Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby katy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:14 pm

Saw a headline in local news today that West Sussex is going to have it's own Tracker. Didn't bother to read anymore. Doesn't. Apply to me ha ha.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:17 pm

Testing just brings up more asymptomatics. They aren't really cases because they are not ill. UK claims to have done the most tests in Europe...what is the result. Another lock down.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Wicksey wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:48 pm ...Some prescription drugs I've been given make me feel so ill, and they've been supposedly tested and have been around for years...
Exactly. Take Nolotil for example. They have at last accepted that it is not good for Northern Europeans but it was invented in 1922 and first banned in Sweden in 1974 but it took the Spanish years to recognise the fact that it was dangerous and not before several serious illnesses had been caused and even deaths in some cases.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... Spain.html

What is to say that the same thing will not materialise in future months or years with some hastily produced vaccine? As far as I am concerned people must make their own decisions but please leave me out of it. I would rather take my chances with the virus.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:30 pm

Beachy - 3 free elgordo lottery tickets and a voucher for a meal out. I can see you are tempted. The eat out will boost the hospitality sector economy.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Meanwhile elsewhere in North Europe, mink farms are culling vast numbers of farmed mink because they have got CV ( from humans) . Apparently they have then given some 4 lucky humans a genetically modified version of CV. Mankind has some way to go to atone for what we have done to our planet
-------------

Serves them right. I thought the scandies were civilised?. Poor animals.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Boris and his pathetic excuse for a Cabinet should hang their heads in shame along with their puppet masters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... y-Day.html

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:48 pm

This is all part of the scheme to re-write history and wipe out the United Kingdom's past as part of the re-set plan.

As I said once before, George Orwell's 1984 was meant to be a novel not an instruction manual.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:02 pm

firsttango wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:00 pm Incentive to have a vaccine thats only been around a few months? Not a chance, but they'll have their work cut out as there are plenty of terminally stupid people around that will be queuing up for it no doubt.
One does not have to be "terminally stupid" to have the vaccine. One just have to think that the risk of dying or suffering serious side effects from the vaccine, rushed to market as it is for obvious reasons, is lower than dying or suffering serious side effects from the virus it self.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:21 pm

Think it but don't believe it.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:18 pm

I don't intend to have any vaccine, my mind was made up about that months ago. They have banged on about social distancing being part of life until a vaccine is found, they haven't been telling anyone the truth, it comes out in dribs and drabs, i suspect it's being fed to people this way on purpose. They are now saying which i suspect was their intention all along that they have orders from different manufacturers to vaccinate only half the Uk population,it was implied that social distancing will need to stay in place..The control never ends :thumbdown: They intend to vaccinate all the over 50's, it's not about money or the fact that those under 50 yrs would cope better if they caught the virus, it's about damage and unforeseen long term risk which they will not be able to evaluate. The over 50's will be the Guinee pigs. They said a safe vaccine and one that will probably give 99% protection will not be around for some 5 years to come.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Anyway none of the vaccines are going to prevent the spread of the virus just give a 50% chance of relieving some of the symptoms:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ction.html

Is this really worth risking your health and possibly your life for?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:00 pm

In a short answer, "NO!"

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:04 pm

No doubt there will be a massive persuasive campaign to get people to accept the vaccine along with all the implications for those who do not want to be vaccinated. I think it will be up to each individual to make that decision for themselves but i do think there will be divisions created between those who are willing to have the vaccine and those who won't..Unless of course we are all forced to have it by law!!! I hope that is just over thinking on my part. :wtf:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:15 pm

In order to force people to have the vaccine, by law, the Nuremberg Code would have to be rewritten, rejected, whatever. I am not worrying about anything like that — yet — as I think there will be real civil war the world over before that happens. I don't even have the flu jab and without a 'smart' phone how will people know where I am when I take to the hills?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Well that is good to know Lavanda :thumbup: Think i will hang on to my two old Nokia's. :lolno:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:30 pm

:thumbup: That's the spirit. They have to find us first.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:44 pm

There is also article 6 of the Unesco Constitution Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights to consider:

Article 6 – Consent

1. Any preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic medical intervention is only to be carried out with the prior, free and informed consent of the person concerned, based on adequate information. The consent should, where appropriate, be express and may be withdrawn by the person concerned at any time and for any reason without disadvantage or prejudice.

2. Scientific research should only be carried out with the prior, free, express and informed consent of the person concerned. The information should be adequate, provided in a comprehensible form and should include modalities for withdrawal of consent. Consent may be withdrawn by the person concerned at any time and for any reason without any disadvantage or prejudice. Exceptions to this principle should be made only in accordance with ethical and legal standards adopted by States, consistent with the principles and provisions set out in this Declaration, in particular in Article 27, and international human rights law.

3. In appropriate cases of research carried out on a group of persons or a community, additional agreement of the legal representatives of the group or community concerned may be sought. In no case should a collective community agreement or the consent of a community leader or other authority substitute for an individual’s informed consent.

http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ ... N=201.html

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:47 pm

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:19 pm

Governmental experts across the Western world will be grappling with exactly this problem.

My view is that with incentives you could persuade the waverers to have the vaccine. There will be a third approx who will form queues at dawn for any vaccine. The remaining third ( I will call them Ned Luds) will never have a vaccine. It doesn’t matter. They just need about two thirds vaccinated.

If you are a Ned Lud how would you feel if you dont get free cinema tickets, priority booking, free meals out or even grander incentives. How about an electric car at a massive discount? Only shop during siesta . No admittance to concerts, stadium, planes, trains. Fantasy? Perhaps but something has to be done to get out of this “ lockdown then boom in infections , then lockdown cycle” .

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:10 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 19607.html

What I can never understand is why everyone is supposed to get vaccinated against anything. Surely, the people that want to be vaccinated and get vaccinated are protected and therefore can not get the disease from any unvaccinated person. It has never made sense to me.