Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby olive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:12 am

I read something by a Spanish expert. If I remember correctly he said if you had one person able to do a vaccination every five seconds and they worked none stop day and night, it would take 380 years to vaccinate 20 million people. Ergo 380 centres would take a year. So it is a big logistical problem but one that should be doable given it is every country’s number one priority just about.

I had a conversation with my 95 year old fathers gp in UK. He has difficulty getting to a Biontech vaccination centre 20 miles away and memory problems. Please ring us when you have the vaccine that doesnt need very cold storage. Good idea. We will annotate his notes accordingly.. They rang him today , please come to surgery on Saturday at 9.45. Good job I rang him as he will have forgotten tomorrow and that would have been a missed appointment.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 am

The maths is very wrong. There are 31.536 million seconds in a year. So at 5 seconds a pop, that would be 6.307 million vaccine doses a year. At 2 doses per person means 3.15 million people vaccinated in a year.

Either way it's fairly irrelevant given the role out numbers we have seen so far! How on earth the % of vaccines distributed can vary so widely by region is beyond me. National emergency....but not working weekends!

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:11 am

At least the Junta de Andalucia amended their vaccination programme this week to provide for vaccinations to take place 24/7, and on public holidays. I just know I'm going to be offered a 3am appointment when my turn comes around!

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:33 am

And you know there will be a curfew and leaving home for vaccine will have not been put in the BOJA as a valid reason to leave home

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 am

katy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 am

Said on a local forum here that a sperm bank at a local stud farm has been used for their superior freezing equipment. Don’t know if it’s true. Most of those over 75 have been vaccinated now.
Actually they haven't. Only about 25 percent and still thousands of over 80s not had the jab but lots booked in over next few weeks.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:44 am

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 am The maths is very wrong. There are 31.536 million seconds in a year. So at 5 seconds a pop, that would be 6.307 million vaccine doses a year. At 2 doses per person means 3.15 million people vaccinated in a year.

Either way it's fairly irrelevant given the role out numbers we have seen so far! How on earth the % of vaccines distributed can vary so widely by region is beyond me. National emergency....but not working weekends!
I just knew that would happen. Never believe what you see in the press. It is a mighty logistical effort notwithstanding. :thumbup:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:22 pm

costakid wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 am
katy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 am

Said on a local forum here that a sperm bank at a local stud farm has been used for their superior freezing equipment. Don’t know if it’s true. Most of those over 75 have been vaccinated now.
Actually they haven't. Only about 25 percent and still thousands of over 80s not had the jab but lots booked in over next few weeks.
I was quoting locally. I know many over 75s personally that had the vaccine last week. I said before it is a postcode lottery. I think the NHS staff should have been vaccinated first, the front line ones, not like the NHS manager I know who works from home and has been given it. Seemed to be going ok until the government have butted in.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Back on track. Those of you in Spain can get some good deals on Paradors. Had an email, offers at 60 euro per night. No Vaccinations required :wink:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Said on a local forum here that a sperm bank at a local stud farm has been used for their superior freezing equipment.
------------

Let hope they dont get the vials mixed up :lol:

Mike Conroy
Tourist

Postby Mike Conroy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi
I'm considering returning to UK early February. I'm struggling to find a clinic that can test me for covid-19 and provide the result and a certificate within 72 hours of departure. The test needs to be LAMP or PCR at a specified level of accuracy.
Can anyone help please?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:39 pm

Have a look at https://www.quironsalud.es/malaga
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

NeilS
Tourist

Postby NeilS » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:29 pm

Thanks for the link Gerry, that's very helpful. But there's no indication of prices! A private PCR test in the UK currently costs around £150-£200

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:46 pm

If you click further into the Covid link you will get:-
https://e-quironsalud.es/26-test-covid? ... ruebacovid
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:25 pm

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news ... dency.html

The list of acceptable documents, which have reportedly been communicated to airlines and other operators, is as follows:

Residence card issued under Article 18.4 of the Withdrawal Agreement (the TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero)

Temporary or permanent EU residence certificate (Certificado de Registro de Ciudadanos de la Unión)
Receipt of application for the TIE (Resguardo de presentación de la solicitud de la tarjeta de residencia)

Confirmation of the positive outcome of your residence application (Resolución favorable por la que se concede la tarjeta de residencia)

In the absence of any of the above documents, other documents that credibly evidence your legal residence in Spain before January 1, 2021, such as a padrón certificate (issued by your town hall), a work contract, a rental contract, or proof of property purchase
In the case of students, documentation that demonstrates enrolment in an on-site or in-person course and proof of accommodation

In addition, travelers must show a valid passport and comply with the other documentation requirements, such as a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:18 am

For those of you not aware, take note, if you are travelling to an onward destination from Madrid using KLM you will be required to have an antigen test no more than 4 HOURS before boarding. This is KLM I don't know about other airlines.

Incredibly there is NO testing facility at Madrid Barajas, the nearest testing station was a 35 euro taxi ride from terminal 1 which by the way is a good 2 kilometres from terminal 4 !! the test cost me 70 euros, then a further 35 euros to get back to terminal 1.

The booking agents will not tell you about this test, I only found out completely by accident from my brother in law who happened to be flying from Madrid with KLM.

At the check in desk there were at least 20 people in the check in queue who had no prior knowledge of this and had it not been for the large number of security people on site the situation would have turned very ugly, as it was about 12 very angry people were refused boarding, as I said, beware, the booking agents will not inform you of this !

axarquian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby axarquian » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm

For those requiring an 'RT-PCR' test in the U.K. a company called Halo is offering tests for £89. This company is also promoted by British Airways on their website. The Halo test is saliva-based rather than the invasive nose/throat swab test. I have read in a number of articles that Spain will only accept the results of a swab test, this being the case I cannot see that the results of a saliva test would be accepted unless of course the test certificate simply states 'RT-PCR' Test'. That said I can now only find a reference to 'RT PCR' test on the Spanish government websites whereas previously I am sure it said 'RT PCR swab test', maybe there is no longer a requirement for it to be a swab test!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:06 pm

In the Telegraph today.
Spain could introduce its own ‘green corridor’ for vaccinated British holidaymakers, if there is no collective EU decision on vaccine passports, the country’s Tourism Minister Fernando Valdés has said.

Mr Valdés confirmed that Spain was in “discussions” with the UK and told Bloomberg: “For us the British market is our main market. But obviously since we are a member of the European Union, the solutions have first to be part of the discussions in the EU.

“And obviously if that cannot be reached, we will be thinking of other corridors like green corridors with third countries that can help us restart tourism flows.”

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:33 pm

Just came across this on Facebook - apart from the inevitable ads, it has some clear info, including the location of a clinic group :

https://www.malagacar.com/blog/malaga-a ... -of-covid/

Hope its of use to someone :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:19 pm

Does anyone have any information regarding the current requirements for driving back to the UK via France? I have a friend that must return by the end of this month and he's finding the test requirements before entering France from Spain,and then the UK, onerous.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:18 am

Hi

Here is a website for your Friend to peruse. If all else fails ask your Friend to contact the French Embassy in Spain or London for further information.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france

Hope this helps

David