Parcel : UK to Spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Parilla
Resident

Parcel : UK to Spain

Postby Parilla » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:02 am

Does anyone have experience of a secure and reliable parcel delivery service, probably a door to door one, UK to here.

The packet would be roughly A4 size with a depth of 10-12 cm, and weigh probably 3 - 4 kg. The contents have no intrinsic value, but are important and original correspondence and documents, which are not replaceable.

Five attempts to fly back to pick them up last year failed, and another earlier this month went down the pan. We have another attempt booked for Easter, but that is looking dodgy to me now. If Easter fails, I'm going to have to look at some sort of courier service, because I am going to need those papers pretty soon, and in this case the security of the documents will be of prime concern, even over cost.

Parilla

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Parcel : UK to Spain

Postby Enrique » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:16 am

Good Morning Parilla,

We have had 100% delivery results using DPD from UK to Spain. Depending where you live using a Pickup /Dropoff point in your Local Town is the best way, especially if living out in the Campo.
DPD use SEUR in Spain, Tracking is available and compared with Parcel Force a lot cheaper.

NB. The above was the situation pre leaving EU
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:14 am

I've used UPS many times, all with 100% success rate.
Package fully trackable from pickup to delivery.
Haven't needed to use them yet since UK left the EU.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:08 pm

Thanks you two, I've got both DPD and UPS on my list of possible couriers should I need one. Will get on the web and look closer when the Easter situation becomes clearer - if it does !!

Parilla

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:55 pm

https://www.packlink.com/en-GB/

Try this, it is like confused.com but for couriers. It will show a price for your package from all the couriers on their system who cover the collection and delivery area. I used it a lot in lockdown when the post office fell apart and refused to deliver to certain countries, even within the EU.

The prices change day to day, especially closer to the pick up date. 1 day it might be TNT, the next day UPS who offer you the best deal. I guess it responds to the courier realising they have spare capacity and lowering prices.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:07 pm

I've been a 'heavy user' of all types of delivery services in Spain for many years and I'm really loath to recommend anyone at present, the situation has been dire UK -Spain and vice versa since January 1st.

However Correos would probably be the best at the moment ,in my opinion, because the courier services are moving the goalposts on a daily basis at the present time.
Perhaps you should visit the post office and find a suitable product that would meet your needs, it will be costly though.
I'm currently waiting for a package from UK , sent by courier on the 5th January, but I've had a parcel delivered from China in 15 days..
Good Luck...
Regards,
Postman Pat.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:10 pm

Correos? It took 4 weeks for them to deliver my registered letter containing my wife’s old passport!

Sid

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:16 pm

Sid,
Was that Certificado ?, which I use regularly for not so important items but need a signature and it's the same as recorded in UK and many times I've had regular mail delivered faster.
However,correos do have many more products available for more important items such as documents, but as I said I'm loath to recommend any at the moment....
Regards,
Gordon

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:20 pm

Sorry Parilla,
I've just realised that you need the service from UK, but the post office UK also have similar services to offer..
:oops:
Regards,
Gordon
Last edited by BENIDORM on Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:47 pm

BENIDORM wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:16 pm Was that Certificado ?,
Yes

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:58 pm

El Cid wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:47 pm
BENIDORM wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:16 pm Was that Certificado ?,
Yes

Sod
A fruedian slip?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:20 pm

No, just Saturday night drunken fingers👍

Sad

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:29 am

Thanks for all the info.

As a Yorkshireman, I have rarely used these words in my life, but in this situation "cost doesn't matter". Certainty of safe delivery into my hands is vital.

Parilla

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:46 am

I have a parcel from UK languishing in Madrid with UPS for 10 days now despite providing [email protected] with the details they requested within minutes of recceiving their text. Further enquiries to [email protected] and UPS customer services have been ignored. It gets a 'warehouse scan' every couple of days.This was despatched UPS Express Saver!
Brian.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:55 am

From now on Sid will no longer have the title of 'moderator', he will now operate under the name of 'Sods Law'. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Parilla,
I hope that you can find a suitable solution for your problem.
I can only try to pass on information from my own experiences, but at the moment it's anyone's guess as to good and bad transport options.
The only thing that I can say is that courier services are great when running smoothly but if you encounter a problem they are extremely difficult to contact because they use so many different carriers and that is why I would lean towards the post office at the moment, at least ,in my experience, they are easier to make contact with ( both correos and UK post office. )
Please remember that 'recorded / certificado is not a fast service it just normally requires a signature on arrival, I posted recently 3 small packages from Spain , by ordinary mail and they all arrived within 10 days, the 1 package that I sent by certificado at the same time has still not arrived.( all this year ).
Regards,
Gordon

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Interestingly i have used ecoparcel for years, and they are the same sort of company as posted above - the carrier depends on the day, they are a 'space filler'. As the majority of my parcels are spain - uk, i recieved a text saying that my normal route is no longer avaliable.

Yesterday? I got an email saying that dpd are now doing uk-spain-uk, so service is resumed.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.