ITV Documents

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
gerrynag
Resident

ITV Documents

Postby gerrynag » Sun May 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Can anyone tell me exactly which documents you need for an ITV?
I have had one done before, but I wasn't sure, so took everything to do with the car with me, which the guy sorted thru.
Be nice just to take just the required documents this time.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: ITV Documents

Postby Enrique » Sun May 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi gerrynag,

"As Sid says, you only need your 'permiso de circulación' and 'ficha técnica'".....plus proof of insurance payment....(was not asked for at my test station)

Book an appointment online and when you arrive check in at the machine.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Sun May 19, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks for that. Got an appointment tomorrow.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun May 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Assuming you are having the test done at the Algarrobo centre you will see a notice in reception saying you need to show proof of insurance.
Handing over my receipt and was told they don't need it as they can see the information online.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun May 19, 2019 11:09 pm

Same as Gerry, didn't even glance at Insurance document last week, Algarrobo.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:13 pm

they never check the actual insurance paperwork in malaga either, (unless theres an issue) i´ve been 20+ times in the last 3 months.

funny story.. I went to ITV in a clients car... blah blah got a ticket, waited my turn etc.. handed them the paperwork..

"we cant ITV it, the car doesnt have insurance" ...

I´m a bit :wtf: :wtf: (we´ve been driving this car around for the last 10 years)

I checked the paperwork in the car (linea directa) and they checked on the computer .. it was the registration numbers were different.. it said XXXX GHD not XXXX JHD... (it had been imported) ...

so since its import.. it technically had no insurance :think: :think:

Makes you wonder.. if the car had been written off, would they of refused to pay out? would the client of had a fine for no insurance ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 am

I'm trying to make an appointment for my car via itvcita.com. The cars paper say the itv is valid to 05-02-2020.
First I tried the station in Mijas. After entering plate number and VIN, it "recommends" me the date March 5, which is one month after expiration. If I click the option to chose another date, there are no other options but March 6. All dates before March 5 and after March 6 seem to be unavailable to me. I then tried another ITV station (Guadalhorce). Same thing.

So I'm assuming something is wrong, since it would be to strange if both stations only had the same two dates available. Anyone have any ideas?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 am

When I looked in December I got message to saying that there weren't any available dates at my local centre. Some dates were available at other centres.
A few days later and it showed dates available at my local centre.
So, try again in a couple of days.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:53 pm

I think the ITV cita problems have been caused by a severe cut-back in the number of testers. I need four appointments in Mijas in January and February an I start checking every day about two months prior to the due date until the week that I want appears then I book it straight away.

If you ring the appointments number you may be able to get a more appropriate date.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Guess so. I thought it might be an error or misunderstanding on my part at first, since both centers showed first available date exactly one month after my itv expires, but seems not. Next year I'll have to do what you do then.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Are you sure about the date on which it expires? Try installing the ITV app. Once you have entered the details of the vehicle it shows the date of expiry of the current ITV. There may be some kind of mix-up over the date of expiry.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:24 pm

The garage we always use told me last month that he's been unable to obtain ITV appointments at Algarrobo. Then a few days later he came back to me to say he'd managed to book the car in. I had read that there were staff shortages causing problems at the ITV stations which are few and afar between. Always wondered why that is, unlike the MOT in the Uk where there's always a local garage that can carry them out.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:23 pm

Very different though in G.B You just take it to a garage and bigger ones have a mecanic whos also qualified to do M.O.Ts so they do it there. If not they take it around the corner to a local garage they work with where it can be tested. N. Ireland has the same process as here though. Here i presume its one or the other. Work at an ITV station or work at a garage

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:41 pm

Beachcomber wrote:Are you sure about the date on which it expires? Try installing the ITV app. Once you have entered the details of the vehicle it shows the date of expiry of the current ITV. There may be some kind of mix-up over the date of expiry.
I was not able to bring my car up on that app, possibly due to me entering wrong data. The website requires registration date or last digits of VIN, but the app requires both, and seems to be unable to fetch info based on my entered date. I think the VIN and and plate number I'm entering must be correct because that works ok on the website, but "fetcha de matriculacion" does not. Tried entering the enrolment date on the car paper (from 2003, three days past the current expiry day/month), as well as the previous three days, but does not work with that.

I am unfortunately quite sure however that the date of expiry is correct, as both the sticker from last year and the year before that say so, so not sure why it would be wrong.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:09 am

Have you tried with other testing stations to see if they give the same date. You can try as many as you like. The appointment is not actually made until you complete the Captcha and press send.

As I said before, he only other thing I can suggest is that you ring the appointments number and see if you can get an earlier test.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:49 am

I tried three stations yesterday, and was so surprised I got the same date "suggested" for all of them (March 5). I see there are other stations too, but they're getting further and further away from me, so not very convenient.

Thank you for the suggestion regarding calling. I tried calling, but unfortunately I don't understand Spanish yet, so I could not manage it. In the end I arranged with the mechanic shop I use for the regular service to come pick up the car at my place, do their "pre-itv" service on the car, and return it back to me after the ITV check. The date they got was the same (or actually a day later, as March 5 seems to have become full in the meantime). It's unfortunate about the ITV having expired before the appointment, so lesson learned and will do it much earlier next year.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:14 pm

theolivepress.es has the shortage of testers as one of their lead stories. Less busy at the Ronda station apparently....

Is it a national problem?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:20 pm

Makes me think I'll have to book well in advance for an April ITV then if this problem continues.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:43 pm

I was thinking the same we are end of april.how far in advance can you book.looking on the site it gives march 7th as last available. For those who use a garage do they book the date for you or do you do it then tell them?. Did it ourselves the first time but tbh cant be bothered this time

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi,
The garages I'm familiar with will do the "whole package", i.e service , book and take car to ITV and sort any problems arising.

Same Booking problems up this way with long lead dates.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.