Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby elusive » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Thanks gerry. Never used the app. will download and give it a go before ringing tom. Less drama for everyone.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:40 pm

It is very difficult when you are stuck/trapped away from home and loved ones.even more so when you wonder gow lobg it could go on. Sometimes it seems never ending. At least those already "home" are the lucky ones.

I got stuck in N.Y on 9/11 and although it was less than a week (from what i remember) before i could fly home it was all very up in the air and the feeling of just wanting to get home while having no power over when and how is very unsettling to say the least.

Feeling unwell myself (non corona issue!!) certainly isnt helping with what is going on.after struggling for a month after been fobbed off by urgencias (no appointments at the centro de salud) then feeling better the infection is flairing up again and you see no end to it if the dr keeps refusing treatment. And with all this isolation it certainly makes you feel even more down.then you feel bad for going to the drs knowing what is going on.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:54 am

3rd day running of the balcony applause (now at 20:00 prompt) but I felt it flagging a bit today - perhaps because I'm not caught out anymore and put a T-shirt on today. Laundry guy is open and I shall collect Weds. He told me a customer was really keen for a collection date ticket because he was questioned about the purpose of his journey (shoving a bag of unwashed smalls at the rozzer's face presumably worked wonders) and wants proof for the collect. I never ask for a reminder ticket, D'oh! I do have a washing machine but it shoots sparks out of the control panel so I use the laundry service now.

Nobody has yet asked me via WataSap or email to get them anything but, down in the foyer, was a sign up from a Maria on 3rd floor to the effect that she would get provisions and medicines for anybody too old/infirm themselves. It also said anyone young and without symptoms could add their name to help out. I was doing so just as the Maria in question turned up. She started asking me if I wanted help. I indignantly flustered "puedo ayudar" and made a mental note to get my facehair off; there's a few greys in there.

Did some normal Monday shopping at Maxi Dia (not my usual) and fresh raw meat and fish were virtually non-existent but pretty much everything else was light but present.

A friend is trying to get a flight back to Switzerland and, if successful, I offered to take her in my car which has only ever had me+mrs, her and her cousins in it. Seems vastly preferable to the train or a taxi that who knows how many randoms have coughed all over. Her cousin has declined my offer, saying that I will be fined (only a taxi can have more than one person in it). Surely not? Or have the SP drivers used their leverage on the ayuntamiento again?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:07 am

I do agree, Olive, while still empathising with Manchesteral. I like my own company and always have. My big problem is usually chasing time and saving up time to be on my own. Of course, I have a choice. I recognise that.

I should be in the UK now with my parents who are 96 and 93 and still live independently at home. They self-isolate a lot anyway so staying in is no hardship for them and they have each other. Last week, when free movement was still possible, Mum told me to just come and visit them anyway. She said it didn't matter if I brought the virus with me because at their age it might be a blessing. Maybe, but I would not have been able to deal with that particular responsibility. I phone daily. I shop for them on-line. I worry about them. That's my cross but it's not really heavy.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:36 am

elusive wrote:Anyone know for certain the situation re making appointments at the drs. a post on our townhall f.book mentions dont come if you are collecting results or doing red tape stuff and then says
"Solicite consulta telephono en su centro de salud para su medico"etc.

My appointment for tomorrow is still on the app and I've had no messages via the app to cancel. I shall just go and see if I can be seen as planned. It's for a review of my medication based on the blood tests I had done last week so I don't really want to leave it in case the dosage needs adjusting, plus I have few tablets left. If this lockdown is definitely over in less than 2 weeks I could perhaps postpone it but I have a feeling it will carry on longer. I shall see what happens tomorrow and report back.

I too have a 93 year old FIL in the UK recovering from cancer surgery. He is doing really well and is back driving again, just as well as we cannot go over again for some time it seems. He has wonderful neighbours so we know he will be OK and we speak to him regularly so know he's doing alright. It's more a concern that the twice weekly home help will bring in germs to him.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:15 pm

Thanks wicksey.

I downloaded the app and it allowed me to make an appointment as normal. Offering lots of different days/times quickest one was friday. Nothing on the app about cancelling appointments etc because of corono. Will keep an eye on it for any changes. G.P's seem to be working as norm as tbh they should be unless they all get asked to work in hospitals.life does go on so to speak and people still need to see them on a general basis. We just need to keep the less important appointments for another time inorder to help.

BTW very impressed with the app. It registered me with no prob and very easy to make an appointment.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:19 pm

Just heard from N332 that renewal of driving licences has been cancelled. Like the expired ITV it is not a fineable offence during the crisis.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:53 pm

Useful info, thanks peter- no point in me applying for a UK-ES switch just now then. My last post, I queried if it can be right that only taxis can take people to the airport. By chance, I listened to a minister or govt spokesperson (missed the name) and he addressed this exact point amongst others. I didn't mishear or misunderstand; he clearly said that it is acceptable for you to be taking friends/family/neighbours to the airport although your passenger(s) may need to show the boarding pass if asked. Having dropped them off, returning to your home address is a known "can do" of course. The only thing is that, say you and your OH want to go and see them off, I advise against it because you'd both be heading back home in the car and attract El Plod. I collected my laundry (untroubled) and noticed not a single >1 occupancy vehicle.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:34 pm

They would be the same vehicles that have the driver texting, phoning or not wearing a seatbelt.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Two many different reasons for people to be car sharing make it difficult to police. Car sharing for work, taking your non driving family member to a dr/dentist appointment. All comes down to common sense

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:01 am

My Dr rang me this morning and did the consultation over the phone. She said they didn't want people going to the clinic unnecessarily and if I have any other concerns, to phone and ask her to ring me back. Doh ..... I was looking forward to a legitimate drive along the Costa and a chance to escape for an hour. I will need more tablets from the farmacia though :think:

So if you have a Dr appointment then it may be best to phone first.

