Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Masks to be mandatory from next week in Andalucia

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:09 am

gerrynag wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:57 am
It is fairly obvious that you have no knowledge of science or you wouldn't believe these ramblings from Dirk Bigdick.

Believing wild theories with no science or logic to back them up does not mean that you have the capacity to think for yourself, it means the exact opposite.

You have not presented one piece of valid evidence that proves masks don't protect you. Just opinions from idiots with no scientific qualifications.
You are the sheep for following people like that.

To add to that, even debunking personal experiences in favour of something seen on the net nor the capacity to realise that we have looked at these theories, checked out the authors and weighed up the evidence and come to a completely different conclusion.

This is the problem when you go onto site that mirror your views with no discourse or no one challenging the arguments.
Last edited by markwilding on Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:16 am

Telegraph did a double page spread in their hard copy yesterday re masks. Most of it saying the uselessness of them. One fact is that most worn by the public are made in China and do not conform to any official standards. Many of them are made by Ughiur Prisoners, aka slaves. Should we be buying them ha ha.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:24 am

katy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:16 am Telegraph did a double page spread in their hard copy yesterday re masks. Most of it saying the uselessness of them. One fact is that most worn by the public are made in China and do not conform to any official standards. Many of them are made by Ughiur Prisoners, aka slaves. Should we be buying them ha ha.
Katy, that won't wash. These guys on here are self appointed intellectuals, they take their info. from sources they believe and debunk others who prefer to get their info. from other places. Favourite cry is "Show me evidence", when the governments of countries can't even show any mutually agreed evidence.

Glad I don't need any sources to form my views, what's going on around me is enough to form the view it's a completely farce.

Yeah, masks to be worn at all times irrespective of social distancing, but you can take them off in a restaurant and have a long leisurely lunch/dinner and you'll be as safe as houses. Pathetic.

Edited for a typo I spotted.
Last edited by Devils Advocate on Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:26 am

katy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:16 am Telegraph did a double page spread in their hard copy yesterday re masks. Most of it saying the uselessness of them. One fact is that most worn by the public are made in China and do not conform to any official standards. Many of them are made by Ughiur Prisoners, aka slaves. Should we be buying them ha ha.
What? The same Telegraph that only last week had a lengthy article by their Health and Science chap Henry Bodkin whose headline was "Wear masks outside the home, covering nose and mouth to prevent second wave".....you gotta applaud their consistency ha ha

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:33 am

Spot on DA For me it is not just the efficiency of a mask it is the principle of being policed to wear one. Also why now after around 4 months of lockdown, sort of demonstrates that the sacrifices and job losses etc were not needed.

There are photos in all the media of huge crowds partying etc whist Police stand by. Many of them in Spain too. If essential to wear masks why did Spain do a big publicity drive encouraging the rest of the world to visit.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:48 am

As long as you can go mob-handed you can get away with murder. Why would any police officer put him/herself in harm's way or subject him/herself to abuse on anti-social media in an attempt to impose the law on an unruly mob when they can walk around the corner and impose a fine on some poor individual who has his muzzle around his neck instead of covering his face?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:48 am muzzle around his neck instead of covering his face?
I haven't seen anything in the rules that says muzzles be worn ?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:12 pm

firsttango wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:15 am
Pamela1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:55 am My Japanese daughter in law who is also a pharmasist told me that Asian people generaly wear masks when they have a cold, mostly out of culture politness but in reality face masks do not stop infection from spreading.
Absolute nonsense

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 172200.htm

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... oronavirus
Go along to your local hospital and ask why their mask wearing staff have been infected with covid19.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Many people I know of refer to them derogatorily as muzzles. Do you have any objection if I do the same?

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:24 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:08 pm
Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:48 am muzzle around his neck instead of covering his face?
I haven't seen anything in the rules that says muzzles be worn ?
Might be an idea if Beachcomber worn a muzzle :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:26 pm

I was amused by the fact that at 11.37 I posted a link to a video of nearly two hours in length and at 11.57 it was dismissed as 'wild theories with no science or logic to back them up'.

