Corona virus Spanish lockdown

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Manchesteral
Resident

Corona virus Spanish lockdown

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:38 am

Reading the emergency laws passed two days ago in Spain anyone know what they actually mean ? can I get an aircraft back to U K then return to Spain, can I travel to Sweden from here then return to Spain. How do the Spanish authorities, define a citizen, do they mean a native born inhabitant or someone who is temporary resident here.
I'm very concerned as I have to attend the funeral of one of my godchildren next Friday in Helsinki, Finland, anyone give me a clearer picture, thanks Al !

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Corona virus Spanish lockdown

Postby costakid » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:13 am

No one can truthfully answer that as it is changing by the hour. I flew to the UK Thursday night no problem, airport was quiet but otherwise quite normal. On Saturday morning Jet2 flights were turned around over France. This is definitely unprecedented. I personally wouldn’t fly anywhere that I didn’t mind being stuck in for a few months.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:05 pm

easyJet announced this morning they are cancelling all flights to/from Spain from Tuesday 17th - https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus-spain
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Grandson is going to New Zealand for 3 weeks when University finishes. There is self isolation there for people arriving after midnight tonight. As many Unis are closing down early he is thinking of going early this week. They are sea fishing or on a private beach so will be no hardship. He may have a nice few months.
I think our Easter hol will be off. Have tickets for concert at Albert Hall this week and they still haven’t called it off. Wonder should I stay or should I go!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:25 pm

Condolences on the death of your Godchild, Al.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:31 pm

Please only post replies that specifically answer the OPs question.

All other questions comments etc about the virus should be posted on the existing Coronavirus thread to avoid ending up with multiple threads.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:58 pm

I think your problem is can you get a flight out and more importantly back into spain. They arent stopping citizens and residents returning to their homes, ie closing the borders. Like others said things are changing so quickly so even asking the airline at this stage prob wont help that much. i guess take the chance if you are ok been stuck overseas for x amount of time. If you have somewhere you can stay for free etc

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Total lockdown here in Las Palmas, the beaches are closed and cops are everywhere advising you to stay indoors or risk being arrested if you don't have a valid reason for being out doors, ALL bars and restaurants are closed by law and tomorrow things will be even tighter, Laanda, thanks for your sentiments !

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:16 pm

Ryanair "severely reduce" flights to/from Spain until Thursday: https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/1239 ... 47/photo/1
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:56 am

I'll also add my condolences, Manchesteral. Although attending a funeral might be considered exceptional circumstances, I noticed that FCO advice (which seems to be entirely reactive to other countries' announcements, but hey) is to avoid Spain for all but essential travel. This is bound to have an effect on airlines' enthusiasm for offering flights so actually finding one might be the bigger issue.

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:23 pm

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:58 pm

This thread is now closed. Please post only on the thread given by Admin.

Sid