EPL Football's back

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

EPL Football's back

Postby markwilding » Thu May 28, 2020 9:37 pm

Subject to government approval, the primer league will be back on 17th June. Some matches will be free to air on the BBC and SKY.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52833725

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: EPL Football's back

Postby costakid » Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm

Don't hold your breath. I hope your correct but to be honest the German league behind closed doors is almost unwatchable.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Thu May 28, 2020 10:43 pm

BBC to show 4 live matches
Sky to show 64 matches with 25 of them free on pick tv, with the everton v liverpool match one of the free ones
BT Sport will show a total of 20 live matches and Amazon Prime will show four (nothing yet about if any of these will be free)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:56 pm

Amazon prime will also show some matches without having to be a UK prime member. Whether or not it will work with a VPN or proxy remains to be seen, I have to switch off my VPN when I want to watch the Spanish Prime.

Sky Pick might be a problem. It's not a channel I am familiar with, It seems to be a Freeview channel. It is in my Sky EPG so if you have SKY Go, it is available but it's not in the NOW tv list.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:51 am

markwilding wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:56 pm Sky Pick might be a problem. It's not a channel I am familiar with, It seems to be a Freeview channel. It is in my Sky EPG so if you have SKY Go, it is available but it's not in the NOW tv list.
It is a Sky operated, free to air channel, available on Sky, Freesat free to air satellite boxes, and if in the UK Freeview.
(Sky operate three free channels, Sky news, Challenge, and Pick TV)
SD picture resolution is quite poor.
But they are testing a Pick HD service, but it is on a UK beam, a very weak UK beam, and even some 1.8m dishes in my area struggle to get that particular frequency.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:31 pm

Pick is one of the last remaining channels on our old Sky box and works OK with our 1.8m dish. Is this where the footie will be shown?

Edit: just found matches on the EPG ..... OH is cheered by the prospect of some live footie :thumbup:

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:19 am

Pick HD is currently being tested on satellite, but it is on a very very weak UK beam frequency...
Hopefully Pick SD is not moved to a UK beam also

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Pick HD is staying on the UK beam...so will be tricky to get in your area..

But there are some changes to the SD version also...

The SD version of Pick on that is "free to air" and on Freesat (and Sky boxes without a card), will NOT be showing the football.

But a new "free to view" version of Pick, that requires a Sky card (either "free to view" or subscription), will be showing the football.

All down to rights issues and not having the games free on the "european beam" version of Pick...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:09 pm

OH settled down to watch the footie on Pick last night ....... channel no longer works. OH not a happy bunny. Pick+1 still works OK but does not show the football matches one hour behind, but has other programmes .... all very strange, and annoying.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:51 pm

If you haven’t already done so and you live in Spain, sign up for DAZN because they are showing all the matches in HD quality and the first Month is free so should you not want to continue, it’s possible to cancel anytime.

It is also possibly to install the app on a Amazon fire stick. Just remember that it detects a DNS or VPNs So make sure they are switched off.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:24 am

I'll have a look thanks.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 pm

Wicksey wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:09 pm OH settled down to watch the footie on Pick last night ....... channel no longer works. OH not a happy bunny. Pick+1 still works OK but does not show the football matches one hour behind, but has other programmes .... all very strange, and annoying.
Strangely, Pick has returned on our old Sky box :wtf: Did they 'turn it off' just so that we couldn't watch the footie?

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:30 am

Wicksey wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 pm Strangely, Pick has returned on our old Sky box :wtf: Did they 'turn it off' just so that we couldn't watch the footie?
Basically, yes.

As posted above, Pick HD was on a weak frequency on the UK beam, and carried the football - on SKy and Freesat boxes
Then there were two other versions of Pick, in SD : one showing the football, easily received, but needed a sky card (sky boxes only) , and one not showing the football but free to air - on Freesat

As the EPL has finished, Pick HD has closed, and Picks reverted back to one version free to air for all.

There are currently no plans for the UK broadcasters to show ALL matches for the new season, just the ones that have been contracted for.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:58 am

Oh I see. I thought that Pick was due to go permanently on the Freesat version. Sneaky so and sos!