Now I know that You Tube videos can be played at double speed but even then you can only watch 40 minutes of the video in that time at the most.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:27 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:12 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:55 am My Japanese daughter in law who is also a pharmasist told me that Asian people generaly wear masks when they have a cold, mostly out of culture politness but in reality face masks do not stop infection from spreading.
Absolute nonsense

Go along to your local hospital and ask why their mask wearing staff have been infected with covid19.
Pamela
You have a good point but it might be down to the amount of time they are exposed to the virus. Nobody says that a mask will protect you 100 percent but the consensus is growing that they reduce the risk.

I hope you do come because it's not like they need to be on all the time. The rules are not much different from before. We have always had to wear one in many situations and after a while it is easy to forget it is on.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:29 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:16 pm Many people I know of refer to them derogatorily as muzzles. Do you have any objection if I do the same?
Oh I get it Alternative vocabulary to make it sound like something it isn't to make your arguments stronger. Very clever.
Last edited by markwilding on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Absolute nonsense

No one said that masks are 100% effective, but they cut down the chances of getting the virus.
I could turn around your question, by saying, go down to your local hospital and ask why every member of staff caring for covid patients hasn't been infected with Covid19 ?
I think you will find that wearing masks is one of the reasons they haven't all caught it.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:31 pm

gerrynag wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:24 pm
Might be an idea if Beachcomber worn a muzzle :D
I think the grammar in that sentence is a little defective just like its... oh never mind. It does demonstrate the mentality of these people, though. Even if i did 'worn' a muzzle it would hardly stop me typing would it?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:33 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:29 pm
Beachcomber wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:16 pm Many people I know of refer to them derogatorily as muzzles. Do you have any objection if I do the same?
Oh I get it Alternative vocabulary to make it sound like something it isn't to make your arguments stronger. Very clever.
:thumbup:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:35 pm

Absolute nonsense

I was responding specifically to your quote " but in reality face masks do not stop infection from spreading" not specifically Covid, if they didn't stop infection in general from spreading why on earth do they wear them in hospital theatres. With regard to Covid amongst hospital staff being higher than in the general population science believes a lot has to do with "viral load" and being exposed to it for long periods of time.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:49 pm

All very interesting but, for me, there is no evidence that masks do, or do not, stop Covid-19 infections. The blanket order for everyone to wear them or be fined is the problem, for me. Same as the, eventual, blanket order for everyone to be vaccinated. No. I can make my own mind up about these things. It's called Free Will, Human Rights, Civil Liberties, etc. If it is allowed to smoke, drink to excess, drive like a lunatic, overeat and do drugs, YET still get treated in hospital free-of-charge at the point of care, then what is going on with this compulsory mask-wearing thing? I've posted many times before — none of this makes any sense and there is something else going on behind all this .

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:51 pm

Perhaps ABC is a 'conspiracy theorist' web site as well but this item can be found on various sites:

https://sevilla.abc.es/andalucia/sevi-c ... ticia.html

It will be remembered that, when I stated this, it was summarily dismissed once again as a conspiracy theory.

gerrynag wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:42 pm
Beachcomber wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:12 pm Isn't it a coincidence that the mandatory wearing of masks is being rolled out simultaneously. These countries are having their strings pulled by the WHO and its high tech sponsors on the premise that if everyone is made to wear masks all the time they will be so relieved when some kind of 'vaccine' is concocted that they will be willing to go along with having any old rubbish injected into them as long as they don't have to wear the masks any longer.
Good to see that the conspiracy theorists are alive and kicking. :shock:
I take it that you have never had a vaccine in your life and that you never had your kids vaccinated ?
There never used to be this concern about vaccines, until the internet came along and allowed cranks to come out of the woodwork and promogate all these crazy theories. David Icke would be proud of you.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:54 pm

Population control. That, and making money.