20% discount for bookings made around Black Friday 29 November, via the app.....

Good luck

Vincent
Last edited by vinuela vinny on Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:31 am

I always use these people, very competitive and fast transfers.

http://www.parkingsurmalaga.com/
Hardworking resident !!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:16 am

Vinny is correct but....”
Aprovéchate del BLACK FRIDAY en los parkings oficiales de Aena
Descent del 20% en el parking introduciendo el código promocional AENAFRIDAY
Válido para reservas realizadas los días 23, 24, 25 y 26 de noviembre.
Solo para reservas con prepago.
Promoción válida para los parkings General, Larga Estancia, Bajo Coste y Preferente.
Para entradas del 23 de noviembre de 2018 al 31 de enero de 2019. Estancia máxima de 15 días.
Aeropuertos adheridos a la promoción: Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas, Barcelona-El Prat, Palma de Mallorca, Málaga-Costa del Sol, Alicante-Elche, Ibiza, Bilbao, Santiago, Sevilla y Valencia.”
Not much use for spring/summer - nor for my local airport RMU Corvera!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:24 am

Beachcomber wrote:I think that's what Spanish_Lad does.
costakid wrote:He does. Spanish lad or the company he works for also take cars for ITV tests etc
Thanks guys, it is indeed what the company does. That would be €35.00 Pensure, drop me a pm.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:19 am

Thank you one and all for your replies which have been noted

David

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:10 pm

I eventually went with "One Park" Costa de Golf Car Parking. I was satisfied with their prompt and efficient service. I will use them again.

David

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Care to give us an idea of daily cost ?

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi Scotty

Here is the website I used . I paid 22 Euros for 7 days.

https://www.onepark.co/en-es/parkings/4 ... d=87113354

David

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:37 pm

pensure1988 wrote:I eventually went with "One Park" Costa de Golf Car Parking. I was satisfied with their prompt and efficient service. I will use them again.

David

Thats with a mini-bus to the airport and then waiting for the mini-bus when you get back yes? So luggage out of your car, into the minibus etc?

The service that we provide is like a "valet", we collect the car, theres no mini-busses involved, and we are alot closer to the airport, I´m glad that you were happy with their service.

Incidently, "costa golf parking" has been around for years, and has been recommended on here before, ONEPARK is a "new" company that is like a broker. Costa Golf do all the work, but because you booked through ONEPARK, they get a cut of the money for providing a website.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:03 pm

I haven't flown for over twenty-five years so no need for airport parking but the one thing that would concern me about leaving my car with a car collection service is seeing boy-racers careering around the airport in what are obviously customers' cars and going through the tunnel well in excess of the 50kph spéed limit. I often wonder who pays the traffic fines.

ebyard
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebyard » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:44 pm

I would also take photos of the odometer before and after, and if you wish to be extra sure, get a cheap GPS tracker from Amazon and ping it every no and then (or if you are more technically minded, you can have it send a text message to your phone when it is moved).

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:08 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I haven't flown for over twenty-five years so no need for airport parking but the one thing that would concern me about leaving my car with a car collection service is seeing boy-racers careering around the airport in what are obviously customers' cars and going through the tunnel well in excess of the 50kph spéed limit. I often wonder who pays the traffic fines.

This is the advantage of using someone like "Costa Golf" - where you drop the car off is where the car stays, it will only be moved around the yard to be parked, then to be washed, then brought to the front for your collection. With us, we collect it from the airport, its brought to our office in front of the San Miguel factory, and then at some point during the day, we will drive it to our storage facility in Zapata, which is 10km either way. This is outlined in our terms and conditions, which everyone signs at the airport when the car is dropped off.

I would much rather that we have this facility, but finding a piece of land of 10,000 m2 so close to the airport is impossible.

As for the concerns about traffic fines, that has only happened once in our company, about 8 years ago, and the guy in question was dismissed on the spot, as soon as it came to light. We keep a log of who drives what car from the airport to the storage facility for exactly this reason. Our boss doesnt pay any fines that we get on the road - why should he, hes not driving the car...if we speed, its down to us to take that risk - any fines would be deducted from the wages at the end of the month, and nobody wants that to happen.

ebyard wrote:I would also take photos of the odometer before and after, and if you wish to be extra sure, get a cheap GPS tracker from Amazon and ping it every no and then (or if you are more technically minded, you can have it send a text message to your phone when it is moved).
You, or any person leaving the car in our care, is welcome to do that - we have a box on our paperwork where we can record the km´s as well, and you get a copy of that.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:48 pm

chrispoolerentalcar has some space and very nice gentleman

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:42 pm

pensure1988 wrote:Hi Scotty

Here is the website I used . I paid 22 Euros for 7 days.

https://www.onepark.co/en-es/parkings/4 ... d=87113354

David
Thanks David, that's good value. I pay two euro a day to keep my motorbike two minutes by car from arrivals.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:19 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I haven't flown for over twenty-five years so no need for airport parking but the one thing that would concern me about leaving my car with a car collection service is seeing boy-racers careering around the airport in what are obviously customers' cars and going through the tunnel well in excess of the 50kph spéed limit. I often wonder who pays the traffic fines.
Could be worse than fines too. Some real horror stories in UK with damaged cars. Many operators being Del boy types.
We used an off site parking in Malaga once (an ad in Sur) thought it would save being transported to airport in a scruffy mini bus. Arrived Malaga after a long transatlantic flight via Madrid. called the company and we were stood outside the terminal for over an hour on a cold January morning for our car to arrive. After that we just parked at the airport. worth paying a bit extra than use these fly by nights.