Ive been cut off and its not my fault.

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

Ive been cut off and its not my fault.

Postby john the baptist » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Hi Everone

I've had my internet and phone cut off today which was not a surprise as the contract with the fibre, home phone and 2 sim cars and mobile phones were in my life's name.

She however left Spain, left ME, and took with her the two the sim cards (which are now redundant as they have new UK contracts) and the phones.

The problem is that I am not the contracted legal person, nor do I want to pay the bills of my estranged wife who has left me. Jazztell are being really unreasonable as they seem to think that I personally should continue paying the €70+ a month bill including the sim cards with minutes that are never used until I believe 1st July 2022.

I simply cant afford this and I have to pay for my own pay as you go €10 a month mobile with Yoigo.

What I want to do is hand back the router back to them, but they are not interested as the agreement is still in force, but obviously its not only not with me but i dont need all these things plus I cant afford them.

I can speak perfect Spanish but they continued to ask for my card details and I refused as I need this to stop. They also mentions something quickly which I asked them to speak slower which they refused, in the end I asked for and English speaking person, to which they said there was no one but someone will call me back sometime in English (which I) doubt.

When my wife left me she left me with a lot of debt and invoices all in her name, and after the first few months of paying them off, not only can I not afford it, Im simply getting sick of it.

The frustrating thing is that Jazztell did not want to deal with me at all when I first called them up to tell them about the circumstances and reduce the package and change it into my name. The said they were only legally entitled to speak to my wife and to be honest not only is she no speaking to me she was unwilling to sort out this situation.

Does anyone know if its actually possible to try to go to another Internet company to get internet whilst this mess is going on. I am without internet and landline and the phone has its limitations and GB limit for skype and zoom video over Xmas.

Please please please any advice would be gratefully received

Kind regards

JB

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Ive been cut off and its not my fault.

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:13 pm

John, I am so sorry to read your troubles - do you have a gestor who can handle some of this for you ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:04 pm

No I don't but wont a gestor end up costing more then the debt???

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:01 pm

I would change companies even if Jazztel offer to give you a phone line and internet. Once Jazztel have your details they could just take your wifes debt from your account.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:28 pm

John, I don't know the figure for your debt/s, but surely it wouldn't hurt to ask around & see what a gestor might charge ? For your own health & peace of mind, you need to get a professional to help you.
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:29 am

Agree with chrissie.a good/decent gestor wont charge the earth. And because you are married i presume they can go after you for the money as if you were her? With the added problem of only wanting to speak to her which is impossible

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:58 am

costakid wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:01 pm I would change companies even if Jazztel offer to give you a phone line and internet. Once Jazztel have your details they could just take your wifes debt from your account.

HI Before she left she went to the bank and cancelled nearly all direct debits. As its all in her name (ie) electricity etc. she also used to het emailed the bill as part of their paperless initiative.

Jazztel has this issue becuase the direct debits stop coming out of the account and she went to the bank to stop them. Do they have the power to embargo the account or is that only goverment and official public employees. The IBI, Car tax and town hall charges still go out of that account and its the only one i have a debit card for because my new account in my own name they only gave me a "building society" book like you used to get in the 1980's.

I was at work all the time and she was the house wife with with the children, now Im here alone trying to backdraft everything and fix it all.

Many thanks in advance for any help

JB

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:43 am

Cant you just tell them "no, it was my wifes contract and she is gone" ?

There are plenty of internet companies. Unplug their stuff and put it in a box.

I wouldnt of thought they can demand that you pay, if the service is turned off and its in her name?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:30 pm

john the baptist wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:58 am
costakid wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:01 pm I would change companies even if Jazztel offer to give you a phone line and internet. Once Jazztel have your details they could just take your wifes debt from your account.

HI Before she left she went to the bank and cancelled nearly all direct debits. As its all in her name (ie) electricity etc. she also used to het emailed the bill as part of their paperless initiative.

Jazztel has this issue becuase the direct debits stop coming out of the account and she went to the bank to stop them. Do they have the power to embargo the account or is that only goverment and official public employees. The IBI, Car tax and town hall charges still go out of that account and its the only one i have a debit card for because my new account in my own name they only gave me a "building society" book like you used to get in the 1980's.

I was at work all the time and she was the house wife with with the children, now Im here alone trying to backdraft everything and fix it all.

Many thanks in advance for any help

JB
I have a friend who owes quite a big tax bill which he will pay when he sells his house but the bill is well overdue. He banked some rental income from another property in his personal account to live off while he gets straight and the tax office took it in under a week. He has never even given the authorities those details but they found it.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Cid, dont hacienda have access to everything tho? this is "just" jazztel

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi John, can't help you with your wife, I had a similar problem a couple of years ago ! However I can help you with your internet situation, go to your nearest orange outlet and get yourself a mobile router, it's about the size of a small cell phone, you can either rent it, for which you may need a contract, or buy it for around 100 euros, you charge it up every thirty days and get 40 bytes for 25 euros, you can use it for anything in range including what'app which gives you loads of free msms and free phone calls anywhere in the EU, hope this helps

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:42 pm

we have 02 unlimited fibre in the town house, 50€ a month for fibre to the house, plus 2 unlimited mobiles.

and we have satalite internet in our campo house - 30€ a month for fibre.

Jon, if you are looking for the recomendations from Manchestreral - he (??) meant orange is 40GB for 25€, and the app is "whatsapp" - a free messaging / calling service provided by facebook.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:44 am

Thank you everyone i just problem to go away and if they get their legal team involved they can embargo our joint account which is the only one i have debit account for and is the one we have had for years and the town hall knows the details do that IBI bills etc are paid. At the moment going anywhere into a bank is a nightmare due to the fact that its one in one out covid madness, plus certain functions are only at certain times on certain days.
Regardless of the poor state of my marriage I personally do not like to owe money and genuinely feel bad about getting demand letters and the dirty looks I get from the Postwoman can kill any many.
I need this company to go away for good so i can start afresh with a new contract in my own name.
Thanks Ill keep everyone posted
JB

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:57 pm

Quote “ we have satalite internet in our campo house - 30€ a month for fibre”

What is that please? Unlimited? Supplier , presumably a KSat reseller?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 pm

https://conred.es/ its a local company, i dont know if they would cover your area ? its a line of sight system.

as far as i recall, its 150mb / unlimited downloads.