Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:32 am

https://www.axarquiaplus.es/la-axarquia ... ronavirus/

93 registared cases in the axarquia. Article gives other areas aswell

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:20 pm

meanwhile the postponed talks on an EU rescue package have stalled after 16 hours! predictably no agreement on the richer North European countries paying for the poorer ones in the South.

I read yesterday that Mallorca thought it wouldn't be opening for tourists until 2021. If social distancing becomes the norm, I cannot see how most businesses in the hospitality and travel sectors could survive. For example a cafe/bar with tables and seats for 50 would need to have good occupancy to make a profit. With a new maximum of say 25 they would be unprofitable. Airlines would just double their prices to cover the empty seats and people would pay up.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:34 pm

Lavanda wrote:I do not think the ordinary German worker would put up with helping anyone but themselves after this. Germans work incredibly hard and pay huge taxes including private medical care insurance. There is no health service, as we know it. Yes, we pay, or have paid, National Insurance Contributions (to now get no health care in Britain) but the Germans pay enormous amounts of money into their system. I can see two possibilities apart from the meltdown of the EuroZone and that is Germany will absolutely demand that countries that want a bailout get organised, efficient and a grip on everything fiscal to sort their countries economy out once and for all, or that Germany votes for the furtherest right party anyone can possibly find at their next elections.
The biggest mistake the E U made was to admit non productive countries into the bloc !!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:
markwilding wrote:
katy wrote:A bit crass bringing Boris shaking hands when many politicians were doing it then. .
I don't think so. It is making a point.
He should have been telling people to avoid contact not encouraging it.
Totally agree Mark, he should have been leading by example. But in the "crass" stakes he wins by a country mile

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... asp/17/03/
Well, on that point you could say that Corbyn has always been ahead of him !

K&LTupper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby K&LTupper » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:01 pm

"Clap for Boris" didn't go too well apparently. The silence was overwhelming apparently. Ah well

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:56 pm

I don't think it matters which side of the political spectrum you are on. This is one time that populist politics won't work. I know what I want to happen but being told what I want to hear is not plausible at the moment.
I need to know the hard truths.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Agree completely, Mark. The thing that social media has made more easy and accessible is not the truth or the facts but a whole miasma of opinion (a bit like us on here but we are all old friends having a chat). I have no idea what is going on. When I look to the news for guidance it seems they have no idea, either. Nor do any politicians on any side and there is not much consensus among the medical experts, either. Fair enough; the virus is a new one.

However, all the serious talk of quinine being the cure but Big Pharma squashing that flat because they want to sell a mandatory vaccine to the world as soon as they have one, drives me insane. How can we be vaccinated within a few weeks of one being 'discovered'? Don't we need tests and even long-term tests. Just think of what happened with thalidomide and various other long-term disastrous effects of so-called answers to medical problems. I just feel the world has gone a bit potty right now ...

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:36 pm

Sounds like a plan.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:52 am

Quinine the cure? Time for another G&T.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:19 pm

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/04/ ... er-exodus/

A video shows huge queues of traffic on the motorway in Madrid as people are trying to get to their second homes. It's pretty obvious isn't it, that they're not all out doing essential shopping today! We heard on the radio about it too. It seemed to be a bit busier on the Costa here yesterday with more cars about, although it could just be because the shops are shut for two days.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:55 pm

That is a huge amount. I wonder if there has been an accident?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:03 pm

Wicksey, I've just finished reading a story about Manchester:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... kdown.html

Then there is the Great British Escape for the holidays:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... homes.html

The Spanish are about two weeks ahead of the British in the Covid-19 curve but both countries have major problems with some sections of the public. No. Don't all jump on me. It's not a competition. It's equally crazy in both countries. Meanwhile, I am in the campo and I did my local shopping yesterday and will not be going out for the next 10 days. However, I did walk the dog for 15 minutes in the lanes local to my finca, this morning.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:41 pm

I saw those DM articles as well!

Just been watching the Spanish news where roads into popular holiday towns on the coast have been closed off with cement blocks and the police are checking where people have come from. Benidorm is completely shut down apparently. Also checking cars parked up on the costas from what I could understand. A brief report coming from Torrox Costa as well, a popular spot for those from Cordoba.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Was the block not there when you Ascended Mrs W ?
Ahead of you I was stopped at the Autovia roundabout Coming from ? going to, look at shopping, OK, no document check or anything other

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:03 pm

Funny how the DM is the most criticised but most read and quoted newspaper. Put a link in that doesn't please someone and they say ah well it is the DM rubbish but next day if it is saying what they want they are posting links from it. ha ha. Although there aren't many left to read free now. I really do think people prefer bad news. I love reading the comments in DM. some are even laugh out loud.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:19 pm

There was some good news in the DM re. Spain today. Seems to be lessening. does seem as if they have the same issue as the UK on number crunching. not counting people who died in nursing homes etc.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sease.html

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:54 pm

Lyric wrote:Was the block not there when you Ascended Mrs W ?
Ahead of you I was stopped at the Autovia roundabout Coming from ? going to, look at shopping, OK, no document check or anything other
Nothing there when I ascended but then I had been to another shop after seeing you, so I ascended later than you. I've not been stopped yet and didn't see any police at all on travels yesterday.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:14 am

I posted this on 28th March:
Beachcomber wrote:I appreciate that RT is not part of, and is even demonised by, the main stream media but that is exactly why it, along with Sputnik, is my main source of information.

This is another thought provoking article and leads to one asking the question 'Why?'

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/484102-raoult- ... treatment/
and now, two weeks later:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ald-trump/

I wonder how many thousands of people have died in the meantime simply because the self-appointed liberal elite did not want Donald Trump's endorsement of the eccentric French microbiologist, Professor Didier Raoult, to be proven to be valid?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:28 am

I've been following that story for several weeks, Beachcomber, and considering the mess we are all in it, seems that we have nothing to lose by trying a drug we know is safe. The big problem is that, maybe, and I write 'maybe' as this whole conspiracy theory-fake news thing is clouding everything, maybe BigPharma want to sell zillions of vaccines later on. They are a business in the business of making money, after all. Vaccinating the entire world would also give a grand opportunity to stick goodness-knows-what into every human body on the planet (except me). Bill Gates is even talking about micro-chipping people who have had the vaccine so they can work, travel, function, etc, etc, and people who are not vaccinated and micro-chipped will be treated as lepers and 'cast out'. I would rather take a proven medicine than a vaccine not tested for adverse reactions that appear in one, five, 10, 15 years time. What comes after Coronavirus actually scares me more than the virus itself.