Municipal confinement?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Municipal confinement?

Postby gerryh » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:55 pm

We've had flu jabs since we reached 65 and when we reached 70 they offered us a pneumonia jab as well.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:01 pm

Axarquia moves down to level 3. Not much difference bar % of people allowed to do xyz

Thanks Gerry

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:10 pm

elusive wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:49 pm Intresting info. Do you have to ask for the two jabs or do they contact you?

Hadnt heard interms of older relatives were never offered it in either countries.
I have read comments sometimes from people living in other areas who say their Health Centre contacts them and invites them to come in for the flu jab, but that doesn't happen here. Every year the dates when the vaccination campaign starts for various groups are published in the press. This year they started on 8 October by vaccinating care home residents and health and care workers, jabs were available for the over 65s from 15 October and for younger people in high risk groups from 30 October. I had read that this year anyone who lives with someone aged 65 or over would be eligible, so on 30 October I rang our Health Centre at 10.00 am and asked if I could book an appointment. Can you come at 13.40 today, I was asked. Then as I said, when I got there I was offered the pnuemonia jab as well. You don't have to request that as well, they will know from your records whether you are eligible on age grounds and whether you have already had it (although if someone had already had the pneumonia jab in the UK, for example, they wouldn't be aware of that) and will offer it to you if you qualify.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:31 pm

Appointments can also be made via the SaludResponde app, of course - there's a separate category for Vacuña de Gripe.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:14 pm

Thanks free..

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:59 am

Not sure whether I would have to contact the health centre about a pneumonia jab as this has only just come in from tomorrow allowing those from 60 years old to have it. Sounds like it may be worthwhile, especially as it seems to be only one for life.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:42 pm

I am eligible for a pneumonia vaccination but they wouldn't give it me at the same time as the normal influenza vaccination. I must make an effort, I can't see it on the Centro Salud application.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Have just checked and now I can't see it on the SaludResponde app either, it was certainly there last week and my husband made his appointment via that route (he went before I did as he's over 65). There was never an option to choose for the pneumonia jab, only for the flu one. Can they have finished doing them, possibly? I know the option didn't appear until the date for over 65s to be able to book appointments arrived.

He had the pneumonia jab about 3 years ago, I had mine on 30 October just gone and both of us were given it at the same time as the flu jab (one in each arm) so it's strange they wouldn't give you yours at the same time.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:10 pm

Lyric wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:42 pm I am eligible for a pneumonia vaccination but they wouldn't give it me at the same time as the normal influenza vaccination. I must make an effort, I can't see it on the Centro Salud application.
Perhaps you need to request one via the phone appointments system, or call into the health centre and ask. I tend to call in at lunch time and it's been empty in there and been dealt with straight away (knowing you use the same one as me).

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:22 pm

Request for a flu jab, "Gestion cita gripe" is still on my SaludResponde app.
It shows appointments available every day for the next two weeks.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:54 pm

I think we're talking about the problems getting a pneumonia vaccine Gerry. It was announced yesterday that us young'uns can now have one from aged 60, which includes me :lol: . Also Lyric is trying to get one.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:53 pm

On the subject of the pneumonia jab, it is worthwhile doing a google on risk categories. For example anyone who has done a lot of metal welding. Your doctor may make the judgement call purely on age in the absence of detailed knowledge of your health history.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:42 pm

elusive wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:16 pm
Wicksey wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 pm
elusive wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 pm Dont forget toy shops can open till later :crazy: and restaurants for takeways until 21.30.thats if theres any left in business. Why the heck you cant travel within 10 km of your home i dont know. Great if you live in velez municipalities or even torrox for you wicksey but in villages with no shops etc. Whats the difference between torrox pueblo and costa and frigiliana and nerja (bar the obvious)
Some municipalities are tiny, but I thought that they were turning a blind eye to those that needed to get to the nearest supermarket even if it is in the next municipio. Must say I haven't seen any police around on my trips to the hospital in Velez and to Nerja health clinic the other day. From what Zanuck said, he drove from Caleta to Santander without seeing any police so they seem to be low key at the moment.
I guess it depends if you get stopped by bad or good cop wicksey! Offically you cant but... been quite alot of checks at nerja motorway turn off and the roundabouts as you go down. Its ok for people who work outside of their town etc. They can pop into the supermarkets etc on the way in or out but if you work in your own town,retired etc then you are locked in. A small % of people so in reality what difference is it making?

