Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby El Cid » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:27 am

olive wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:55 am.
Anyone having trouble with masks. Use a valved one.
They are not recommended as your exhaled breath is not filtered.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 60266.html

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:38 am

Lyric wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:08 pm I've been to the Torrox Town Hall this morning. Signs abound in three languages, the normal stuff, disinfect, maintain distance etc.
Inside no disinfectant, the normal shoulder to shoulder seating, no masks on the staff (all the visitors were masked) there is obviously no virus in Torrox. :lol:
You are fortunate that the Town Hall is open :mrgreen: from what I hear in UK many are locked, infact don’t think many are working in them either according to what people are saying.

I use my own protection before leaving the house since I had a couple of red itchy fingers with the ones outside shops.

Masks seem to be useless against the virus or it wouldn’t be spreading so fast. Some Scientists claim they do more harm than good. Prefer the normal blue ones, cooler than cloth ones. I bought two thin silky ones in hot weather, they were cooler but every time I spoke it slipped under my nose. Difficult to adjust when wrapped in plastic at the hairdressers.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:41 am

A mask with valves prevents you from breathing your own exhaled CO2 back into your lungs.

On the odd occasion that I have to go into the town I use a mask like this (except for the ITV):

Mask.jpeg
Mask.jpeg (41.3 KiB) Viewed 1829 times

It is a mask and, as far as I am aware, it complies with the letter of the law.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:50 am

I hope everyone's aware that KN95 face masks will not be permitted to be sold to the public in Spain from 1 October 2020 onwards.

https://www.eleconomista.es/status/noti ... rias-.html

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:52 am

I carry my own sanitiser plus a pack of wetwipes that I prefer to use. Some of the shops have horrible slimy stuff in theirs that you cannot get off your hands. Trouble is that sometimes you are made to put it on before entering by the nearby shop assistant. By the time you've been in every shop in the El Ingenio centre your hands are red raw, so if I've only just done it in one shop I only pretend I'm putting it on at the next!

I think it's more important that shops keep things like their trolley handles clean, which I always thought were pretty grubby being handled all day (especially when you see people coming out of the loo without washing their hands then going around the supermarket).

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:16 am

New rules on mask wearing while in restaurants and doing sports

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.euro ... andalucia/

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:40 pm

Looks like another state of emergency is looming for Spain with government powers for it to last six months.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Sánchez also says that people 'must' download the tracking app:

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... covid.html

I would like to see him try to enforce that.

The more extreme he becomes the sooner Spaniards will wake up and realise there is something nasty in the woodshed.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:34 pm

I've seen several pieces of news, 15days is mentioned but also that it will be extended, one site says it will last until 9th May while another says Dec and another says April...So which one is right? beginning to sound as confusing as it is in the Uk.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Total number of deaths in Spain allegedly from coronavirus - just under 35.000
Average number of deaths in Spain EVERY YEAR from smoking related diseases - more than 57.000.

Has smoking been banned? No. Has the tobacco industry been shut down? No.

Why not? Because it would be 'a contravention of people's human rights and because it would cause unemployment and damage the economy'. Well, now, there's a familiar scenario.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:00 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:30 pm Sánchez also says that people 'must' download the tracking app:

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... covid.html

I would like to see him try to enforce that.

The more extreme he becomes the sooner Spaniards will wake up and realise there is something nasty in the woodshed.
Good luck with that Pedro :crazy:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:03 pm

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... l-may.html

Curfew across the country from 23.00-0600. Regions have the power to move it one hour either way but cant disregard it altogether.

By law they can only do it for 15 days at a time but the P.M has said they want it until may. Way to far ahead to worry about.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:18 pm

I can't download the tracking app as I don't have a smart phone. I did see a chat app appear on my ipad a few weeks ago and when I went to see how to open it I was asked to point my phone at my ipad and scan the code. Completely hilarious. Who invents this nonsense?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:28 pm

Calling for people to download the app and imposing something are two completely different points
This has been asked for by the regions due to the fact that many were unable to enforce certain measures legally without it. For example The Basque Region among others including Extremadura wanted to bring in extra restrictions last week which were passed in their parliaments but were deemed illegal by the courts without a state of alarm.

For certain areas including where I live this is real and presents many problems and without the measures the virus would be moving faster through the communities. The Tuesday after the last long weekend, a girl came to class who later tested positive and we were told she had picked it up during a visit to her cousins' in La Rioja the previous weekend. It was a few days later before she was told she had been in contact with someone with the virus and a couple more days before developing symptoms. As far as I know, it is the only case of someone actually being in class while having the virus

Fortunately, because everyone wears masks and maintains a distance of about 1.5 mitres, it was not deemed necessary by the authorities to close the class and it seems that no other classmates got it. The class has 8 students in an area of about 12 square metres but a friend of hers, who she sits next to on the school bus, who is also a student, however, is not in the same class with me but is at school, got it I now have 7 out of 90 students who have had the virus and various other who have been told they needed to quarantine .

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:51 pm

The app thing will not work very effectively, though, if a certain % of the population do not have the hardware to download it. Will it? Maybe the government could start to issue free iphones? Maybe Apple could sponsor the scheme?

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Oh yes please, put me down for an iphone12.

Macron has said the picture in France wont change much before summer next year. My view is we will have measures , lockdowns call it what you will and the infections will go down, then they will be eased and go back up. Does anyone actually know where people ate getting CV? ( as opposed to it is the young , out partying, bottellons and so on.

No need for the older folk to have the app they ( we) dont go out and mix in a daft way. Or do they......

My forecast. We will only be able to go out wearing a perspex divers ensemble complete with filter and own oxygen supply. Far fetched? Who would have thought people would be wearing masks....

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:32 pm

Aslong as im still able to travel for breaks etc then thats all that bothers me. Putting aside the masks... We will see which regions start banning other regions from travelling into them soon enough*madridcoughmadrid*

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:08 pm

I think surface contact has a huge part to play in it, it's so easy to touch your face at any given time without always remembering to wash or sanitise your hands. All it takes is to open a door or use a hand rail, take a receipt or coins from a shop assistant.In bars and restaurants your glass, plate, knife /fork are touched by someone before you.
The local Glaxosmithkline have had quite a number of cases, the staff each wear a devise which beeps if they get within a certain distance of one another and they all wear masks. They could have been infected outside the factory but i do think surface contact has a big part to play in it.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:15 pm

elusive wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:32 pm Aslong as im still able to travel for breaks etc then thats all that bothers me. Putting aside the masks... We will see which regions start banning other regions from travelling into them soon enough*madridcoughmadrid*
Snap.. Elusive, that is all that bothers me too...I am traveling to Spain around mid Dec ( or i hope i am ) so i hope it won't be an obstacle course getting from my home to Malaga and then up to Granada. Apart from that life goes on pretty much as normal as can be. Abnormal is when i watch the news which i try to avoid nowadays as much as possible. :lolno:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:43 pm

The apps aren’t working well in most countries. Not enough downloading them either. Reports of some being bombarded with calls in Uk. In Spain it was stated they don’t have enough tracers. Millions in Germany and France have uninstalled it. I haven’t installed it.