Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:14 pm

Bias is a word banded about which really often means opinion that I don't agree with.

I understand people believe that it should be left to choice but there are certain issues that can't. Covid 19 is a killer and I for one don't fancy playing Russian roulette every time I go out. If it's a choice between staying at home or a mask, then I choose the mask. This crisis has been a learning curve and as time goes on the evidence is growing that masks probably makes it more difficult to spread.

What happens if your choice conflicts with mine? In this case it can mean the end of my life so the choice must be made by the politicians based on evidence.

We have had these types of arguments for years from wearing helmets on bikes and motor bikes to seat belts and smoking in pubs all of which seem very logical now.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:20 pm

the threads are getting mixed up.

This one is about having to wear masks next week in Andalucia. If my passport ever materialises , it(the wearing of masks or not and when and where) will be interesting on my return.

It seems , as ever there are three camps on the way this crisis is being handled. Those thinking it has been overblown/we are being manipulated, those thinking everything is fine in the way it is being handled/governments can be trusted to do the right thing. Finally there is a bunch in the middle who don't know what is going on due to the constant flow of conflicting official info. Wherever we are in those three camps surely that is for discussion in amigos lounge in the new religion thread?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:22 pm

markwilding wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:14 pm

We have had these types of arguments for years from wearing helmets on bikes and motor bikes to seat belts and smoking in pubs all of which seem very logical now.
I'm hesitant to say but yet another wide of the mark and flawed analogy. Smoking was banned in pubs, shops too and I agree with it even though I'll have the odd tab. However it was not banned in the countryside or in a vicinity where no other people were.

Safety belts is just too tenuous a comparison to even answer.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:25 pm

I have mentioned The High Wire several times which I shamelessly claim reflects my views fairly accurately and given links to various videos and articles in past posts but, of course, they are dismissed as 'obscure'web sites because most of the contributors have been censored by the Silicon Valley Mafia and it's cohorts.

Perhaps I should promulgate them more forcefully!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:46 pm

So I go to the site and the first thing I see is '\ the sensational headline that masks are toxic for children. Where the evidence?
This is the evidence which debunks it.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallsh ... febaa130f4

I would play particular attention to the last paragraph

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in AndaluciaTrong opinions on this but the situation

Postby El Cid » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:57 pm

Please, let’s not get personal over this issue. It is clear to me that there are some very strong opinions over this issue, but please remember that the UK issues over shops and masks is entirely different from the Andalucia issue of masks all the time.

Can we stick to the issues in Andalucia rather than in the UK as they are related but not the same. People in Andalucia have had to wear masks in shops for the last 4 months and outside within 2 metres and appear to be fairly laid back about it. From my observations locally at least 90% are sticking to the rules, although we are all worried about how visitors will behave.

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:16 pm

Plenty of photos online of people not following the rules in Spain. Some in the Olive press of large gatherings at a football match in Cadiz unmasked and not distancing this week. Many others on social media. Read today that the new rules for masks in Andalucia is because of tourists visiting and citizens weren’t happy with it so they asked for the masks legislation. Ha ha. They’ve got to be kidding. Always the same though Spanish exemplary, Brits bad. They don’t turn their noses up at the money though. Brits are already being blamed in Mallorca but an expose said they are mainly Germans right now.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Be interesting to see if the new rules regarding wearing a mask and the one in particular relating to the beach and walking along the shoreline is adhered to strictly. From a personal opinion I think it a great decision and is imo aimed squarely at the "visitors" to the region and to instil a sense of "we are taking no chances so wear it or risk a hefty fine". Enjoy our beaches and bars etc but respect our rules.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:26 pm

If anyone has any sense they won’t visit until the panic is over. Not my idea of a holiday.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:25 pm I have mentioned The High Wire several times which I shamelessly claim reflects my views fairly accurately and given links to various videos and articles in past posts but, of course, they are dismissed as 'obscure'web sites because most of the contributors have been censored by the Silicon Valley Mafia and it's cohorts.

Perhaps I should promulgate them more forcefully!
I have had a look at this website that you keep mentioning as the source of your information and as I suspected it is just full of theories with no basis in fact.

