Playing music on Mobile

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
jonbar.1
Resident

Playing music on Mobile

Postby jonbar.1 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:49 am

I usually play all my music via the "Samsung Music" app on my phone.(Excellent app!)
All the music files ( around 6,000 ) are stored on an SD card in my phone. My wife would like to be able to play music on her ( identical )phone too.
If she buys an SD card ( of a suitable size ) can I copy music files from my card to hers ? Maybe by copying & pasting, using the laptop?
Sounds too simple to me :think: ......any advice please ?
Thankyou John B

casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Playing music on Mobile

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:01 pm

Haven't used the samsung app, but no reason why yoi can't copy the music mp3 files to a second sd card and listen to them on her phone. However in this day and age it may be illegal due to copyright rules. Not like the old days when you physically bought and owned the music on cd, lp, tape etc.
Regards

Bob

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:04 pm

Cheers Bob.
I'll wear a disguise, just in case :)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:07 pm

I think you should be able to do that. I do a similar thing for photos to copy from one Samsung mobile to another via the computer, and have copied music from my computer (where I download it) to my phone. Once you've attached via the USB to your laptop you'll be able to open up the files/SD card that are on the phone. That's how it works for me anyway! I have a music file on my computer where I store it all as a back up. May be worth backing it up if you haven't already.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:18 pm

Cheers Wicksey.
I have all the contents ( music files) of my phone SD card backed-up onto the laptop. Presumably I can connect her phone and drag or copy from there directly to her phone.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Or you could just put your SD card into her phone and copy them onto her phone. Put in a SD card and then move them onto it.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Thanks Elusive.
Seems I have my answer.
Thankyou all :)

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:40 pm

jonbar.1 - sounds (no pun intended!) like you've sorted this. For the benefit of board members Samsung offer a Switch app (Samsung Smart Switch) that allows you to transfer content between Samsung phones as well as from other phones to Samsung. This actually worked quite well for me as I needed to transfer content from a BlackBerry to a S8 for free - stuff like contacts, SMS, pictures, call logs etc. The app needs to be loaded on both devices.

Saludos
Last edited by Screagle on Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:30 pm

elusive wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:32 pm Or you could just put your SD card into her phone and copy them onto her phone. Put in a SD card and then move them onto it.
Or you should be able to copy phone to phone via bluetooth..

Spoilt for choices eh?
Regards

Bob