Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Lavanda » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:03 pm

:lol:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:17 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:38 am Oh I see now .... not much use to me then!
You could go online by using the restaurants WiFi connection.
But it is easier to use Lavanda's method, ask for a menu. :wave:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:31 pm

Yes I suppose I could use their wifi but what a palava :crazy:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:13 pm

I got the short straw of ordering online for 5 of us. Took ages and some changed their order and I finally messed it up. Ordered as normal and much faster. Lavanda has got it right.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:36 pm

The system you talk about I haven’t come across in Spain.
I have used it to order breakfast in some pubs in the Uk and Ireland.
The system here is to view the menu online, In a similar way to viewing a takeaway menu but the difference is you then give the order to the waiter as per normal.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:35 pm

https://www.axarquiaplus.es/el-coronavi ... -24-horas/

Update on the figures and new cases in the axarquia towns/villages

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Best one yet. A lady at OH's firm had slight symptoms so went to the local test centre, she logged on when there with her details and was given a test number. It was very busy indeed, eventually with queue taking so much time to go down she left without having the test. Phone goes today and the caller said "you tested positive" OH's colleague said "Eh, I never had the test, check your records", caller slammed phone down.

Can't verify this obviously but OH says the woman is no mug and certainly not a fibber.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:29 pm

Hilarious and probably true. It’s all still chaotic ...

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 pm

Devils Advocate wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:25 pm Best one yet. A lady at OH's firm had slight symptoms so went to the local test centre, she logged on when there with her details and was given a test number. It was very busy indeed, eventually with queue taking so much time to go down she left without having the test. Phone goes today and the caller said "you tested positive" OH's colleague said "Eh, I never had the test, check your records", caller slammed phone down.

Can't verify this obviously but OH says the woman is no mug and certainly not a fibber.
Coincidence? Heard this exact same story recently from a chap that called in on the LBC Tom Swarbrick evening talk show only difference was that he got a text

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:09 am

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:36 am

Devils Advocate wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:25 pm Best one yet. A lady at OH's firm had slight symptoms so went to the local test centre, she logged on when there with her details and was given a test number. It was very busy indeed, eventually with queue taking so much time to go down she left without having the test. Phone goes today and the caller said "you tested positive" OH's colleague said "Eh, I never had the test, check your records", caller slammed phone down.

I hope they chased up the actual positive person and didnt think "cr*p, wrong number, oh well..." :wtf: :wtf:

there could be hundreds of people walking around among us that are actually positive and dont know about it
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:57 am

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:26 am

Can anyone explain how Countries were Importing COVID 19 Testing Kits back in 2018?

https://wits.worldbank.org/trade/comtra ... uct/300215

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:04 pm

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:08 am

Yes thanks Mark have since seen the explanation also here.....did look very suspect in its original form before they changed all the wording though

https://maldita.es/malditobulo/2020/09/ ... d19-tabla/

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Gone a bit quiet on here. Read of all the tents going up outside Madrid hospitals. Are there plans for any more restrictions? Heneghan,An Oxford Scientist said on TV that he thought Spain's initial lockdown was too strict and did not allow the virus to circulate. However, seems to be going up in most countries except Sweden. Appears that only the UK is contemplating lockdown again. The same Scientists called Boris's Advisers a bunch of Fortune Tellers and claimed this is not a new wave.

There may come a time when the threat is more significant and we will need a more robust approach to restrictions, but that time is not now.
As we go into the winter consultations for acute respiratory infections (for all viruses and other agents) - in a good year - will quadruple - in a bad year they can go up nearly tenfold. However, in previous years when this has happened, we have not panicked, but we have gone about our daily lives - business unhindered.

Now - more than ever - we need to proceed with a sensible cautious approach. An approach that prioritises social distancing but ensures our society functions as it has done in previous pandemics, and in every year when the seasonal impact of infections occurs.

Full article

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... eads-rise/

Also in the Mail, free to read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ience.html

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:08 pm

I returned from two months in England last Monday. During my time there I travelled by 10 taxis, 4 buses, 6 trains, 3 hire cars and 2 planes. I stayed in 2 hotels, at my parents' and with a friend in her house in Brighton. I ate out only 6 times; the rest of my meals were 'at home'. Everything was ordered, logical, felt safe and almost devoid of people which made distancing quite simple, apart from in Brigton where the whole world was in the streets.

I did not do a huge amount of shopping other than in M&S, Sainsburys, Boots, WHSmiths and Waterstones. The clothes and department stores were depressing with nothing much to buy and very few shoppers. I did not isolate or distance on getting to my parents' house simply because I didn't. However, I am doing two weeks self-imposed isolation now that I am back in Spain. The bus from Madrid to Trujillo was crammed full of two extended Spanish families all sitting on top of each other at the back of the bus with my seat somewhere in the middle of them. I flourished my health immigration papers at them and told them that for their safety I was going to sit in the front of the bus that was, in fact, empty. That bus trip could have make me nervous but, in the end, didn't.

From what I could see and from the way I felt when travelling around and living in the UK for eight weeks, there is nothing to be worried about in getting on with your life. Just be sensible.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:44 pm

That seems to be the situation generally in Spain. It most places life goes on normally with some differences from the Uk. Here masks have to be worn but most places don’t have the rule of six although in certain areas of Madrid it has been introduced.

I know a few people who have currently got it. A set of twins contracted it, one quite ill and the other with no symptoms. A Students’s mother who has to self isolate in her bedroom away from the family. Others who have been in contact with someone with covid self isolating. All have to have two tests to make sure they are clear.
Apart from that life seems almost back to normal for me. I’m working normally again, albeit taking precautions.

Schools back, exams were done as per normal avoiding the mess in the UK. I like to go out at the weekend and bars quite busy. We will have to wait and see what will happen when the colder weather starts.

The problems in Madrid are in some suburban areas with major overcrowding.San Sebastián de los Reyes Is one regular travelers might have passed while traveling to or from the north. We have plans to visit during the next long weekend in October and wife is keeping an eye on the situation, for the moment the centre of the city is unaffected

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:23 pm

I agree, Mark. I am still not convinced by masks but I do wear then as I like to be law-abiding.

The bigger problem is lots of people crammed into an inside space celebrating events such as First Communions. Look at what is happening in a tiny village in a remote part of Spain. It's not just Madrid and overcrowding issues, is it?

https://norteextremadura.es/eljas-sierr ... UnsLa4A3Pc

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Intresting info lavander thanks. Dont know how near to caceres you are but how are things around there. Hoping for a break there,merida and tujillo soon.