Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby Screagle » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:24 am

Thanks Mark, I've noted all the Brexit stuff. I'll be travelling with my NIE, return flight details and proof of funds in Spain so should suffice...

Saludos

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:58 am

Agreed. Covid and Brexit have come at the same time but are NOT the same. I'm about to start a new thread re: Brexit and travel.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Screagle wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:10 am I'm confused. If, as a UK resident, I'm travelling from The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, a third country not considered a risk (SpTH), then what exactly do I need to present before flying to and upon arrival in Spain? I have been vaccinated twice with my last jab two weeks ago.

My reading of the directive issued 7th June applies to risk countries only - or does it?

Saludos
https://travelsafe.spain.info/en/

Just use this put in the origin of your trip and it will tell you what you need

United Kingdom is one of the countries exempt from temporary travel restrictions. More information here (only in Spanish).

Entry requirements in Spain.

1. No health certificate is required for travelling to Spain. United Kingdom is one of the exempt countries.

2. Form (information here). In all cases, it is mandatory to fill out the Spain Health Control form (FCS). It must be completed and signed it online before your trip to Spain. You may access the form and sign it through the Spain Travel Health portal or through the apps for Android or iOS devices.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Ryanair now require passengers at checkin to submit the completed FCS form for Spain entry. Of course, you can only compete the form if you have checked in and been allocated or chosen your seat.

Saludos

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Not exactly true Screagle - see the Spanish Travel Health government website. It's a doddle.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:38 pm

Flew from East Midlands 28th May. Had to join luggage queue, checked Spanish locator form was same name as booking. Am now returning to UK this Friday. Covid tests booked tomorrow Torrox Costa, 40 euros. Went on gov site for list of companies providing 2 and 8 day tests. Cheapest I could find was £95.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:41 pm

I paid €80 for the Covid PCR Saliva Test in Spain and another £80 for Day 2 and Day 8 Tests. It seems like a new and thriving business.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:21 pm

Ridiculous cost. Weeks ago I said it should be free or very little. It is just money making. Imagine having to be tested for flu or chicken pox to go on a train

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:43 pm

It is a ridiculous cost but here in the Uk the government doesn't care and will do very little about it because they don't want people to travel. They could make it free but they won't, not even to help the travel industry and their staff keep their jobs. If they go bust then our taxes will have to go towards paying out benefits for 1,000's of people, including all the people and businesses whose livelihoods are connected and that's just for starters, nothing makes sense anymore. Unbelievable that a conservative government is running the country.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:47 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:43 pm It is a ridiculous cost but here in the Uk the government doesn't care and will do very little about it because they don't want people to travel. They could make it free but they won't, not even to help the travel industry and their staff keep their jobs. If they go bust then our taxes will have to go towards paying out benefits for 1,000's of people, including all the people and businesses whose livelihoods are connected and that's just for starters, nothing makes sense anymore. Unbelievable that a conservative government is running the country.
Is that a typo? Surely that should be an i in place of one of the nn's :wink:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 am

:lol: This stopped being about Covid a very long time ago. The government, at least in the UK, know they have dug a very big hole for themselves but they keep digging rather than admit making huge mistakes well over a year ago. People are waking up in huge numbers but there are still millions of people who have been mentally damaged. I am in quarantine in Devon and every day someone rings me up to ask where I am and how I am. One person said they couldn't get a 'fix' on my position and I told them that I did not have a smart phone. The caller asked how I could verify where I was and I told her she would have to take my word or send out a spy helicopter. She burst out laughing. I suspect she knows that what she is doing is daft but she has a job. Millions of jobs may have been lost with the Government shutting the country down but a whole new industry is out there. Trouble is, it is not manufacturing anything except increased paranoia and fear among the brainless and increased frustration among the sound.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:16 am

TUI has cancelled holidays again for Spain, Greece and Portugal etc.
We had 3 tests for Gibraltar.
Arrival free
Departure £30
DAY 2 £44
No quarantine.
A few people I know have ignored it anyway.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Lavanda wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:20 am :lol: This stopped being about Covid a very long time ago. The government, at least in the UK, know they have dug a very big hole for themselves but they keep digging rather than admit making huge mistakes well over a year ago. People are waking up in huge numbers but there are still millions of people who have been mentally damaged. I am in quarantine in Devon and every day someone rings me up to ask where I am and how I am. One person said they couldn't get a 'fix' on my position and I told them that I did not have a smart phone. The caller asked how I could verify where I was and I told her she would have to take my word or send out a spy helicopter. She burst out laughing. I suspect she knows that what she is doing is daft but she has a job. Millions of jobs may have been lost with the Government shutting the country down but a whole new industry is out there. Trouble is, it is not manufacturing anything except increased paranoia and fear among the brainless and increased frustration among the sound.
Careful what you wish for. Plenty of helicopters left spare from G7 just over the border!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:02 pm

They are just youngsters reading off a crib sheet. I had a call last September after returning from Paris and I was eating lunch on the Marina about 35 mins away. no pasa nada

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:32 pm

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:04 pm

firsttango wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:47 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:43 pm It is a ridiculous cost but here in the Uk the government doesn't care and will do very little about it because they don't want people to travel. They could make it free but they won't, not even to help the travel industry and their staff keep their jobs. If they go bust then our taxes will have to go towards paying out benefits for 1,000's of people, including all the people and businesses whose livelihoods are connected and that's just for starters, nothing makes sense anymore. Unbelievable that a conservative government is running the country.
Is that a typo? Surely that should be an i in place of one of the nn's :wink:
Quite right tango. "Ruining" is probably the right word, however i shouldn't be surprised, BJ went against the Tory grain many months ago and said
F### business.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:19 pm

Lots of Germans and Belgians in their huge motorhomes on holiday all over Extremadura when I left last week. They seem to travel with impunity.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:30 pm

Lavanda your post cast my mind back to years ago when the roads were busy with caravans to the annoyance of drivers. The park near where i live dwindled of caravans over the years, now its chockablock. :lolno:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:29 pm

I know Pamala. The M5 going south was always a nightmare of zillions of miles of tailbacks and over 50% of the traffic was caravans.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm

Why wouldn’t you go away in a caravan or motorhome? Virtually the same risks as being at home.