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:20 am

The Spanish government has confirmed it has NOT given an order to close hotels in Spain from Tuesday 24 March.

The BOE decree states "in a constant and progressive" way hotels and all type of accomodation should "limit their activity".

Spanish Government confirmed that "hotels are no longer accepting reservations and will attend to guests until their departure, doing everything possible to keep an orderly situation, without ultimatums or sudden closures"

https://www.andalucia.com/health/coronavirus

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:36 pm

Wicksey wrote:My Dr rang me this morning and did the consultation over the phone. She said they didn't want people going to the clinic unnecessarily and if I have any other concerns, to phone and ask her to ring me back. Doh ..... I was looking forward to a legitimate drive along the Costa and a chance to escape for an hour. I will need more tablets from the farmacia though :think:

So if you have a Dr appointment then it may be best to phone first.

Thanks for your update wicksey. Decided to ring to see. And the receptionist seemed surprised i had one. Took a while for him to inderstand me. I guess spanish in a yorkshire accent over the phone isnt great for a local to understand. Very frustrating for all sides i guess. Hate to feel like an ignorant guri. Anyway he looked me up on the system and could see the appointment and said the dr would ring me tom. Thankfully she speaks quite good english. Hopefully will just give me a prescription not sure how she can look at my throat over the phone? ! Maybe for the best as i keep been fobbed off.
Last edited by elusive on Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:08 pm

Dr just rang me and loaded some antibiotics onto my tarjeta.straight to the chemist and picked up very impressed . The only positive in these times i got my meds without having to see a dr and getting fobbed off again. Just hope they work now!!The uk could learn from spain. Having healthcards is a good idea. just thankful my gestor got me on the system.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:40 pm

What could the UK learn from Spain? The only thing I can see any different from above is liberal issue of antibiotics.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:44 pm

Yes, agreed elusive. The UK wasted billions in trying, and failing, to computerise their NHS system. They should have just asked the Spanish to do it for them as it works brilliantly — especially now.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:02 pm

katy wrote:
elusive wrote:Dr just rang me and loaded some antibiotics onto my tarjeta.straight to the chemist and picked up very impressed . The only positive in these times i got my meds without having to see a dr and getting fobbed off again. Just hope they work now!!The uk could learn from spain. Having healthcards is a good idea. just thankful my gestor got me on the system.
What could the UK learn from Spain? The only thing I can see any different from above is liberal issue of antibiotics.
The fact is here you can usually get an appointment easily the next day .... under normal circumstances. I know of many people in the UK in the recent past (pre-virus) that were told they had to wait up to 3 weeks for an appointment and never got the promised phone call back from the Dr. My FIL had to pay privately in the end as he was desperate to see a Dr when he was 92 years old and very ill last summer. He received such a poor and uncaring service from the local NHS surgery.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Almuñécar council have produced this document which seems to give ALL the answers. You will need to use Google Translate unless your Spanish is very very good.

https://diariosexitano.com/2020/03/19/e ... ronavirus/

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:51 pm

katy wrote:
elusive wrote:Dr just rang me and loaded some antibiotics onto my tarjeta.straight to the chemist and picked up very impressed . The only positive in these times i got my meds without having to see a dr and getting fobbed off again. Just hope they work now!!The uk could learn from spain. Having healthcards is a good idea. just thankful my gestor got me on the system.
Having healthcards so a presription can be loaded onto it. Scan your card so all your info comes up. Its very difficult to get antibiotics here now the same as the U.K very different to when i was here on hols in 2012 and needed them. Went into the chemist and was sold a packet after been looked at by the chemist. Its no coincidence the rise in sepsis after the clampdown. Drs are going from one extreme to the other.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:44 pm

Funny how some claim to know more about uk system than I do and know more people’s medical history than I do personally They are computerised and have been for a long time. Not loaded onto a card, just electronically to pharmacy of choice. Appointments are online except same or next days. Systems have changed and around 50% of appointments are reserved for next day, also evening appointments, Sat mornings, Sundays on rotation for area.
One thing has changed this week, recorded message saying due to virus all initial consultations will be by Skype or telephone.
By a strange coincidence phone call interrupted me, due to give blood with Nurse tomorrow afternoon. She was checking that I was asked if I had any symptoms such as sore throat etc. (I was) which made me think that Elusives Doctor was negligent to be issuing over the phone with such a strong indicator of the virus of a sore throat and the alarmingly high figures in Spain.