Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:50 pm

Yes i agree Katy, it does seem much fairer, our area is also covid free. Just thinking about all the shops and businesses which are closed when there is no justification.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:53 am

katy wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:11 pm I think Spain's way of restrictions is much fairer than ours. We are totally locked down yet our area is officially "Covid free" as it is in the 0 to 2 persons bracket!
It's just keeping up with where we can or can't go that's sometimes confusing :oops: It is very localised here though so fairer than shutting down a whole county for the sake of one town that is high risk, which I think has happened in the past in the UK (although I don't take a lot of notice of what's happening over there).

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:24 pm

Starting to Vaccinate 1,200 Teachers and auxillaryt staff today at Velez Malaga hospital

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:04 pm

katy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:56 pm
Dunflittin68 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:46 pm You could be right. It's going to be a long boring summer here in the UK! We have been locked up more of less only going out for shopping for food for nearly 12 months. Feels like a life sentence and with nothing to look forward to it looks like the garden will be the only thing to hold my interest for the next 6 months :roll: :roll:
I thought you lived in Spain?
It is boring and depressing. Lockdown UK quite strict, except for what you read in the DM. Of course we can easily drive to the coast not much surveillance but afterwards no warming pub lunch. Most High Street shops closed except for M&S (Bras, Pants and Joggers essential). Pound shop open and crummy Costa coffee, only to take out. Now talk of putting Spain on the red list, unless scaremongering in the media.

Most have had their second jab around here. Our Surgery completed 10,000 jabs at the end of january. No good for travel if the rest of the world is not done though.

No, I live in the UK. My daughter lives in Torrox on the Costa. I find it so depressing in the UK at this time of the year and can't wait until at least it warms up enough to get out in the garden. It will be the only thing stopping me from going do lali between now and when the lockdown lifts enough to travel ! :roll: :roll:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:34 pm

Our doctor advised today that we will have either Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and will be rung with an appointment. Currently they are vaccinating 50 a day in Loja due to availability

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 pm

On the good news front both my parents had the vaccine, one AstraZeneca and the other Pfizer, with absolutely no early side-effects at all. They feel really well. My brother, who had cancer about six years ago and has a compromised immune system was completely pole-axed and was in bed for a week wishing someone would shoot him. He's up and about now.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 pm

I have mine tomorrow. Not sure which one but i actually dont care. Just hope I don't have a reaction like my wife did. She felt rough for 4 days and had a headache within 10 minutes of the jab.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:59 am

Does anyone know what allergies are considered reasons for not being vaccinated?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:08 am

My 94 year old FIL has had both his jabs with no side effects at all. I'm one of those people who often react badly to even the most basic medicines (without reading the leaflet and their side effects, so it's not the nocibo effect!). That is why I'm reluctant at the moment for a vaccine, although I think I am a way down the list here anyway.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:17 am

I am allergic to various cleaning products but I don't think 'housework' is a good enough reason.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:28 am

Lavanda wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:59 am Does anyone know what allergies are considered reasons for not being vaccinated?
Lavanda, i'm not sure but i think i read somewhere that they refer to people who carry an EpiPen..so that could mean anything from nut allergies to insect bites, medication allergies etc.I have a seasonal alergy to plants or cut flowers and perfumes which always causes sinusitis but i don't think they count however anyone with an alergy no matter what it is would be best to mention it either before or when they go for their jab just to be sure.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:28 pm

Lavanda wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:17 am I am allergic to various cleaning products but I don't think 'housework' is a good enough reason.
Just tell them you are an anti vaccer and conspiracy theorist (Grade2). that should do the job!

I see that vaccine passports have come to the fore again. UK government is considering carefully.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:37 pm

The trouble with the anti-vax thing is that I can produce my vaccinations documents for Yellow Fever and Dengue which I had a few years ago to visit Cambodia and Vietnam. Maybe I am becoming schizophrenic and that's a side-effect of Covid not yet mentioned?

Galicia was in the news this morning and are thinking about fining people who do not get vaccinated. I didn't have my glasses on in the churrería when I ordered my breakfast (to be eaten outside, of course) but I THINK the figure of the fine was up to €600,000 which, depending on the punctuation being a comma or full point, could be outrageous.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:43 pm

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:46 pm

Should have worn my glasses BUT that is still outrageous.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:34 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if this made some people more determined not to have it.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:11 pm

Well, if you think about what is happening logically, Pamela, the 'ordinary' people who want the vaccine are having the vaccine and that is their right. However, they also want the 'other' people to have the vaccine, whether they want it or not, to 'save' them, the people who are already getting the vaccine. The non-vaccinated are already being separated out, bullied, blamed, coerced and discriminated against and called crackpots and all that stuff. Yet, the non-vaccinated are supposed to be the selfish people, so how does that work?

I'm going to bring up the war now. My Mum was a teenager in Germany when Goebbels came to her home town for a rally in 1937. She went with her friends as it was already better if you were seen going to these things than staying at home. Goebbels worked the crowd into an absolute mindless frenzy that terrified my Mum and her girlfriends but at the same time they shouted and waved their arms along with everyone else as they did not want to be different and stand out from the crowd.

My Mum raised all her children to be rebels.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:27 pm

Well i had mine this morning and so far feel fine.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:46 pm

:D

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:16 pm

:lol:
Attachments
its-just-a-flesh-wound2186852-posters.jpg