One article was Coronvirus: Why Everyone Was Wrong, states that the virus is retreating, even though the opposite is happening in many parts of the world and in fact in the last few days we have had the highest number of cases ever. It also claims in the same article that it's impossible to have the virus without symptoms, something that is completely untrue, as studies all over the world have demonstrated.

Another article says Masks are toxic to children, this been proved by a guy called Del Bigtree, who seems to be the force behind much of what appears on this site. He is a TV and Film producer with absolutely no medical qualifications.

Another article tries to disprove the documented evidence that Hydroxychloroquine is useless against Covid19.

So that's your evidence ! A bunch of stories, based mainly on the ramblings of a well known anti-vaccination advocate.

Btw, I have been to Silicon Valley and didn't see any mafia looking guys driving round in their stretched limos, maybe that was their day off ?
Or maybe, they were all planning how to get their nano technology perfected, so that they could inject those control chips into us ? :lol:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:29 pm

The rules for the beach seem logical to me. If you are sunbathing you don't need a mask as long as you are with family you normally spend most of your time with but if you meet up with groups of friends you need to wear one. You will also need one if you take a walk along the beach.

I normally go for a couple of hours in the afternoon but around 5pm big groups of younger people turn up of up to 20 kids with no social distancing at all. Quite often in seaside towns these groups are friends who only meet up during July and August and might have come from city with a higher Covid 19 infection rates.
Last edited by markwilding on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:33 pm

But you gotta love the name "Del Bigtree" :lol:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:38 pm

Sounds like a 70's p.o.r.n star :shifty: :lol:

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:42 pm

firsttango wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:33 pm But you gotta love the name "Del Bigtree" :lol:
Yes, with that name alone, already massive credibility gap. :crazy:
It would be ringing loads of alarm bells for me. :roll:

Your right about the p.o.r.n star reference too. :lol:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:46 pm

I think this is in the right thread for this.
People who openly mock people's fears regarding visitors to people's normal place of residence should read it and respect what most people want here in tourist Spain

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news ... ist-spain/

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:22 pm

gerrynag wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:42 pm
Beachcomber wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:12 pm So do I.

Good to see that the conspiracy theorists are alive and kicking. :shock:
I take it that you have never had a vaccine in your life and that you never had your kids vaccinated ?
There never used to be this concern about vaccines, until the internet came along and allowed cranks to come out of the woodwork and promogate all these crazy theories. David Icke would be proud of you.
Sorry Gerry but you might not mind having a fast tracked vaccine injected into you but i do..They don't take years to test vaccines just for the sake of it.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 pm

katy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:26 pm If anyone has any sense they won’t visit until the panic is over. Not my idea of a holiday.
I hope to go in the next 3 weeks but i will be at my house in the countryside and i am even more glad about that now...Who really wants to go on holiday and walk around in a mask most of the day in the summer heat..Those who would prefer not to go on holiday to Spain will have no choice but to lose everything if they cancelled. Any future travel recovery has been knocked on the head, what a mess!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:46 pm

I remember 20+ years ago, when I had my house in Coín. I spent my days on the beach in Marbella and my evenings in the Plaza de los Naranjos having a loooong dinner. Then in my tiny dress and teetering-heeled sandals I would be walking on the Promenade, doing the Paseo, looking at other people also out strolling who were looking at me (and my partner, claro). Lovely times.

I think the compulsory wearing of face masks will put off some of the people planing a week or so on the Costa del Sol. That will be pretty damaging to many businesses and it will be interesting to see what will happen in, say, August, when the Junta are facing an open rebellion.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:18 pm

That is almost a mirror of our days and nights in the eighties and nineties except it was Cabopino rather than Marbella (and my wife was wearing the tiny dress not me)!

We certainly would not be doing it wearing muzzels, though, and neither will most other people. This will have totally destroyed any hope for the recovery of the country's tourist industry for the foreseeable future but, from a personal point of view, if I am in the domestic area of our plot the nearest anyone can get to me (without trespassing) is nearly half a kilometre so masks will be for the other poor souls.

I am even more glad now that we are boondock dwelling yokels even if it does mean that we have been unpersoned by the ghetto dwelling city elite.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Two people collapsed in Velez Malaga yesterday from heatstroke. Lack of air conditioning was blamed but I wonder if it was the masks.