Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:39 pm

country boy wrote:QUESTION.
Are there any restrictions on how far one can travel to buy food/supplies etc. We live in the Campo and usually use several of the nearby Towns to obtain various items. Including as far as the Coast.

My nearest (large) supermarket, Hiperdino is less than 1 km from my home so I go there roughly once a week with my trolley and buy what I need for the week, plus a couple of tins of soup or stew (in case I get sick and can't get out) but it's hardly "hoarding" ! I've only been stopped once by the policia local who had a look in my trolley then said Gracias senor buenas !!

I have though in the last few days noticed a suspicious number of locals carrying empty shopping bags around on a regular basis :-) !!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:43 pm

Pamela1 wrote:Wish i could report the same Miro, agree big businesses are being decent but many smaller ones not so. In all honesty some are banging the nails in their own box, corner shop £16.99 for a pack of toilet rolls and the local butchers £18 for a chicken...This is an area.where the chamber of trade are forever running campaigns to shop local....It suddenly feels like shopping local is about being ripped off...However people will not forget,
The corner shop 20 metres from my front door have increased the prices of almost everything by 200%, nobody is falling for it though as most of their customers are passing trade tourists and of course there are very few tourists here now !!

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Anyone know what the criteria is for renewing prescriptions. We are under with Spanish Healthcare system, we live in the campo our medical centre is 16km in the nearest large town. Normally we have to see our doctor for him to extend the long term medication drugs, this info is inputted into computer for a chemists to issue them via our health cards.

Not looking forward to visiting the medical centre as there are normally a dozen folk in there, maybe only two of those are seeing the doctor but they bring the whole family along!

Terry

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:09 pm

All prescription sheets or health tarjetas with regular medicines have been extended by six months. If you need new medical treatment you can get an appointment at your nearest main health centre (not a local surgery) which can be done online, or talk to your pharmacist.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 am

Our Townhall posted a notice from thr junta saying you should ring 955545060 salud responde to renew any.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:20 am

That is/was the recommended way, but I believe there were long on-hold queues to speak to a person.
So extending all prescriptions by 6 months seems very sensible.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:59 pm

I signed up for a daily update e-mail from the BBC on the coronavirus situation. Amongst all the doom and gloom, today's message announced "a live page dedicated to all the positive news - the acts of kindness, the reasons to find hope". Thinking I could do with a bit of that, I clicked the link - only to find the page "unavailable" :cry:

On a happier note, popped out to Asda this morning: no queues, no panic, toilet rolls (albeit only branded at roughly 3x what I would normally pay for their own brand) and tinned tomatos aplenty, and since they obviously had loads of unsold stock from yesterday (Mother's day in UK) they were inviting everyone to help themselves to a free bunch of flowers. Mrs.M doesn't much care for flowers, so I dropped them off at the old folks home across the road from us. Hope they brightened up someone's day :)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:17 pm

I've just done an on-line shop for my parents with Sainsburys. Thank goodness we set up the account a few years ago as no new accounts are allowed just yet because they are snowed under. Did the shop and understood some items would be substituted, yes. Then came the delivery slot and there weren't any. For three weeks. Then I clicked on a few things and did find the delivery slots for tomorrow. Phew! my computer illiteracy nearly gave me a despair breakdown. All seems well.

However, supermarket on-line shopping pages need a filter for the over 70s and vulnerable people that Boris, last night on the news, promised to help, or at least, not forget. I know it's early days but some speedy joining up the dots is going to be needed across all sorts of services, soon. The promise is easy, the implementation is not so simple.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:24 pm

"supermarket on-line shopping pages need a filter for the over 70s and vulnerable people"
Far too cumbersome to be able to prove eligibility, sadly?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:27 pm

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:00 pm

We had a flyer from my dads official village support group a few days ago. Things are happening in the UK and there is a plan but shame people are thick and just ignoring what the fhovernment is asking them to do.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Boris holding a P.C at 21.30 announcing a lockdown i guess?

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Resignation too much to hope for!!!
I So Bella tis you

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 pm

Why would you want that? Do you think Corbyn and Mcdonnell could do better. Your having a laugh.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:53 pm

Not done to great so far has he? Someone who can string a sentence together coherently, someone who can talk for more than a minute without lying, someone who has a bit more gravitas and believability. Maybe someone like Rishi Sunak. But nobody could do a more of a disastrous job than Boris. Only my opinion. Don't think "having a laugh" is really appropriate at the current time...do you?
I So Bella tis you

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:19 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:Resignation too much to hope for!!!

Why would he resign, he's doing a good job, if it was Corbyn in charge he's still be under Diane's bed looking for her shoe :-)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:23 pm

STOP now. Back to the subject please.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 pm

I only cone on here to find out what's happening in uk. Ha ha ha.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Thank God our cat has been hoarding, she's got 12 bags of dreamies, 3 goody bags and a 4 kg pack of Royal Canin Cat Calm. We've got 14 bottles of Chablis a piece of something wrapped in foil and a tangerine, should last for 3 weeks thanks to the tabby :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Well the Uk is now in lockdown but not as strict as Spain and Italy. It had to come as a lot of people ignoring the advice given. Now it is official. But Boris is still in charge.