Covid Restrictions Andalucia

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Current Travel restrictions

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:23 am

jonbar.1 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:28 am Bearing in mind it is currently forbidden to travel inter -municipality.
Where are the endless "Pelatons" of brightly- coloured cyclists going?
Federated athletes are allowed to leave their municipality to travel anywhere in the country to train or compete for their sport, as long as it is not in the curfew hours (top level basketball and football which can disobey the curfew)

Basically the same rule that let's professional athlete's go about their business is defined in the BOJA and BOE as being a federated athletes. In terms of cycling the cycling federation has defined that as anybody who has a race licence (or judge or trainer with a licence). You can buy the licence and many amateurs (myself included) have one as it is an easy way of getting insurance. So that little bit of plastic let's me cycle anywhere I want in the country...it also let's me put my bike in the back of the car and go wherever I want 'to train. Other sports are available...my wife is thinking about joining the tiddlywinks federation if she can find it!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Restrictions Andalucia

Postby elusive » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:35 pm

Restrictions continue for another 48hrs until the 12 december. Meeting on the 10th to decide on any changes

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:57 pm

48 hours till 12 th Dec?

Six hour days? My covid days are between 36 to 40 hours long . Very handy for visiting families and loved ones some distance away at xmas.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:02 pm

Restrictions where originally until the 10th. Now until the 12th as they decide what rollocks to make up this time

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:17 am

Like the uk government. Making it up as they go along. 2 ministers in live interview on Sky and both gave completely different answers to the substantial meal question. How are business owners supposed to know?

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:40 am

Surely it is down to common sense.
My nephews in the UK see it as an opportunity to “ neck” a number of pints while munching a meal. If there is still food on the plate, no bar owner is likely to turn away drinks orders. It is human nature , sadly, to try and exploit any rule to their advantage.

Perhaps the UK should have defined the tiers as follows.

Tier 1 Beer
Tier 2 Beer with chips
Tier 3 No Beer

Right now Andalucians will be figuring out how to push the boundaries over what is family and loved ones in order to travel over Xmas period.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:35 am

I don’t blame anyone for breaking most restrictions. Most countries have gone crazy and the rules are open to interpretation. What does annoy me are those that break the rules but don’t want anyone else to do the same.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:46 am

Moreno has already said travelling to meet "allegados" wont be allowed. Personally it would just be nice to be allowed out of the village ! What does he think is gonna happen once that restriction is lifted. Shops will be packed with xmas/general shoppers.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:37 pm

katy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:35 am I don’t blame anyone for breaking most restrictions. Most countries have gone crazy and the rules are open to interpretation. What does annoy me are those that break the rules but don’t want anyone else to do the same.
Bang on Katy....sadly there are way too many Virtue Signallers and tub thumping curtain twitching chin wobblers around these days....thankfully not on this forum but one forum for expats is full of the "pesky" blighters :shh:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:03 pm

katy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:35 am I don’t blame anyone for breaking most restrictions. Most countries have gone crazy and the rules are open to interpretation. What does annoy me are those that break the rules but don’t want anyone else to do the same.
like Dominic Cummings?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:05 pm

This will be the 1st year in 19 years that we haven’t seen the Malaga lights. A friend sent us a video clip last night and Calle Larios was almost empty at 21.00

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:56 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:23 am Federated athletes are allowed to leave their municipality to travel anywhere in the country to train or compete for their sport, as long as it is not in the curfew hours (top level basketball and football which can disobey the curfew)

Basically the same rule that let's professional athlete's go about their business is defined in the BOJA and BOE as being a federated athletes. In terms of cycling the cycling federation has defined that as anybody who has a race licence (or judge or trainer with a licence). You can buy the licence and many amateurs (myself included) have one as it is an easy way of getting insurance.

Do you happen to have a link to the insurance info? I believe I'm registered for this, but while the "secretary" at my club sent me the paper showing I'm registered, I've not had much luck getting her to send me information about the insurance that comes with being registered, though she said she knew of two people who said the insurance had "worked ok".

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:57 pm

There are various types it will depend on where you live. Cycling federacion is spilt by autonomous region. So Google to find you region and then see which type of membership you have. I have my own membership and am not affiliated with a club. I am not sure if club membership brings insurance on it's own or whether you have to get your own individual federation membership to be insured. There are basic memberships that carry insurance that cost about 20 EUR....it is called the Carnet Basico

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Thank you, I'll try to look it up.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:01 pm

Freedom of movement between municipalities allowed again from Saturday @ 00.00

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:18 pm

El nuevo horario de la hostelería del 18 de diciembre al 10 de enero: De la apertura y hasta las seis de la tardeDesde las ocho de la tarde y hasta las diez y media de la noche
En la segunda fase, del 18 de diciembre al 10 de enero: Se permite la movilidad entre provinciasLa hostelería amplía los horariosEl comercio abre en su horario habitual, sin restricciónEl toque de queda de las once de la noche y hasta las seis de la mañana.
En la primera fase, del sábado y hasta el jueves 17: Se permite la movilidad entre municipios dentro de la misma provinciaEl comercio puede abrir hasta las nueve de la nocheLa hostelería, como ahora, podrá abrir hasta las seis de la tardeEl toque de queda igual, de diez de la noche y hasta las seis de la mañana.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/sevilla. ... o_amp.html

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:15 am

Thanks elusive, so i guess there will be a future update on what will happen after the 10th Jan and restrictions will no doubt reverse back to what they are now if there are rises in covid cases. I need to be in Granada since Oct but planning any travel is doomed at this moment in time.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:27 am

Del 23 de diciembre al 6 de enero, periodo acordado entre el Ministerio de Sanidad y todas las comunidades autónomas:Se permitirá la entrada y salida de Andalucía para agrupación familiar.

If I read this correctly we will be able to cross into Portugal to visit our son and his family who live on the Algarve?
Brian.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:39 pm

There was never any restriction on leaving Spain, just as long as if you were stopped by police you could show that you were on your way out of the country. However I have limited idea on what the restrictions are in Portugal. I know they had some movement restrictions and limitations on group size, so maybe check with your family in Portugal.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:15 am Thanks elusive, so i guess there will be a future update on what will happen after the 10th Jan and restrictions will no doubt reverse back to what they are now if there are rises in covid cases. I need to be in Granada since Oct but planning any travel is doomed at this moment in time.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55256248

Have a read of this coming from the UK may no be permitted to enter EU. Even internally within Andalucía the rules can change. If we get a spike in numbers they could change the present rules at the drop of a hat...The only information anyone has at the moment is what the Junta is planning until January 10th...and like I could say that could change if we got a jump in infection rates. (Although that would take a huge jump before the Andalucía president took that step for Xmas). In short even plus 10 days ahead are impossible. You will need to be able to travel at short notice and be ready to change plans.