Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby elusive » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:15 pm

To be fair the huge majority are in isolated areas areas like fruit pickers,factories the red cross centre etc.

There was a good article on el pais english today about the concern the goverment has about spikes.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:03 am

Travel rules for travelling to the UK relaxes on July 6th

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53199089

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:54 am

I just got a message from a friend due to return to Spain on Monday after a year working in the UK. Their Brittany Ferry from Portsmouth to Santander was cancelled with only four days notice! My friend told Brittany Ferries they had to find a place for her and her husband on a cargo ferry which, to give them credit, they did. My friend is now en-route on said ferry. I think if people want to take a relaxing holiday, rather than having to make an essential journey, they ought to stay at home.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:04 am

Said on the news that TUI are still cancelling holidays until the end of July.
The quarantine has ended with the “air bridges” for Spain etc. But I wouldn’t like the uncertainty that we could be stuck if the state of alarm changes rapidly.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:58 pm

Lavanda wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:07 pm So, it seems that as governments relax all sorts of rules Covid-19 is increasing. ¿Qué?
Because all the people that ignored the rules before are still there, and lots more idiotic fools have joined them?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:37 pm

Good answer.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Japan seems to have done incredibly well with a population of 130 million and under 1,000 deaths. Whatever they did started a rapid downward trend from early May to currently with very few daily infections or deaths.
I So Bella tis you

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:39 pm

Our German neighbours arrived here without any delays or problems at the weekend. They said the airport was extremely quiet. Ryanair had sent them the health forms in advance to complete, so when they got to Malaga they were through the health checks quickly, whilst others were standing around still filling out forms. Interesting to hear first hand of their journey, although I'm not planning on flying just yet!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm

They discussed countries like japan inregards to how they have delt with things on a few news programes. Seems to be several things. How they arent hand shakers etc.how its very common for people to wear masks if they have a cold etc and also the very low obesity levels in the country help a huge amount

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am

Just when it looked safe to go out again......

A new flu virus with pandemic potential has been found in China.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53218704

Sobering thought that meat eating is behind much of our current troubles. China developed, understandably, a taste for meat especially pork. They produce now in truly industrial quantities - I wonder what the welfare standards are? Perfect breeding ground for new diseases? Those that cannot afford pork look to other sources.....

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:57 am

Time to go veggie. It makes sense for the well-being of the planet, as well

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:24 pm

olive wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am Just when it looked safe to go out again......

A new flu virus with pandemic potential has been found in China.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53218704

Sobering thought that meat eating is behind much of our current troubles. China developed, understandably, a taste for meat especially pork. They produce now in truly industrial quantities - I wonder what the welfare standards are? Perfect breeding ground for new diseases? Those that cannot afford pork look to other sources.....
Google dog meat markets in China. Truly gross, there was an article in the DT last week about it as dog is a favourite to celebrate the summer solstice.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:10 am

Well i don't know if it's an elderly or mid age thing but i know many people who fit both age groups who have either gone off meat or now eat very little of it, after reading the above post it certainly made me think...

A change of subject...what is the situation over in Spain ( andalucia) regarding job losses? I imagine it to be as bad as the Uk but we don't hear about it or i haven't looked for any news relating to the situation. For the past months news has mostly been concentrated around the number of deaths/restrictions/ etc... but we are now slowly moving forward and here in the Uk it's job losses most days, the news today is that there have been over 12,000 job losses reported over the past 2 days but i imaging that figure is much more in the grand scheme of things..It's horrendous and the uncertainty is everywhere...I feel very sorry for anyone who must be sitting in their homes wondering how they are going to keep the roof over their heads with no idea about what they are going to do. :problem:

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:49 am

Simple..........

They're going to apply for the latest free money (IVM) and then continue to work in the black.

I'd go as far as saying........poverty doesn't exist in Spain.
My partner in INSS is dealing with them everyday. He wonders how they can afford the latest iphones.
Quite funny at the moment how everyone is setting themselves up to receive the free money (dumb EU!!). The casa de campos are quickly filling up with family members registering as living alone, blah blah blah.

Back to flights...
U people are panicking unnecessarily. Life is going on as normal in Spain. I've had 4 flights now in 5 weeks and I'm still alive.
5 weeks ago, internal flight in mainland followed by mainland canarias flight. Police checks before and after each flight, with interviews, targeting foreigners like me. On the whole, no problems. All v efficient. The nice thing being that people are more relaxed, keeping discrete distance and more aware of surroundings. It's all about compliance, compliance, compliance. The Spanish Regime are loving it. Stop, go, wait, wait, stop, go, stop, etc.

Yesterday, flight within canarias plus flight canarias to mainland. Not a hope of avoiding infection, too many people and that's only the beginning. I'm not concerned, as being infected is the only way forward (Lockdown was and is a totally stupid idea - merely postpones the pain).
Ryanair boarding was manual (pen and paper). So, the staff physically took the phone from every individual to read the codes, lol. I held it from him at a distance - he still grabbed it.

So, just get on with it - we all got to die from something.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:23 pm

Loads of ppl are still waitiing on their erte? Payments!! Heck knows how they are survivng if you dont have any other income. even then they are prob on illegal contracts so will only get a %

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:02 pm

I doubt there's a country in the world where the vast majority of people wouldn't take advantage of the chance to have free money so while it lasts they are welcome to it..It may cause problems for the future because the money didn't fall off a tree but for those who may be eligible for any of the money won't care about that,it will be the here and now which matters most to them.

Sounds like some will be ok but there will be many who will suffer, those on illegal contracts etc. I guess as the next few months go by we will see a much different picture as more companies cease to exist..

During the last recession the elderly in Spain found themselves taking up the slack, families moving back in and their pensions being used to help out where they could, i saw this on a program about Italy also.Happens in the Uk too, times have certainly changed from the days where you had no choice but to simply get on with it and parents only had a gov pension with very little room to help out..Poverty has an effect on many people one way or another.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:36 pm

'Poverty' is relative, though, Pamela.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:24 pm

Lots more job cuts in the uk today. British aerospace and the owners of bella italia and cafe rouge to name a few. Kinda sums it up when i read about someone who had applied for a job at aldis .they were told they wouldnt be looking at anymore applications as they already had 500!

Alot of ppl are gonna be struggling for a long time. With minumum help in many countries. There are many ppl who cant rely on others/family etc because they have very little aswell. As with everything its always the same ppl who end up suffering the most

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:46 pm

I don’t want to mix threads but if governments set up some actual, useful small manufacturing groups to make things people want, and will buy, and so support the local economy, instead of everyone buying Made in China, we might yet help people.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:58 pm

We had that once Coal mines steel plants etc....... but importing was cheaper. We all know how that has ended. To many young ppl wasting their time doing B.S pointless degrees rather than getting a trade. Looks good on paper...