Opticians

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jonbar.1
Resident

Opticians

Postby jonbar.1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:55 am

Can anyone recommend, please, an optician ; between T.Del Mar & Nerja?
Although we like Specsavers, we're fed up of driving to Fuengirola.If we could get someone as reasonably-priced,that would be a bonus.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Opticians

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 pm

I use Soloptical in El Ingenio for my glasses as they are reasonably priced, although the eye test is pretty cursory. I use Ole Optica next door to the Mas supermarket in C/Antonio Ferrandis in Nerja for contact lenses as he gives a more thorough check up that they are fitting OK. His glasses aren't cheap though.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:02 pm

Thanks Wicksey.
I know "Ole".They are too expensive for my specs,but it may be worth my wife seeing them for her contact lenses,as she is not too happy getting them from Soloptical.
I would be happy to try them for my specs,except that I'm concerned about their expertise When we went there last week to collect my wife's lenses,we were attended to by the lady who normally works in the Eroski Electrical department!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Family members used ole after a recommendation. Expensive glasses but not very good quality in their opinion. All the lenses seem cheap and are continually marked. Do they just use cheap glass/plastic nowadays as they swear years back the lenses were far better quality.

A few ppl have recommended chavas/chavos? i think it is. on castilla perez in nerja. Spanish owned but speak english if needed. Probably far cheaper aswell than a Scandinavian business (like a dentist)

Kinda like hairdressers. We had used the same optician for years in the uk and you worry about getting ripped off. I used multioptics for an eye test. I have very good eye sight. Saw everything fine yet they still claimed i needed glasses! Not sure what for! Didnt bother going back
Last edited by elusive on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Cheers Elusive
Useful info. :thumbup:

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:08 pm

I have Varifocals from Ole, the third pair from him, these are wrong for distance having already been changed for the "Aiming point" being wrong.
I will go elsewhere next time.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Thanks Lyric.
Things are stacking up against Ole.
I may pop into some of the ones in the area for chats, to see how they are.