Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:37 pm

I note it still says through the health system...so much for those who can't use the health system.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1610648286032.jpg
FB_IMG_1610648300833.jpg
FB_IMG_1610648517453.jpg

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:54 pm

Useful post , thanks :thumbup:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:18 pm

Good article in ElPais ( in English) on the rollout.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... phase.html

Not good news if you are in 90s ( 500,000) or in 60’s

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Same publication has stated that vaccination has stopped for health care workers in Madrid because they have run out of units.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:48 pm

Pamela, I wonder if they are running short. Our health centre has been busy with vaccs now on 70+ but yesterday I called for prescription request. Place empty except for receptionist, nothing happening around 12 noon.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:59 pm

There was a very embarrassing table of availability of vaccines ( plural) published by error by the Scottish government on Sky News website. It was removed quite quickly.

I couldn’t see the problem. There are bound to be supply problems. One manufacturer admitted they had slowed production in order to make changes to ramp up future production.

EU are lagging behind Britain.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:22 pm

Lagging behind or were just happy initially to take their time and watch the U.K be the Guinea Pigs and gauge resultant data

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:48 pm

Yes Katy it does seem that they are...Vaccinations are going on here in my area every day but i guess there may come a time when there are supply problems.People who were vaccinated Christmas week have had their 2nd jab but those vaccinated towards the end of Dec won't get their 2nd jab until sometime in March, it means a lot of people will be in the community without the full protection of the vaccine. Is there such a thing as data where those with a single jab have been infected and admitted to hospital? It would be interesting to see how this one jab for now and another in 8-12 weeks is working out.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:09 pm

Spain says it will not let in the British until they have vaccinated 70% of their own population which maybe the end of the summer another year without a holiday.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:12 pm

I think there will be many people who are happy to allow others to be the Guinea Pigs, I know it is one queue that i am in no hurry to join so i will not be selfish and push in.. :mrgreen: however who knows there could be some truth in what you say firsttango. On another thread beachcomber answered one of my posts saying that the pharmaceutical companies who manufacture the vaccine and those who administer it have complete immunity from prosecution if anyone dies. It made me think about the governments who are encouraging their residents to be vaccinated and are insisting it's safe, they must know that they don't have immunity from the wrath of the people if it should turn out otherwise. :lol:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:20 pm

Yes i saw that Katy and i thought it was very premature of Sanchez and a very early blow to Spain's tourism sector but my initial reaction to that was it meant people would not be allowed in again without the restrictions of a pcr test until the end of the summer..We shall see.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:10 am

My niece has had her first jab. She's the youngest on my wife's side of the family and only started work as a nurse around August last year but obviously it's important that they are protected.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:29 am

I wonder how much value a vaccine certificate will be worth from the UK if they are not abiding to the protocol of the manufacturers? I suspect that any certificate from UK may be regarded as dodgy.

I do not know why the people in UK are getting out of their prams because they may have to have a certificate as, having lived in the tropics years ago you were not let in without yellow fever vaccines and the rest.

But doubtless some intrepid international traveller on this blog will contradict me, invariably, as their globe trotting history will be head and shoulders above my own. Heigh ho!

But anyway, what will be the viability of a UK certificate, should one exist, if the Pfizer vaccine was given 12 weeks apart?

Thank The Lord, I will be having mine here, whenever my appointment turns up.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:04 am

What is the viability of any vaccine certificate if the virus can be passed on by any person with one. :lol: :lol:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:41 am

Agree, Unicorn. I had my Yellow Fever and other jabs quite happily during my travels or I could not have gone to the countries I wanted to visit. Tried and tested vaccines with decades of safe and good results.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:47 am

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:04 am What is the viability of any vaccine certificate if the virus can be passed on by any person with one. :lol: :lol:
The viability that you won't get seriously ill and not cause an issue for the health system in the country you are visiting. Also often health insurance policies are not valid if you don't have the vaccines that are necessary for visiting a given country. So say you want to visit a country where Covid was rampant the insurer may tell you get vaccinated or we don't cover you because you have a high chance to catch it in that country and if vaccinated the severity of the illness will be less

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:52 am

Unicorn wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:29 am I wonder how much value a vaccine certificate will be worth from the UK if they are not abiding to the protocol of the manufacturers? I suspect that any certificate from UK may be regarded as dodgy.

I do not know why the people in UK are getting out of their prams because they may have to have a certificate as, having lived in the tropics years ago you were not let in without yellow fever vaccines and the rest.

But doubtless some intrepid international traveller on this blog will contradict me, invariably, as their globe trotting history will be head and shoulders above my own. Heigh ho!

But anyway, what will be the viability of a UK certificate, should one exist, if the Pfizer vaccine was given 12 weeks apart?

Thank The Lord, I will be having mine here, whenever my appointment turns up.
I just hope and pray that the UK diverging from the manufacturers instructions doesn't create a vaccine resistant strains of the virus. The odds may be tiny, but the downside is so huge.

Basically the UK is selling lottery tickets for free in the hope that nobody hits the numbers.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:07 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:52 amI just hope and pray that the UK diverging from the manufacturers instructions doesn't create a vaccine resistant strains of the virus. The odds may be tiny, but the downside is so huge.
Yes. Agree with you completely on this one.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:59 pm

Running headlong into a totalitarian nightmare:

https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_ ... ector.html

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:25 pm

The Financial Times thinks Spain is on the skids:

https://www.huffingtonpost.es/entry/el- ... 330e327012

I cannot link directly to the Financial Times article because it is behind a paywall and at €380 per year it can stay that way.

There will be legal challenges against vaccine passports based upon the UNESCO Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights and the recent resolution passed by the Council of Europe.