Officially you can leave your municipality to go to a nearby municipality to purchase a food product that is not available in your own municipality

k) Desplazamiento para la adquisición de productos de alimentación por quienes
tengan su residencia habitual en localidades que, siendo de otro término municipal,
carezcan de establecimientos que permitan la adquisición de tales productos y sean
localidades limítrofes con los municipios con limitación de movilidad.

BOJA 77 of 08 November
https://www.juntadeandalucia.es/boja/20 ... index.html

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Yeah you can but its still a case of who you get when/if stopped. Unless you have a medical condition with dietary requirements that you can prove its very hit and miss. In march i got told by a guardia you must shop at lidl and not mercadona as mercadona is 500 mtrs further away down the same road as lidl. Then on another trip returning from lidl i got stopped at a check point and was told by another one you cant shop in lidl you can only shop in your village :crazy:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:45 pm

That was in March when there were different rules, well actually no rules at all about municipal confinement. I recall the same myself that in the original confinement some authorities saying you had to shop in your own town.

However read the BOJA from 08 November it explicitly states that you can shop in a nearby municipality if something is not available in your municipality.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:51 am

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:45 pmHowever read the BOJA from 08 November it explicitly states that you can shop in a nearby municipality if something is not available in your municipality.
I wonder how that would stand up against a pee´d off guardia civil officer at a checkpoint? My missus hasnt been to lidl in a month and shes getting annoyed with mercadona :lol: :lol: :lol: "but i dont like mercadona bread, i want lidl!"

Its all a bit of a "joke" really - we are supposed to be confined to our municipality - but who is enforcing it? I´ve driven from alhaurin el grande to the airport every day during these rules - i was stopped at a checkpoint the day before (probably for itv) - but i have hardly seen any police at all, in a whole month?

I´ve seen people completly flaunting the rules this week - people that I used to work with, that now live in alhaurin de la torre, driving up to alhaurin el grande to go for fish & chips. Even worse they came in two cars rather than all coming together :think: if nobody stops them, they will carry on doing it.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 am

spanish_lad wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:51 am [quote=

I´ve seen people completly flaunting the rules this week - people that I used to work with, that now live in alhaurin de la torre, driving up to alhaurin el grande to go for fish & chips. Even worse they came in two cars rather than all coming together :think: if nobody stops them, they will carry on doing it.
Isn’t two cars better than 1? A bit more social distancing surely if in 2 cars.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:23 am

spanish_lad wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:51 am
Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:45 pmHowever read the BOJA from 08 November it explicitly states that you can shop in a nearby municipality if something is not available in your municipality.
I wonder how that would stand up against a pee´d off guardia civil officer at a checkpoint? My missus hasnt been to lidl in a month and shes getting annoyed with mercadona :lol: :lol: :lol: "but i dont like mercadona bread, i want lidl!"

Its all a bit of a "joke" really - we are supposed to be confined to our municipality - but who is enforcing it?

I guess it's like many things it is up to the officer and if he knows the law and how he interprets it. Just get a bit more creative than a loaf of bread though! Make it at least Gluten and lactose free without nuts and zero fat.

I was stopped on my bicycle outside my municipality, which may appear illegal. However the officer concerned hadn't read the full 52 pages of the newly published BOJA in force on that date. He also hadn't read the underlying BOJA that it referenced and that was published in June and that hadn't been amended.

Come to it neither had I but luckily the Cycling Federation and their lawyers had. It turns out that the same rules that allow professional footballers to go from Granada to Madrid to play a match also apply to any adult who is a member of a sporting federation. So my membership of the federation gives me immunity from Covid and allows me to ride my bike wherever I want. I showed the GC the information. He told me he had no idea this existed, read it and let me go on my way. I am sure there are many other things like this. I only know about it because I have insurance for cycling by being a member of the federation!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:14 pm

Spamish lad, does it have to be lidl bread? what about the local bakery bread shops?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:41 pm

As you say Spanish Lad, I haven't seen any police doing checks so far. Certainly nothing like the police presence during the first lockdown. I've been to Velez for a hospital appointment and to Nerja for another, but no-one around to check. A friend in Velez has seen some police on the main roundabout at El Ingenio which would be an obvious place to put them. I know people from other municipalities have been going to the shops there.

I never realised that we weren't supposed to sit together in the car. Apart from not leaving the town boundaries, things around here seem to be carrying on much as before.

Pamela, Lidl does some nice bread these days, probably not what you'd get in your local panaderia. Our favourite is the fig bread from the fresh bakery section.