CAR ITV - Whats going on??

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: CAR ITV - Whats going on??

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:10 am

casita-bonita wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:40 pm Word of warning folks. One of our cars is due an itv in march, can't remember the actual date. So given the postings recently that suggested long lead times today i asked my village garage to book me an itv for early march. The earliest appointment they could get in algarobbo was for 29th March...

So give yourselves plenty of time when you need to organise an itv.
Mine was due in december.. i booked in november.. and got an appointment for the end of febuary.

I dont like getting fined.. so i havent driven my car for 2 months now...
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:38 am

elusive wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:28 pm https://www.facebook.com/40984531249783 ... 496093534/

If its due for an ITV before june 1st bookings are now available :thumbup: .
My car is due for it's ITV on 9th Feb this year. In December, last year, I booked a test for it and the first available was 26th Feb.
Just had a look to see if I could change it to an earlier date but nothing available Until the end of April.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:08 am

Spanish Lad, Last time we could not get an appointment until long after the due date. I printed out and took the appointment we did get to the local Guardia and they stamped it and signed and we just carried that with us in case we were stopped. Maybe things like that are easier to do here as we have few cars and people compared with Andalucia but it may be worth an investigation for you.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:37 am

I started looking in November for an ITV appointment for one of my vehicles which expires on 18th January. I kept getting a message stating that they were concentrating on the backlog and to try again nearer the time.

Notwithstanding, I continued trying every day and, after a few days, managed to get an appointment for the 4th February plus another one for the 5th for a friend's car which is due on 30th January.

One thing I did notice was that, whilst these appointments were made via the app, the web site on the PC continued to state that there were no appointments available.

I know it shouldn't make any difference but it did.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:13 pm

I got mine on the website with no problems. I did not ask for a date, it automatically gave me the date based on the date of matriculation. This will be its first test.

Sid

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:48 pm

Lavanda wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:08 am Spanish Lad, Last time we could not get an appointment until long after the due date. I printed out and took the appointment we did get to the local Guardia and they stamped it and signed and we just carried that with us in case we were stopped. Maybe things like that are easier to do here as we have few cars and people compared with Andalucia but it may be worth an investigation for you.
I've heard something similar mentioned elsewhere. Print out the appointment slip showing you made the request in "due time". Said some police said they would accept it, though other civilians said it would not be accepted, so guess it will vary upon who you meet. I have the same problem, so will print it out and hope for the best.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:59 pm

I've always been told the same, but on the vieasa.es and n332.es they both say its not true and the car should not be driven.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:03 pm

The ITV on one of my vehicles expired yesterday and my appointment (made in early November) is for 5th February. I have a hard copy of the appointment and also the 'carta de pago' to show that I have already paid for the test and have not since cancelled it.

I was fairly sure that I could continue to use the vehicle but the prior posts gave me doubts so I have just rung the local Guardia Civil who confirm that I can continue to use it and that all expiry dates have been extended by three months by DGT.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:38 pm

That's what they do in Extremadura, as well.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:36 pm

Was surprised to receive a SMS today not only saying something a long the lines that I could move my scheduled booking to an earlier day (was always an option if a slot became available, but even though I've looked now and then, none were), but that I, as far google translate could understand the message, will have priority regarding rescheduling today.

Means I can do the ITV in time, give or take a few days, rather than three months late.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:40 pm

So the system does have some sort of logic to it. Good luck with securing an earlier date or at least an on-time date.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:43 am

@Beachcomber said:
I was fairly sure that I could continue to use the vehicle but the prior posts gave me doubts so I have just rung the local Guardia Civil who confirm that I can continue to use it and that all expiry dates have been extended by three months by DGT.

My ITV expires 5th May. I have been checking online every morning for the past week for an appointment but always met with "none available, try again later". I had success this morning but for 18th May so I am pleased to see this information. I hope Guardia officers in this area know of it too! I'll carry the appointment printout in the car just in case.
Brian.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:53 am

Just taking our friend's car for its ITV 3 months later than it was due. Luckily no one can come out here so it's not been used for a year.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:10 am

If you cannot get an appointment using a computer try the app. That is not actually working properly either and takes ages to open but it does give access to the site. Appointments are currently available in Mijas solely for the last full week in June.

Being able to make the payment prior to the test is a bonus and the receipt is better proof of the intention to get the vehicle tested than just a confirmation of the appointment which could subsequently be cancelled.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:42 pm

My ITV ran out on 3rd Feb, I booked the earliest appointment available back in December which was 18th March.
All sorted yesterday and I was surprised to note that the expiry date is now March 2023, giving me an extra month.
One thing to note is that they only take payment by card, cash is no longer accepted.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:53 pm

As I said above, you can pay prior to the test at an automatic machine at any bank by way of a 'carta de pago'. Very handy if you do not have a card or do not wish to use one.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:20 pm

I seem to recall that however late you have your ITV then the next one happens 'on time' so you loose 2 months or whatever.

Just had a test nearly two months past the due date and the renewal date is 12 months hence.

The Inspector had a lad in tow who he was showing the ropes was done fully and took ages.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Last year my ITV due in April was eventually done in October, but my renewal date remains April 2022. When we booked our friend's car in this year, it was seen two months late in March and they put the next one due as March. So maybe it's different this year, or depends on how many months was involved. Unfortunately, I did not get an extra 6 months grace:(

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:19 pm

You only get time added if it expired during tje state of alarm.

Now of course we are not in the state of alarm, and any cars that expired during that time should of been done already.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:18 pm

Bit of a segue, but related. I have booked online a cita for 18/08 at a distant station because this was the earliest I could get. I thought I'd check if anything earlier/nearer had come up but (as I suspected) my details and current appointment came up with a "modificar cita" option.

What I'm worried about is if I click this and it wipes the best option I have so far, pushing me further back. Has anyone tried the option and do you know if your current one stays intact until you click on a confirmation? If it does, I'd be happy to make regular checks for a better slot but I'll stick with what I have if no-one's sure.

Thanks in advance