Modelo 210 - Late Payment

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Modelo 210 - Late Payment

Postby McT » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:48 am

Just realised that I haven't submitted the form nor paid the non-resident tax for 2018, which should have been done before 31/12/2019. There is much info online, including here, about different penalties which apply depending on whether you eventually pay before or after AEAT have chased you. However, my understanding is that Spanish banks will not accept payment nor process the form if the deadline has passed. Is this correct?

My options seem to be:

Go to the bank anyway and see what happens.
Pay via bank transfer after submitting the form. (There are reports of doing this successfully, without a digital certificate, using the 250xxxx receipt number as the payee - but the payee field does not get transmitted with the payment, so what's the point of that? There are other reports that suggest that a digital certificate is required to pay online.)
Wait and see. (Not really an option.)

Let's say I manage to pay via some method. Do I now just have to wait for AEAT to send me the Modelo 002 and details of the penalty? If so, here's what's likely to happen: AEAT send the letter recorded delivery and it arrives when I'm in the UK. Correos leave a yellow slip which I finally see two weeks after they've sent the letter back to AEAT.

Experience of this situation or suggestions, anyone?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Modelo 210 - Late Payment

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Just pay the tax in the normal way even though it is late. The fact that is after the deadline should make no difference. I have paid non-resident back taxes for people going back three or four years. If it doesn't work with one bank try another.

You will subsequently receive a notification to pay the fine. I would suggest you get a digital certificate so that you receive immediate notification of the fine. You will be then be able to pay it online taking advantage of the discount for prompt and undisputed payment. You will need a digital certificate for each person who is paying late. You could also pay with a digital signature avoiding a trip to the bank but this will only work if your bank account was opened with your NIE rather than your passport.

If you rely on service of the notification by registered post you will probably not receive it in time to pay with a discount and are more likely to end up with a surcharge for late payment.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:20 pm

A timely post, as I am about to finally make my 210 payment, late. I no longer have a digital certificate, but I'm hoping to make the payment online thro' my Spanish bank as in previous years.
I also need to pay my IBI for 2019 - does anyone know their bank details ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:37 pm

To pay a late IBI here (it happened to me once) you have to go to the town hall and get a revised bill, including fine, as the banks wouldn't accept it if it were overdue.
May be different where you are............

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi,
Sounds like standard practice for late I.B.I Bill (special office in town for this here) ..........SD could do it when over............

Local Office

Archidona C/ Carrera, 67 Bajo 951957232 29300 09:00 a 13:30 h

If the info is up to date............ :?: Not always the case as I've found out in the past. :roll:

https://www.malaga.es/diputacion/377/oficinas
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:19 am

I now have the funds, so I will try & do it online from my bank. The time limit is in a week or so, so hopefully I will just about make it !
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby McT » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:58 am

Update:

Paid the non-resident tax today with cash at Unicaja. No questions about the late payment. I suspect I was confusing 210 payments with the IBI situation where, as Unicorn pointed out, the banks won't accept a late payment unless it's with a revised bill.

I put a friend's name and address in the "Tax Payer's Representative" section. She will let me know when (if?) the fine arrives.