Easyjet

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Easyjet

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:16 pm

Pamela1 wrote:Hi Maureen, I don't know if the price of £55 is guaranteed, they are allowing people to move their flight to a new rescheduled date free of admin fees but i'm sure you pay the difference if the new date is being sold at a higher price. It's quite confusing but i'm sure she will figure out what she wishes to do. :wave:
I didn't pay any more with either BA or Easyjet, even though the prices were slightly higher. All in all a very easy process. Of course as Al says now we have to wait and see if we can fly in early August

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 am

Ryanair has just contacted me about an upcoming flight, but the options are not particularly good:
· You can change your flight to any date in the next 3 months, up to Aug 31 2020.
· The flight change fee will be waived in full.
· You will only have to pay the difference in fare.
· This flight date change will only apply to the route you have already booked.

Easyjet vouchers are much more flexible and can be used against any route for the next year. If I reschedule then it wouldn't be before September. I shall have to wait and see if it's cancelled and then just try to get a refund.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Just a random thought, How many people have paid for their flights or holidays with "vouchers" ?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:56 pm

There was an item on BBC today re. TUI re. not cancelling packages and peoples balances are due, some quite substantial. They are quite devious aren't they.

I should have been just about settling in juan les pins today :( Maybe can go in June but prices including hotels will have shot up about 50%

The concert we booked in March at the Albert Hall has now been rescheduled for November so they are now hanging on to my money a while!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:35 pm

Jet 2 were saying they are starting to take bookings for holidays from June 15. Seems a bit optimistic to me. I did read in the EWN that Spain is considering keeping its borders closed for the whole of the summer, with no-on being allowed in or out for non-essential travel. Not sure how likely that will be.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:37 pm

Who knows Wicksey, I doubt that any of these news outlets know anything more than what we are being told by our governments..

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:07 am

Wicksey wrote:Ryanair has just contacted me about an upcoming flight, but the options are not particularly good:
· You can change your flight to any date in the next 3 months, up to Aug 31 2020.
· The flight change fee will be waived in full.
· You will only have to pay the difference in fare.
· This flight date change will only apply to the route you have already booked.

Easyjet vouchers are much more flexible and can be used against any route for the next year. If I reschedule then it wouldn't be before September. I shall have to wait and see if it's cancelled and then just try to get a refund.

There is also an option for a full refund. That is what we took.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 am

It's not actually cancelled yet so I'll just have to wait. I think a refund will be best as long as they are still easy to obtain.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:08 am

I suspect travel between countries will be the last to return to any normality. Maybe I should book my flights for Christmas.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 pm

If paid via credit card I would send an email to whatever address I could find at easyjet (or the airline in question), requesting a refund.

Wait a week and If the airline refuses to give a refund, or does not answer, next step is to contact the company that issued you your credit card (a bank or credit card company normally), including a copy of the email sent to the airline. Tell the credit card company the airline cancelled your ticket and is now either refusing to refund you the money (a voucher is not money. Who even knows if you will be able to use the voucher), or did not answer your request for a refund. Tell the credit card company that you wish to initiate a "charge back". Normally the credit card company will then, after a month or so, and after having tried to contact the airline themselves to verify your story, refund you the money.

Like others, I too wonder which airlines will still be in business when this is over, and don't think it's a good idea accepting a voucher, at least not unless the airline offers a voucher for more than the cash value (which some airlines do, in the hope that customer will choose the voucher).

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:46 pm

Having dug around on the web to find an easyjet customer service email address ( i couldn't find one on their website) i wrote to them almost 2 weeks ago requesting a refund. A few days ago they replied and supplied an email address which they told me to use in order to request my refund. They specifically asked that i put the reference number and flight date in the subject field...They gave an example EN1R67/27042020 ... Ok email sent, then i received what i presume was an automated reply today, more or less stating that due to coronavirus they are receiving a large number of requests....Then went on to say the next time i would hear from them would be to confirm the outcome of my request and to please wait for this outcome before emailing again...Fob off? Who knows, i'd like to think the next time i hear from them it's to confirm the refund as opposed to placing obstacles in the way . So for those who would like the email address they gave me to contact for a refund it is... [email protected]. Good luck.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:34 pm

Whiz Air are making 1000 redundant. I thought the airline just did cheap flights to EU eastern bloc to for the Roma etc to move around but apparently I was wrong.

BRZY56
Tourist

Postby BRZY56 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Just had our Easyjet flights to Alicante cancelled, as expected, 12 days before departure.
They are offering a rebook on any or their flights free of any charges. We have rebooked for August at no extra cost.
Depends on your circumstances but if you are back and forth regularly it's a good option.
Brizey

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:15 am

Our daughter had her EasyJet 7th April return flights LGW-AGP=LGW cancelled and has been trying to get through by telephone to ask for a refund - same experience as others above.

On BBC R4 You and Yours programme on Friday 17 April I heard a piece with a travel journalist who said that EasyJet had re-instated the "Request A Refund" button on their website.
I told my daughter about this straightaway and she logged in but could see no evidence of the link.

At 9pm, my daughter sent me a message telling me that she had now found the link rather hidden on the EJ website.

In case others are having difficulty finding it, this is what she wrote to me:

"There was no 'refund button', instead EJ have hidden the option within text which gets hidden when you enter the site, by a Covid-19 message, and you have to scroll back up the page after you clear the Covid message...quite cheeky.
You then need to click on some orange coloured writing within the text that is called 'Covid-19 Help Hub'. Really obvious..."

This morning, I took a look at the EJ site whilst compiling this post; they may have changed it again, because I found right at the top of the page "Covid-19 Help Hub", displayed, I clicked on it and after clicking through questions to the fourth page, with three options are offered. I was able to follow Option 3 "other options" and selected the second one, "view my other options|".

A new page is opened with three more options "Change Your Flight", "Choose a Voucher" and finally, without a heading "We understand that you may prefer a refund. To apply for a refund you'll need to fill in our refund application form (which is a URL to a new page).
https://www.easyjet.com/en/refund-form ".

Hope this is of help to some of you.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:30 pm

Thank you for sharing Zanuck, it will be my next option if they do not contact me further after they acknowledged my email to [email protected]. Jet2 have closed down their telephone line and customers have to wait until they are contacted by them.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:35 pm

The 28-day refund promise by Jet2 passed. I emailed their customer services, auto-response said allow 21 days for reply (!) but 3 days later they responded, saying refund had been processed, allow 7-10 days for it to reach bank...good job we did not need the money!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:19 am

You couldn't make it up. Governments bail out airlines but they still don't give you your money back.

Several items on Euronews including this https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/27/eur ... ed-flights

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:53 am

I also think that Virgin has a nerve asking the UK Government for a bailout due to coronavirus, yet as I recall, they vehemently objected to any government support at all for FlyBe which went bust at the start of the crisis.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:37 pm

peteroldracer wrote:The 28-day refund promise by Jet2 passed. I emailed their customer services, auto-response said allow 21 days for reply (!) but 3 days later they responded, saying refund had been processed, allow 7-10 days for it to reach bank...good job we did not need the money!
Update: refund arrived as a credit on the card on the 20th. Only snag is Cajamar demand a payment to transfer the excess funds into our normal account...negotiations ongoing!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Finally, a refund from Easyjet. :thumbup: Hope Ryanair and Jet2 follow suit...